Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » the ALL-Shirtless Legionnaires thread! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: the ALL-Shirtless Legionnaires thread!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
If it were an appearance-count contest, reboot Sensor and DnA-era Zoe would win.

Grell-era Cos was semishirtless.

I could be mistaken, but I seem to recall a shirtless Lyle Norg appearing in the OUTLAWED LEGION story.

I want to go through my entire LSH collection and do an abs tally!

Who appeared shirtless first? Who had the best chest? Who has NEVER bared their manbreasts?

(Of course, EVERYONE was shirtless-- and pantsless-- in 5YL LSH # 25!)

I'll have to get started on this, SOON.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Leapin' jeepers... scanning LSH ARCHIVES Vol 1, I was about to give up, but then...

LIGHTNING LAD and SUN BOY share the honors for being first shirtless Legionnaires!

They appear sans shirts in "THE FANTASTIC SPY" (Adv 303), second page. Unfortunately, they must be a tad chilly because their hospital bedcovers are pulled way up, totally hampering nip action. Shucks!

Of note: there's also some boy-leg action. Like many young redheads, both seem super-smooth all over!

Also, Superboy and Ultra Boy do their best Pete Ross impressions by using their vision owers to check out, like, EVERYone!

And that's it for Archive 1, since I'm not counting ancient dudes in togas in the past or Cupid.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

LSH ARCHIVES Vol. 2....

Why, there's Elastic Lad Jimmy Olsen himself ("The World of Doomed Olsens", Jimmy Olsen # 72) , all shirtless and doing a Porcupine Pete impression... what's the deal with all these shirtless redheads? Not that I'm complaining, mind you! Jimmy's a lot buffer than I would have figured.

And THERE'S why... it's actually COSMIC BOY disguised as porcupine-Jimmy! The panel shows him lifting the Jimmy mask over his head, and the way it's inked, it looks like Cos is sporting quite a bit of underarm hair... could this be a comics first? Great Space!

And that's it for volume 2!

--------------------

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
I remmy seeing Giffen drawing a lot of male legionnaires rip torn and showing hairy chests...Mon-El and Lightning Lad come to mind. Brin Londo of course showed hairy chest the most.

Chemical King and Ferro Lad were the only male legionnaires who never were shirtless, easily.

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

ARCHIVE Vol. 3: Things got conservative. No shirtless action, although Timber Wolf does appear wearing a club-kid twink tank top in his debut story.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

ARCHIVE vol 4:

Superboy and Mon-El appear in ripped costume on the cover of ADV # 339 (and in the story too), but no rippage of Captain Kirk proportions.

And that's it. Yawn!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Vol. 5...

The Weirdo Legionnaire's costume does not involve a shirt! Weird! (ADV # 341)

And that's it!

--------------------

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
that's it?!? thought that it was up to Volume 13?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, looks like the censors cracked down on the Legion after the early shirtless escapades [Wink]

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Wasn't Val shirtless and sweaty after sparring with Superboy?
Or is that just me...?

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I promise to peruse ARCHIVES 6-and on soon for more shirtless pics! It's me duty and pleasure to do so!

--------------------

superboymddjr
Quiet member

I will hold you to that! heh.... [Wink]
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
For you fans of shirtless Legionnaires, an interesting link was posted over on the Omnicom blog. Read all about it:

HERE

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
shirtless!
From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I totally do not remember this thread.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.