Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Mysterious Ways (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Mysterious Ways
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm looking forward to reading the final chapter!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Zoey kept telling herself to follow the alert. Anytime she broke concentration even the slightest, she started to sink in the air.

But it was a thrill to fly!

"yes," she thought. "I am going to be a Legionnaire!"

She let the ring guid her to a clear area. She could see a large hole in the ground. She tried to land gracefully, but unfortunately was unable to keep herself from stumbling as she fell. She resolved to do better next time. She went into the crater, excited at what she might find there.

Chameleon Boy awoke painfully. Every part of his body hurt. He looked around the room. HE saw the League of Assassins gathered around him. IF the Legionnaires didn't get there soon, he was done for.

"Let's get this over with, kill him now, Titania!" Lazon was impatient. He wanted to kill all the Legionnaires, the sooner this one was dead, the sooner they could move on to the next one. The benefactor would be pleased!

Suddenly, the table that the Assassins had been sitting around came to life! It surrounded Titania, engulfing her in it's metallic form. Her muffled screams were more anger than pain, he thought. She was trapped! Then Neutron's chair started to move as well, pummeling him into unconsciousness.

Zoey could barely contain her excitement. She had incapacitated two members of the League of Assassins! Who should she target next, she wondered. She had decided upon the Silver SLasher when the blonde woman pointed in her direction.

"Our intruder is over there!" Soon she found herslef surrounded. She gulped.

"Kill her, Mentalla!" Said Mist Master!

"There will be no more killing!" Zoey looked to see the source. THe Legion was here!

The battle itself was short. The Legionnaires fought hard. They were angry. The League of Assassins simply had no chance.

Blok arrived in time to knock out the newly freed Titania. As the Villians were taken away by the Science Police, introductions were made.

"I'm Zoey Saugin, but you can call me Kinetix."
"Thank you, Zoey. I belive you have something of ours?" Dream Girl said.
She couldn't understand what Dream Girl meant until she looked at her hand. She was still wearing Sun Boy's flight ring!
"Oh, I'm sorry." She took off the ring and handed it to Star Boy.
"Why don't we see about getting you one of your own?"
"You mean?"
"Yes, I want you to become a Legionnaire?"
"Nura, you can't just choose her! We have to vote!" Thom shook his head at his girlfriend.
"Silly! DO you think I would have made the offer if I hadn't already forseen the Legion voting her in as our newest member!"
"Wow. I-I would love to be a Legionnaire!"
"Good, dear. I'm sure you do us all proud!"
"Jeckie, I saw something else too."
"What was it?"
"You are staying with the Legion?"
Projectra sighed. This was the moment she had been dreading.
"Yes. My people want me to do penance for all the trouble I brought to Orando. They also increased my powers."
"I have an idea, then." Nura said mischieviously.
"Your powers work better if no one knows they are illusions. Why don't you take another identity."
"Like what?"
"How about Sensor Girl?"
"It sounds right, somehow. Very well, Sensor Girl it is!"

The Legionnaires returned home.

Epilogue

The Espionage Squad debriefing was short. There was only one detail left.

"Didn't Projectra's vision talk of three more dying?"

"I wondered about that too, unless they meant Brainy."

"I don't think so," Violet answered. "I'm not sure this is over yet. Who was the Assassins benefactor?"

Garth Ranzz was walking around his parents farm on Winath. He had lost his wife and in turn, lost his will to fight. He decided to leave the Legion, effective immediately. He sent a communication that he would not be returning to Element Lad.

He didn't know what hewould do next and that was just as well. For now, he would do nothing but wander the stars. He couldn't stay on WInath either, he didn't want everyone fawning over him like a sick puppy.

His reverie was interrupted by a shar blow to his head. He fell to the floor, barely conscious. A figure moved closer to him, who was it?

"So, Garth. How does it feel to lose your wife?"
Said the all too familiar voice of Mekt Ranzz, Lightning Lord. But he looked different, his hair no longer white.

"Shut up, you bastard!" Garth was weak and could barely stay conscious.

"Is that any way to speak to your older brother, Garth?" Electricity sprung from his hands at Garth, shocking him. There was no turning back now, death was quickly approaching.

"It was so easy to set up those Assassin fools to kill your wife! The others were a welcome bonus, but I wanted to break you before I came to you, before I finally take my revenge and kill you!"

"Just leave Ayla alone..." With those final words, Garth Ranzz died.

"Don't worry, dear boy. I have no intention of hurting our beloved sister. Yet..." Mekt used his powers once more, leaving nothing left of Garth but ash that was already scattering in the wind.

"Zymyr, please take me back to Earth. I grow tired of this planet. Take me back to earth so that I may rejoin my friends in the Legion." The face that Mekt Ranzz now sported was that of his brother Garth.

The end...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
You twisted bastard! [Wink]

Okay I did not expect that ending. Very good Danny B. And you better not leave that hanging for long. I want to be revenged!

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:

Okay I did not expect that ending. Very good Danny B. And you better not leave that hanging for long. I want to be revenged!

I know, I know. I almost delayed putting this up since you were so nice to me today!

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Blaine:
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:

I know, I know. I almost delayed putting this up since you were so nice to me today!
That's okay. I'm just glad I found it tonight. I wasn't going to read much here and try to relax but that was worth checking in for.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Now that it's done, I think I'm going to clean it up and put it all together.

There are some scenes I want to exapnd on and I would like to get around to really fleshing out the battle scenes.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice twist, like a bolt out of the blue....but of course Garth isn't really dead, is he?

Mysterious Ways, the Sequel...

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Hmmmmm.

Bolt out of the blue...

I've heard that somewhere before...

Maybe that's what Ill name the next arc..

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Eryk Davis Ester

That's great! Though I would have expected Blok to have more of a role...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

That's interesting. I had originally thought about him dying against Titania.

But then I came up with this Lightning Lord thing..

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Eryk Davis Ester

Actually, I was half expecting Blok to turn out to be the "benefactor"...
Mattropolis

For the most part, I'm happy with the overall story. Some chapters feel like I rushed through them, especially the final chapter.

I am the most happy with Dream Girl, Projectra, Star Boy and Kinetix.

Chameleon didn't really come to life for me as I was fitting him to the role rather than the role to him.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
An imaginative ride, and I salute your creativity. You brought in a notable number of Legionnaires in an effective manner, as well.

I guess my only difficulty is in seeing so many of the Legionnaires die. A sore spot with me, ever since Roxxas ripped up Blok (under TMK). Putting forth the last and most personal quality, life itself, in battle -- even when it's hard to see the logic about "having to do so," as with Magnetic Kid -- is one thing. Not having a genuine battle for massive stakes, or not seeing why that life is demanded, or seeing so many of them being demanded, is quite another.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
This is very good, Danny. The suspense is killing me (not unlike poor Dirk. *SOB!*).

One minor nitpick (the minor ones always stand out to me, unfortunately): Jacques' name has an "s" on the end of it.

[ July 29, 2003, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: He Who Wanders ]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
[GASP] How could you!! [Eek!]

What a way to end the story. I really hope your planning to revisit this universe.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.