Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » >>> Final Tally Posted - The Wish List - Polls Closed 07/25/03

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: >>> Final Tally Posted - The Wish List - Polls Closed 07/25/03
Reep
Resigned

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
FINAL TALLY - 27 Votes - Poll Closed 07/25/03

THE WISH LIST - 10 choices

1st - 56% (15) - A Tie!

An animated Legion TV series --- Even though 81% in a prior Poll said they thought there would never be a Legion (live action) movie, an animated Legion movie is uppermost among the membership’s wishes. Perhaps that one Legion episode of the Animated Superman really made a lasting impact. I think this popular desire needs some further elaboration in a separate topic by those who feel strongly about it.

Jim Shooter’s “Last Legion Story” published --- In another prior Poll, this was a separate question and it received a phenomenal 100% positive response. And here, stacked up against 49 other choices, it again resonates strongly with the members, and I doubt these are just Silver Age fans. I would think this needs another an updated discussion topic.

3rd - 48% (13)

DNA staying on as writers for at least 1-2 more years --- A big endorsement for the writing team, especially considering that the presented alternative of “a new writer on Legion” received ZERO votes. Of the top seven wishes here, this is the only to keep something as it is, rather than add something new.

Return of The Legion of Super-Villains --- Another possibility that has elicited strong positive response in prior Polling. Of all the possible returning characters & situations I presented in this Poll, and there were many, this is the highest voted. And like I reminded in the last Poll, it’s been 20 years since the LSV’s last appearance. One wonders if they do return, if it would become a big comic event, not just Legion event. I think that would be a worthwhile aspect for TPTB to consider - a “built-in” marketing gimmick: “the big comeback.”

5th - 41% (11)

An Espionage Squad mini-series --- Still another past Poll pleaser. Highest scoring of the possible new series options presented. Most likely Invisible Kid’s popularity contributes to it’s strength.

Paul Levitz writing some Legion stories --- 2 in 5 members would like to see the Legion scribe of the 70s and 80s do some more work on the team. I bet he wouldn’t need a whole lot of convincing to do a miniseries. I’m sure his boss will greenlight it [Big Grin]

Sun Boy joining the Legion --- Higher than Element Lad or Live Wire’s return, people seem more often to be noting his absence in the postboot Legion. He already exists postboot, so he might still yet get on the team.

8th - 37% (10)

Chris Batista to stay on as artist at least 1-2 years --- With all the possible wishes presented, and after only three issues by him, this is healthy support shown for the new guy to stay on.

Return of Element Lad --- Beats desire for Live Wire’s return. Perhaps part of it is to see him “healed” of the Progenitor identity, not to have him go out as a villain.

Other preboot Legionnaires not seen yet or much to join Legion --- A high response for missing Legionnaires to be rebooted. Voters may have had different Legionnaires in mind, but still strong sentiment for older characters to come back.

11th - 33% (9)

Second book solely with stories spotlighting individual Legionnaires --- Highest option on a second book possibility, notably chosen over the prior two-book arrangement of LSH & L’s primarily interconnected team stories.

Legion Lost TPB --- An often made request gathers 1 in 3 in this wish list. On a personal note, my observation as a recent seller of Legion comics is that Legion Lost issues were much more solid sellers compared to the rather mediocre demand & price for all Legion issues going back to mid Superboy issues, (late 70s.) There are some exceptions of course, but people were looking for LL issues. IMO, if there’s one Legion story that has demand potential for TPB, it’s clearly LL.

30% (8)

Second book with stories reviving preboot Legion eras --- A notable showing for returning Legion eras, despite the ups and down of DCs Elseworlds and Hypertime approachs.

A new Legion Annual --- Of all wishes thus far, this may be the most likely to occur. It’s been awhile since the last one, and it might give a boost to the regular series, especially if the annuals are interconnected so DC can use other DCU characters to other books.

26% (7) - 1 in 4 voted for these. Four here are wishes for characters to return, while two are new
characters and romances.

More new Legionnaires joining the team; Return of the Legion of Substitute-Heroes (as at least semi-regulars); Return of the Legion Academy; Return of Live Wire; Return of The Time Trapper; New Legion romances

22% (6) - Return of a Legion Letter column; A new Legion Leader (not much desire if there’s supposedly a strong dislike for KQ 2.)

19% (5) - A Legion of Substitutes comedy special; The Legion Archives to continue with yearly collections; More Legion statues & posable figures; More coverage of my favorite Legionnaires

15% (4) - TPBs of other classic Legion stories; Alex Ross doing another Legion painting (with the raves that the painting gets for Legion fans, I would have thought this rank higher.); Return of other preboot villains

11% (3) - Second Legion book with stories continuing from the first book; Second book with separate team stories of the Legion; New villains; More Legion multi-part epics - Low responses for slightly related ideas

7% (2) - Not really much enthusiasm for these possibilities

Three monthly Legion books; A Legion “swimsuit” issue; Crossover mini-series of Legion with Marvel’s Imperial Guard; The Legion Archives to continue with twice yearly collections; Legion trading cards, Hero Clix, etc; Renewal of some preboot Legion romances; A new Legion marriage

It’s interesting to see below what basically got no support: a Superboy back in the Legion (although rumor is that a possibility in the future,) a new writer or artist for the book, or meeting other DCU characters.

4% (1) - A new Legion artist; Superboy (Kal-el) joining the Legion

0% (0) - A new Legion writer; “Retire” some current Legionnaires; Fewer Legionnaires overall; Superboy (Kon-el joining the Legion; Guest appearances by Legion in other DC comics; Guest appearances of other DCU characters in Legion; Less Legion multi-part epics; More Legion origin stories

Thanks as always for voting.

I thought this Poll was one of the more fun ones and allowed us a peek at some predominant desires for the series and the team. I admit the main omission form the Wish List was the possibility of a return of Superboy’s Legion by Farmer and Davis. This did not occur to me until I saw a post by Rhino discussing this. If I do a follow up to this Poll (possibly with just the top voted 10-20 wishes) I’ll include SL as a choice. I’d like to do more Polls like this one, but it’s hard to gather “wishes” and especially those that might resonate with most of the membership.

Thanks again!

[Chameleon Boy]

[ July 25, 2003, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Reep ]

Polling is not enabled in this forum. This poll is inactive.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
I won't say what it is, but after 5 votes we already have a somewhat surprising 100% vote-getter!

We'll see if it holds up.

[Chameleon Boy]

the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
it's very hard to pick, only 10 !!!

so what was the 100% winner ??? it's not there now ....

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
It faded fast. Currently it sits at 47% (7 votes.) At the current level of 15 votes, it is the third 47% score from the bottom. I don't want to identify it specifically before members view the voting list.

[Chameleon Boy]

Reep
Resigned

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
Bumping up.

[Chameleon Boy]

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
BAMFing this back up since I unfeatured it.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.