Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » The ALL-Iris Jacobs thread! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The ALL-Iris Jacobs thread!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
 -

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
BOOB WINDOW!!!!
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Cobie asked for it, he got it...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Iris would have done anything to snare Val's attention.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
If only the boob window existed in the 70's! Iris could have used it to ensnare Val!

Look how groovy and hot Lash made her!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
How did she think she could ever compete with Jeckie??

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Iris Jacobs theme song?

--------------------

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
We totally need Sketch Lad's input on this thread!

I'm extremely flattered!

Well, let's take a look....

This is a short basic outline (SBO) with bangs. Because of the less activated flip at the ends, I'd say she airwaves for that style instead of using rollers, pincurls or a curling iron. She must use a cushion or paddle brush. Obvously, a firm hold spray to keep that flip up.

As for the bangs, I can't tell from the picture if that is her natural fall or if she makes them do that. Assuming she styles them that way, it must be with mousse or gel while wet, clipped in place, then allowed to air dry (probably overnight). If she clipped them properly, it would just require a simple release & comb-out with a touch of hairspray dor hold. Easy!

Now, the bump on top of her hed is a total mystery to me. I'd need to see more pictures of it in order to figure out how she did it. The thing is, it doesn't have distinct borders, it's a more organic shape. Hmmmm... let me get back to that.

Her color is a definite level 8 with LOTS of red with a touch of red-orange. In the picture posted, it looks like she has some irregular gold highlights, put it must be a P'rn'tnng Er'rr. The red color is extremely high maintenance. Did you know that if she lets her new growth (we don't use the term "roots") get to be longer than 1/2", she'll need both a warm zone AND a cool zone touch up. That takes Forever and it's very difficult, plus more expensive. She really needs to ge into the salon every 4 weeks, depending on how fast her hair grows.

I'm sure it's also obvious to everyone that she has to avoid swimming pools and hot tubs. Also, bright sunlight. She should use color support shampoo and conditioner. She should only shampoo once or twice a week max. Some people can't stand that.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Iris wore a Bumpit!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I love your post Sketch Lad! My 'short back and sides' seems so easy now compared to what poor Iris has to go through!
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't believe it, I actually have that comic shown upthread! I used to buy Karate Kid, and I remember Diamondeth, but I'd forgotten that her real name was Iris Jacobs.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I've got it too, Set!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Na na na na na na na na na na na na

I-RIS!

-

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH's *glare*:
 -

I don't really see what the problem is here.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... if I actually had any interest in Legion Lost, I'd suggest that it would be cool for IJ to show up there.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.