Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » >>> Final Tally Posted - Favorite Legion Periods - Poll Closed 7/18/03

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: >>> Final Tally Posted - Favorite Legion Periods - Poll Closed 7/18/03
Reep
Resigned

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
FINAL TALLY - 24 VOTES - 7/18/03

Seven choices selected by voters.

1st Place - 71% (17 votes) - Legion Volume 3, 1st Period - 1-16 - Levitz, Giffen, Lightle - Impressive win, impressive percentage of votes. Based on age and hobby duration data gathered in Legion World Census Poll, this period is approximately in the middle of when most members began collecting Legion. Which probably also accounts for some of the high response that the LSV is gathering in a couple of other Poll questions. I think everyone is eagerly awaiting Lightle’s # 24.

2nd - 62% (15) - Legion Volume 2, 2nd Period - 284-313 - Levitz, Broderick, Giffen - Equally impressive for the Period that chronologically preceeded the first place winner. The Great Darkness saga remains fondly remembered by most fans two decades later.

3rd - 38% (9) - Triple Tie, but a big dropoff in percentage. Still, they represent the favorite Periods of each of the other three major Legion eras - the 60s, the 70s, and the 90s.
- Adventure, 3rd Period - 341-360 - Hamilton, Shooter, Swan - Where many Legion legends began.
- Superboy, 1st Period - 184-202 - Bates, Cockrum - Dave get his due respect!
- Legion Volume 4, Single Series Period - 1-38 - Giffen, Bierbaums, Pearson - Giffen gets three outta three (1st, 2nd, 3rd.)

6th - 33% (8) - One out of three members pick these Periods
- Superboy, 3rd Period - SB 225 thru SB/LSH 247 - Levitz, Sherman - Levitz first run, the Earthwar saga
- Legion Volume 3, 2nd Period - 17-50 - Levitz, LaRoque - The Period following the 1st Place winner; Universo Project, Sensor Girl, Time Trapper
- The Legion, 1st Period - 1-18 - Abnett, Lanning, Coipel - Pretty high for the most recently concluded Period, makes the Top Ten.

9th - 29% (7) - Legion Lost Period - V4 122 & L’s 78 thru Legion Worlds 6 (Legion Lost inclusive) -
Abnett, Lanning, Coipel - Notable showing for a bit of a grab bag of titles for DNA’s early Period

10th - 25% (6) - The Legion, 2nd Period - 19-21 - Abnett, Lanning, Batista - The current very brief Period also makes it to the Top Ten, meaning DNA’s three periods snagged the last three positions of the Top Ten.

And the rest...

21% (5) - Legion Volume 3, 3rd Period - 51-63 - Levitz, Giffen - Giffen’s lowest Period

17% (4) - Adventure, 4th Period - 361-372 - Shooter, Swan - Swan’s swansong on Legion

12% (3) - Adventure, 1st Period - Issues 300-320 - Siegal, Hamilton, Forte - You’re all nuts!!! This stuff is what brought the Beatles to America!!! Harumph.

8% (2) - Four-way tie-up just north of Loserville. Use alternate routes.
- Adventure, 2nd Period - 321-340 - Hamilton, Forte
- Superboy, 2nd Period - 203-224 - Bates, Shooter, Grell
- Tales of Legion Period - 314-325 - Levitz, Newell, Shoemaker, Jurgens
- Legion Volume 4 & Legionnaires, 2nd Combined Period - V4 62-84; L’s 19-42 - McCraw, Peyer, Moy, Moder

4% (1) - Crash...
- Action Period - Adventure 373 thru Superboy 183 (Action inclusive) - Shooter, Bates, Mortimer
- Legion Volume 2, 1st Period - SB/LSH 248 thru LSH V2 283 - Conway, Staton, Janes
- Legion Volume 4 & Legionnaires, 1st Combined Period - V4 39-61; L’s 1-18 - Bierbaums, Immomen, Sprouse

0% (0) - And burn... Nobody can spare a vote for the earliest years or most of the reboot.
- Pre-Series Period - Years 1958-1962 - Siegal, Swan, Papp
- Legion Volume 4 & Legionnaires, 3rd Combined Period - V4 85-100; L’s 43-56 - McCraw, Peyer, Stern, Moy, Moder
- Legion Volume 4 & Legionnaires, 4th Combined Period - V4 101-121; L’s 57-77 - McCraw, Peyer, Stern, Moy, Armstrong, Kolins

This concludes our broadcast day.

LLL!

[Chameleon Boy]

[ July 18, 2003, 01:12 AM: Message edited by: Reep ]

Polling is not enabled in this forum. This poll is inactive.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
that was very hard to pick just 5 !!!

i wanted at least 4 more !!!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
All pre-reboot for me...
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the work in dividing up the various eras, Reep -- it's interesting to see where the numbers fall.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm kind of surprised at how the current series is doing.

I'm really enjoying all these polls. [Big Grin]

[Edited to make the post a little vaguer (is that a word?), 'cause Reep's right about not spoiling the results. [Smile] ]

[ July 12, 2003, 02:02 AM: Message edited by: Arachne ]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
I enjoy that people are enjoying my Polls. (I said that in a crowd once and got 30 days in County.)

I guess I should make a request to members to keep commentary on the actual votes to a minimum so to not influence the voting, but to also entice curious lurkers to become members so they can vote and then see the results right after they vote.

That's right! I'm talkin' about you Mr.-or-Mrs. Lurker of Anytown, U.S.A.! Take the plunge and vote before we become right-wing religious dictatorship or a left-wing fashion conspiracy!

If you don't, how can you look your pets in the eye and expect them to respect you in the morning? You'll never make it to the 31st Century until you open the door into the 21st century.

Then, I guess, you'd want to go down the hall, turn left, and take the elevator. Or maybe the stairs. Take the stairs. You really need the exercise. Never met a pizza you didn't like did you?

Well, that's just what voting's like! Except without the ingredients or crust. Or the box. Save a tree.

[Chameleon Boy]

Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
My only disagreement with the list of Legion eras, otherwise quite useful and well-divided, would be that "Tales of Legion Period - 314-325" and "Legion Volume 3, 1st Period - 1-16" ought to have been one era or selection.

These two series appeared simultaneously, one each per month (through "LSH" v3 n12). They were interwoven in plot developments and chronology, and the 12 original "Tales" issues didn't all precede those beginning "LSH" v3. Single panels in those 12 "Tales" would allude to larger events in "LSH" v3 (or vice versa), in the frequent many-stories-advanced-at-once Levitz pattern.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
I really don't recall much interaction between the two series even though the were concurrent. I guess I've always considered the end of #325 where some Legionnaires actually advise the readers of the upcoming reprints of V3 as determinant for me. There's always been a sense to me of V3 following Tales LSH.

I've just never viewed them as integrated as one Period. But it's a close call. If someone else had done this Poll and combined them, I wouldn't have any problem with it.

[Chameleon Boy]

Reep
Resigned

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
Bumping to top
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Another good one. Thanks, Reep.

I guess I should have voted for the Pre-Series Period - Years 1958-1962 - Siegal, Swan, Papp as it is one of my favorites. I wish I could remember who I did pick.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.