Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Update the "Iron Curtain of Time"! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Update the "Iron Curtain of Time"!
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
If the Time Trapper returns, he needs a plot that's not a Cold War holdover!

So... what's it gonna be?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
the time anomaly of mass destruction?
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
The Chronal Curtain?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthtownKid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthtownKid   Email SouthtownKid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Disaster Boy:
the time anomaly of mass destruction?

You beat me to it. Only, I probably wouldn't have put it quite as well.
Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
nah,

the "cannot find server" of time...

i think time machine fuel prices will be too expensive to travel time in the future...or the government will overregulate it so it actually takes LONGER to get to the future using a time machine.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
"Quick! I must travel five days into the future!"

"Fill out this form. It should only take six days for approval."

The Red Tape of Time!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I think you've hit it with the red tape analogy. Whenever they try to travel to the future, they wind up in some Kafka-esque nightmare of bureaucratic bumbling.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
It should be something very Star Trek-technobabblish....

A quantum energy flux that can be used to transport an unwary traveller to any point in time - but the tachyon-particles in the field only bounces him or her back to the nexus of the starting point...and back out again

- like a rubber band effect, in essence

From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
With the Legion as a revolutionary movement I'd probably re-imagine the Time Trapper as someone sitting at the interface of government and the private sector using his connections to forment war to make massive amounts of money.....

OMG!!!! Lemnos is the Donald Rumsfeld.... of Space

He did make us forget about Nutrasweet/Aspartame, didn't he?

As for the Iron Curtain, I'd call it the "Porous Chronal Defense Shield" it'll cost trillions os Space bucks but will not prevent Brainiac 5 from devising a way to screw up the Trapper's plan.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Perhaps the Univeral Struggle Against Chronal Extremism? [Big Grin]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
(I'm hoping that extremism babble will have less staying power than the Iron Curtain did.)

Maybe there could be several chronal curtains - one for the future and one for the past, or one for each version of the Legion, so they don't get to meet each other.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

the religious right of time.

oooooo sorry to everyone i offended

how about the bleading hearts of time.
[Stormboy II]

SiliconDream
I'd rather not be

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiliconDream   Email SiliconDream         Edit/Delete Post     
The Free Speech Zone of Time? The Illegal Combatant Detention Facility of Time?
From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
How about the Waste of Time? It could be about a desolate plain somewhere in the far, far future where...oh, wait, that's already been done hasn't it...except for the name, of course. [Frown] Drats!

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

The Rift In Time?
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.