Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Clearing up the Garth/Trom issue

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Clearing up the Garth/Trom issue
Shadow Kid
Talokian Super-Hunk

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadow Kid   Email Shadow Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
http://www.newsarama.com/WWChicago05/DC/Legion/LSH9_04.jpg

Looks like he is a Winathian farmboy after all.

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice! But confusing. So the Earth thing was a mistake??? We can't afford mistakes like that on the Legion man! I mean it's hypertime madness.

Are we going to see LL from Rimbor in issue #19? doh! If the Earth thing was a mistake...it was bad. ouch.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Except it wasn't Earth, it was Trom, which was about a gazillion times worse than saying he was from Earth.

Next month, Xanthu!

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
A booboo indeed, but my Garth has a fine behind in that page.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe there's a relationship between Trom and Winath the way there was between Orando, the Sorcerer's World/Gemworld and Naltor.

[ August 05, 2005, 04:20 AM: Message edited by: ferroboy ]

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
The planets are twins!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
The planets are twins!

That's what I was thinking! Maybe Trom is now like Korbal.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Interestingly enough, I always thought that excuse should be used to clear up the Winath/Amarta issue...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthtownKid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthtownKid   Email SouthtownKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Since the lettering is digital, hopefully they'll take the time to clear it up for the compilation (if it was a mistake, and not part of some elaborate thing we don't know about yet).
Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think it was a mistake. I swear I saw Barry post somewhere that it wasn't and all would be made clear soon.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
doh! I meant Trom. my bad.

LL, that's all we need. Members home planets changing between issues. I love how uncomplicated the Legion is. [Smile]

This does make the roll calls more exciting. I wonder what planet Gim and Cham will be from next issue! [Wink]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I don't think it was a mistake. I swear I saw Barry post somewhere that it wasn't and all would be made clear soon.

So he did, in the LSH #8 thread:

"The answers to the Lightning Lad planet of origin is explained in #9 - I promise!"

I just hope they don't turn out to be from the same ancestral stock, as some have speculated. The notion that E-Lad was unique in the universe, and the last of his kind, was always an important aspect of Jan's character.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I just figured Garth and Ayla's parents were divorced and living on seperate worlds.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.