Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Brainiac 5 Apologists UNITE (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Brainiac 5 Apologists UNITE
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Well the Cosmic Boy Apologists Squad seems to be having a grand ole time. Where are all the B5 apologists. Since B5 has such a sordid history of screw ups, you may rationalize his actions in any era pre, post, three boot.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rjbrande
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rjbrande   Email rjbrande         Edit/Delete Post     
What is there to apologize for? ;)
Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
A preliminary list of transgressions perhaps.
  • Threeboot
  • Using Cos' words against him.
  • Plotting a coup against him.
  • Plotting the replace the UP.

Reboot
  • Not too familiar here I'm sure he screwed up.

Pre-boot
  • Making Computo, killing Lu's first body
  • Driving Tenzil insane by making him eat the miracle machine
  • Killing an innocent man in his conspiracy to get the Time Trapper
  • Getting Lu's second body killed

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey TL,

I have NO problem being a B5 Apologist as well. Can I play for both teams?

I take Brainy at his word that he wants to stop/mitigate the coming war. He want's something better for underagers than the current United Planets nanny regime. He's uncovered Lemnos, helped the youth of Naltor, and saved his home planet. He is...a soooooper genius.

However, like Cos, he assumes HE is the only one who can do all this. He doesn't trust his teammates. He seems to bring in new teammates without consulting anyone. He dispatches Lone Wolf to the Rimworlds without telling Cos. And his vision for the Legion and the UP is probably incomplete, just like Cos's.

In short, he's still a self-centered adolescent. It's likely that he and Cos will come together soon to lead the Legion into "phase 2."

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rjbrande
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rjbrande   Email rjbrande         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll deal only with the Threeboot here, since I should actually be working.

Using Cos' words against him

Hoist with his own petard. Cos likes having secret conversations during which he maligns other Legionnaires while simultaneously chiding Brainy for his secrecy? No apology necessary.

After breaking into Brainy's lab, Cos is lucky he isn't riding on Brainy's shoulder and being referred to as "CoCo".

Plotting a coup against him.

Plotting is what Geniuses do. It's in the handbook. Besides, it's simple self-defense. Brainy may be plotting, but Cos is engaged in full-fledged conspiracy. Nnd not just against Brainy, but against other Legionnaires as well.

Magno-ball champ? Sounds like the 31st century equivalent of Captain Queeg's ball bearings to me. A coup is practically required here.

Plotting the replace the UP

I think this is less of a plot than an idle daydream at this point.

See, absolutely nothing for Brainy fans to apologize for... [Hmmm?]

[ August 03, 2005, 07:25 AM: Message edited by: rjbrande ]

Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
I apologize!

Sure, Brainy's done some things that've put the entire universe and life as we know it in grave peril (Computo, Omega) and he's not above committing murder. But, hey, he's the smartest guy in the galaxy, and things have always worked out in the end. Lu and Tenzil forgave him because they realized the truth -- Brainy knows best. He understands it's his duty to overthrow ineffectual leaders before the forces of chaos take over. In the crisis at hand, trying to maintain the status quo (like Cos has) will inevitably result in failure. Only radical action can make a difference.

Another thing about Brainy is that, though he's secretive, he's not a congenital manipulator like Saturn Girl is. He's dishonest only when he's forced to be by his enemies and those who try to thwart his plans. The fact he insults people to their faces (unlike Cos) is much to his credit.

So what if he's an sociopathic egomaniac anarchist? So is Lemnos. You gotta fight fire with fire. Brainy's tendency to go insane from time to time is the price we must pay for his inestimable contributions to humanity.

Plus, he's sexier than Cos, in a frigid sort of way. That counts for a lot.

I rest my case.

P.S. When the crisis is over, Brainy should probably be locked up, but not before he's suceeded in saving the universe.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad

quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:
I apologize!

Another thing about Brainy is that, though he's secretive, he's not a congenital manipulator like Saturn Girl is.

This sounds like an open challenge to all the Saturn Girl apologists out there doesn't it? But that's another thread.
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I put that in just to spice things up. [Big Grin]
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad

quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:

So what if he's an sociopathic egomaniac anarchist? So is Lemnos. You gotta fight fire with fire.

Is this is what will be known in the 30th century as the Dubbya Doctrine? [Wink]
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Brainiac Five is a hypocrite. He should never be forgiven for rejecting Calamity King on such a silly pretext as "he might bring the entire HQ down on us". Yeah, Mr. "Exactly how many HQ's have I blown up this week?"
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Brainiac Five is a hypocrite. He should never be forgiven for rejecting Calamity King on such a silly pretext as "he might bring the entire HQ down on us". Yeah, Mr. "Exactly how many HQ's have I blown up this week?"

I'll handle this one. B5 was not a hypocrite when he rejected Calamity King.

In the selection process B5 was acting as a manager, thus an agent of the shareholders of the Legion which as far as I know is a not for profit corporation incorporated on Earth. Thus B5 had to reject Calamity King because if he didn't he would have violated his fiduciary duty and would have faced R.J. Brande's lawyers and been liable for any damage caused by his decision to admit CK.

This contrasts to the incidences of damage B5 caused in his role as a scientist. In those situations he had no fiduciary duty as he acted not as a manager but as a scientist who's only duty was to the advancement of knowledge.

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
He's mean to Dream Girl in the threeboot!! That is unforgiveable~ I mean, honestly. How can he treat his future bride with such little respect?? Every scene they have together he spazzes out about something.

All in all, it's rather rude.

P.S. I still <3 Brainy, don't get me wrong -- even with being a Cos Apologist.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
i'm totally on briany's side in the threeboot. cos is a megalomaniac...he needs help. and he's so self centered self involved and self important. can you imagine how annoying it would eb to be around this 12 year old that watches way to much reality television, cos is destined for the real world 3006.

but preboot brainy is another story, he caused to much catastrophies.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
brainy wouldn't have to plot a coup if the legion weren't being led by such a donkey. please coup away. cos is an idiot. i'm glad cos has been exposed as the spying coniving privacy invading lab breaking into jerk that he is.

what has cos done against lemnos too? at least briany got to colu in time.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

the up needs to be replaced too, they are complacent fools that are being devoured by lemnos.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.