Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Legion Archives Suppliment

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Legion Archives Suppliment
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Would you support, with you hard earned dollars, a Legion Archives Suppliment reprinting minor Legion appearances not thus far reprinted in the Legion Archives series?

Polling is not enabled in this forum. This poll is inactive.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Good question, especially considering the online discussions about whether or not the KARATE KID series belonged in the Archives.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KOKO
KOKO! KOKO! KOKO!!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KOKO           Edit/Delete Post     
KOKO!

--------------------
KOKO! KOKO!

From: Interplanetary Zoo | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kid chaos

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kid chaos   Author's Homepage   Email kid chaos         Edit/Delete Post     
Which minor Legion appearances have we missed thus far?
I remember I was upset that we never saw the LOIS LANE story with all the girl legionnaires in it.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by braalian:
Which minor Legion appearances have we missed thus far?
I remember I was upset that we never saw the LOIS LANE story with all the girl legionnaires in it.

Not counting Elastic Lad appearances, "twice-told tales," super AR items, and Mon-El saves the day from the Phantom Zone stories, here are some of the more significant stories I would like to see:

(NOTE: To my mind these are deserving of Archive treatment as some of the earliest appearances of these characters which few fans have)

SUPERMAN (vol.1) 149 11/61 "The Death of Superman!"
(LSH cameo at funeral of Superman)

SUPERBOY (vol.1) 93 12/61 "Lana Lang's Superboy Identity Detection Kit!"
(Superboy finds a new way to foil Lana Lang's latest attempt to uncover his secret identity with the help of Chameleon Boy.)

ACTION COMICS 285 2/62 "The World's Greatest Heroine!"
(minor LSH app. in Part II "The Infinite Monster!")

SUPERMAN (vol.1) 152 4/62 "The Robot Master!"
(Superman is plagued by robot versions of his closest friends. Early Legion appearance in a crucual plot role.)

ACTION COMICS 290 7/62 "Supergirl's Super Boyfriends!"
(Legion statuettes, minor Phantom Girl app.)

SUPERMAN (vol.1) 155 8/62 "The Downfall of Superman!"
(adult Legionnaires in disguise)

SUPERBOY (vol.1) 100 10/62 "The Day Pete Ross Became a Robot!"
(minor LSH app.)

SUPERMAN (vol.1) 156 10/62 "The Last Days of Superman!"
(Super-Heroes pay tribute to Superman as he lays dieing from exposure to Virus X. Legion appearance in a critical plot role. Reprinted many times, but well worth reprinting again in a Legion specific book.)

SUPERMAN (vol.1) 157 11/62 "The Super-Revenge of the Phantom Zone Prisoner!"
(Mon-El cameo)
2nd story "Superman's Day of Doom!"
(Lightning Lad & Cosmic Boy cameo)

ADVENTURE COMICS 305 2/63 "Clark Kent, He-Man!"
(app. Chameleon Boy in Superboy solo story)

ACTION COMICS 298 3/63 "The Super-Powers of Lex Luthor!"
(LSH cameo)

ADVENTURE COMICS 309 6/63 "The Fake Superboy from Krypton!"
(Appearnace of Brainiac 5 in Superboy solo story)

SUPERMAN (vol.1) 162 7/63 "The Amazing Story of Superman-Red and Superman-Blue!"
(LSH cameo)

SUPERMAN'S PAL, JIMMY OLSEN 70 7/63 "The Secret of Silver Kryptonite!"
(Appearance Element Lad)

SUPERMAN (vol.1) 165 11/63 "Beauty and the Super-Beast!"
(app. Saturn Woman and Proty IIl)

ACTION COMICS 307 12/63 "Supergirl's Wedding Day!"
(app. Saturn Girl)

ADVENTURE COMICS 315 12/63 "The Titanic Boy of Steel!"
(app. Colossal Boy in Superboy solo story)

SUPERMAN'S PAL, JIMMY OLSEN 73 12/63 "Jimmy Inter-Dimensional Romance!"
(Ultra Boy cameo)

[ August 09, 2003, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: Portfolio Boy ]

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.