Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Homosexual comic characters promote kissing! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Homosexual comic characters promote kissing!
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Is it any coincidence that those Legionnaires seen using the Big Computer to have their little kissing contest are the following:

Element Lad
Light Lass
Shrinking Violet
Invisible Kid
Chameleon Boy (Mr. Ambiguous gender himself)
Duo Damsel (I know you've all had the thought...)

I think not!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Poppin' portents!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Are you implying that gay characters were forced to act straight in public by the Adventure Legion's "Don't Ask, Don't Tell, though we All Know Policy"?
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I'm implying that gay characters are naturally more experimental with physical contact, unlike straight characters who just dance and play Spaceopoly or moon after girls they only knew briefly and whom they haven't heard from for months!

[ August 31, 2005, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting, I cant speak from a deep understanding but for the (rather few, I admit) homosexuals I've known over the years it seems to go from one extreme to the opposite as soon as they understood something.

Sort of a repression, then to a sudden explosion when they have some sort of epiphany. Heteros seem to evolve on a more gradualist learning curve as it were.

So yeah I see what you're saying.

[ August 31, 2005, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: Tamper Lad ]

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Was Northstar the first super-hero to come out of the closet?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mekt Ranzz
singular.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mekt Ranzz           Edit/Delete Post     
where is that computer these days?

[Lightning Lord - Post-Boot]

From: out & about | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
This supports my theory that the Legion was originally written by time travellers who, of course, knew how the future series would turn out.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Ironically enough, that machine existed on Steeple in the post-boot...
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Jillikers! Maybe Fortress Lad turned all those Legionnaires gay, with rays!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

My theory: In retaliation for his recent defeat, COMPUTO left a "gay-izing" program in the kiss-O-meter, dooming the next few users to a life of ambiguous sexuality!

Either that, or gay rays.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

re: the kiss-O-meter scene (LSH ARCHIVES # 5 or ADVENTURE # 342, for those not in the know):

You'll note how Lyle Norg is positively drooling at the mouth at the notion of getting hunky buzzcutted Star Boy involved in the tongue-entwining shenanigans!

Of course, the uber-hetero Thom makes up some lame excuse, stumbling over his words like a nervous Catholic Schoolgirl on a date with a senior: "No--- err, I'll see if the applicants for membership are here yet!"

Then the angst starts a-flying when Lyle sobs, "...Star Boy never seems to have time for romance... with me! *choke!*"
Thank goodness good ol' dependable Luornu was there to console him!

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

Computo was my other theory!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

'Cause Lord knows it would take gay rays or an evil, brainwashing computer program to make a sentient find a sentient of the same sex attractive!

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

But how do we explain Condo?
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.