Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » >>>Final Tally Posted - Preboot Romances Rebooted -Poll Closed 7/28/03

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: >>>Final Tally Posted - Preboot Romances Rebooted -Poll Closed 7/28/03
Reep
Resigned

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
FINAL TALLY - 15 votes - Poll Closed 7/28/03

Three Choices

Overall, not much interest in this Poll or apparently in reviving many of these preboot romances.

53% (8) Rokk & Lydda

40% (6) Ayla & Violet

27% (4 )Tasmia & Brainy; Lar & Tasmia

20% (3) Ayla & Brin; Luornu & Superboy; Chuck & Luornu

13% (2) Val & Jeka; Drake & Shikari

7% (1) Violet & Duplicate Boy; Tenzil & Violet; Lyle & Mysa; Imra & Brin

0% (0) Emerald Empress & Superboy

[ July 28, 2003, 02:12 AM: Message edited by: Reep ]

Polling is not enabled in this forum. This poll is inactive.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow. I want to vote in this poll, but in that entire list, there are not three romances I want to see rebooted. I guess i think they should all move on to new things.

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I voted for the three I kinda minded the least, but yeah for the most part I don't need to see these couples again -- except Wildfire / Shikari which wouldn't be the same in my mind (don't let Greybird see this poll!). I would be kinda interested in:
-- Timberwolf - Umbra
-- Kid Q - Cosmic Boy OR
-- Spark - Cosmic Boy for the sheer "Melrose Place" of it (but only if Garth returns [Wink] )
-- M'onel - Dawnstar as some space chick Lar runs into, she wouldn't necessarily be a Legionnaire at first (or even at all). As much as I loved Drake / Dawny, I still think it'd be an interesting idea.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd like to do a Poll on possible new romances, but it seems to be an impossible number of combinations and it would tire the voter's interest.

But a way around it just occurred to me! Maybe I'll write it up in a few days.

Still, everybody vote in this on!

[Chameleon Boy]

Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
I only voted for Ayla and Violet. The others were already explored fully (some even too fully), and I'd rather not have Superboy returning at all (though we're getting him anyway, it seems). And as for ...

[DrakeB3003]
{[...] except Wildfire / Shikari which wouldn't be the same in my mind (don't let Greybird see this poll!).}

Too late {g} ... anyway, I don't have the same degree of objection to an "approximation" like this as I do to simply assuming (and wrongly so, I contend) that Shikari is a rebooted Dawnstar.

Wildfire is unique, as is Shikari. It could be an intriguing combination. It would still be platonic, though, and I don't think that would fly today with the fanboys.

{[...] M'onel - Dawnstar as some space chick Lar runs into, she wouldn't necessarily be a Legionnaire at first (or even at all).}

Indeed. That's probably how our Starhavenite will return, if she ever does.

{As much as I loved Drake / Dawny, I still think it'd be an interesting idea.}

So do I!

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Lyle and Mysa? I don't remember that one.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
BAMFing Reep's poll back up before the end. Vote, if you haven't already.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks! Out of all those, the only one I went with was Chuck and Lu. I don't recall Lyle & Mysa either, though it sounds intriguing.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Mysa was the ghost in fell in love with when he was killed in SB 203.

[Chameleon Boy]

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

That was her name?

I was confusing her with the White Witch, then.

--------------------

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Now you've got me doubting my memory. I don't have the issue anymore to check, but I'm pretty sure that was it.
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
OH!

Sorry, Reep. But the ghost girl's name was Myla!

Reep
Resigned

No, we're both wrong, but you're closer then me.

It was Mylar! [Razz]

No wonder nobody woted in this Poll! [Big Grin] [Frown]

[Chameleon Boy]

(I can put four more of my lil buddies in post, so I'll go for the babes: [Embarrassed] [Saturn Girl] [Triplicate Girl] [Roll Eyes] )

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by Reep:

It was Mylar! [Razz]

Well, she did manage to bag poor Lyle....

[Invisible Kid]

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.