Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lightning Saga Legion in Action! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Only one of the comic news sites, CBR, carried the one bit of Legion news to come out of day one at the Heroes Convention in Charlotte, NC today. During the DC Nation panel Dan DiDio had this to say when asked if there any plans for the 50th anniversary of the Legion of Super Heroes coming next year:

quote:
DiDio confirmed there were plans for the Legion next year, and also that the Legion characters currently appearing in the "Lightning Saga" storyline in "JLA" and "JSA" will be making an appearance in "Action Comics" soon.
I just wish they'd hurry up and tell us where the major celebration is happening. I can't imagine it would be anywhere but SDCC but you never know.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
isn't next year the Legion's 50th?

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Yep. And that's what it says above.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
all right! at least they're not teasing-and-abandoning us with JLA/JSA.

The more I think on it, reintro-ing young Clark's LSH history has to have reasonably permanent implications.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50803

I don't know if any of you have seen this yet and i oculdn't find anything in here about it, but look at Geoff Johns' post about halfway down the first page...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
SPOILER SPECULATION

So, is it a mini detailing the new Supes/LSH history or what?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
pleeeeease . . . pretty please

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but it seems to me that DC is at least tinkering with the notion of managing and expanding the Legion brand-name, instead of letting lapse into obscurity. I don't think it just the upcoming 50th anniversary.

They must look at Marvel's success with the <insert adjective here> X-<insert noun here> strategy and wonder what properties they have that they could expand with similar success.

JLA/JSA/Titans/the Legion is a pretty awesome inventory. Surely DC can come up with a strategy for developing all four brand-names without cannibalizing their own sales. (Well, maybe not.)

I'm curious to see how the WaK Legion and the 2007 JLA/JSA crossover Legion fit in the multiverse. Maybe 2008 will bring us a Legion/Legion crossover. : )

[ June 21, 2007, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: Lad Boy ]

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

This could be anything from a new series to a mini to just the announced appearance of this Legion in Action Comics. Any way, though, I'd be happy to see more of them.

And if DC doesn't cash in on the Legion's 50th anniversary they are idiots. Michael just posted a reminder out over in the Omnicom that the Legion is the first super-powered team of the Silver Age. They predate everyone. They need to have a media blitz to the point where we're all sick of the Legion. [Wink]

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mattropolis:
http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50803

I don't know if any of you have seen this yet and i oculdn't find anything in here about it, but look at Geoff Johns' post about halfway down the first page...

Heh, that was me who started that thread! Yes it worked! Somebody has to give DC a kick in the pants! Maybe we should all email them about the Legion's 50th! Legion Worlders Unite! Assemble! Um, transform?
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Ah,

YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES

I'll buy 5 issues every month to support the thing.

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
So, uh, is anyone else checking Newsarama every five minutes? [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Crujectra of Psyonia:

Post a link when it come up. Thanks! [Smile]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Crujectra of Psyonia:

that'd be kind of sadly obsessive wouldn't it? Uh . . .gotta run, back in a minute.
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
You guys realize Newsarama has a "Meta Refresh" tag and reloads automatically every few minutes without your intervention, don't you? [tease]
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Yeah but I think we are jumping the gun. Depending on the time Geoff posted that we may be waiting on a Friday article.
  This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.