Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Image Wish List

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Image Wish List
Reep
Resigned

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm enjoying viewing the art in this forum. I don't have the tech capacity to contribute, but I'd like to create this topic for people to make requests or throw out ideas for those who seem to enjoy posting all the great Legion images.

My personal choices for image posting topics:

Females Legionnaires - photomanips, but also favorite panels & drawings of the Legion ladies.

Major Legion Artists - in particular Swan, displaying posters' favorite scenes, pages, covers & portraits.

Some other ideas:

Origin Story scenes - key scenes of L's gaining powers, etc

Team scenes - I mentioned this last week on the trivia topic, all the covers & scenes with 20+ L's, sort of like "team pictures" of different eras. I'll mention two excellent ones that would work here or with the Swan topic - the covers to Legion Index 1 & 2. I forget the publisher (ICG?,) but they're those silver age Adventure indexes. The covers are just fantastic. #1 has a cover by Swan of only the pre-series L's, everybody who was an L before Adventure 300, striking a "posing for a group picture" look outside the rocketship clubhouse. I don't think Swan ever did any other group shot of the pre-series L's; maybe no one else has, or at least none were published. Fans should see this cover.

#2 has all the L's up until Dream Girl's appearance seated around an odd shapped meeting table, with everyone clearly visible and looking at the viewer. It is as equally a marvelous and rare Legion scene as # 1's cover. It's only drawback is that there's nothing at the center of this big table and attention is sort of directed to this blank spot, but still, this group shot is quite remarkable. You'll know when you see this one too.

Other ideas are obvious...

Wackiest characters - or maybe just an all applicants topic
Great Villains - or forgotten one-shot baddies like Meglara (sp? Adv 303) and Sunwoman. Remember that incredible splash page to chapter 2 of Adv 315 with Night Girl and Sunwoman locked in a death grip?! Hubba. And hubba. Speaking of which..

Legion's sexiest scenes - even Forte's romantic panels could get a little steamy.

Finally: Great Portraits of Legionnaires - this is one I've thought about a long time and should have been done a long time ago on the web. Just basically the best Legion portraiture, what people consider the best or just great visualization of a particular Legionnaire's face that they recall or might come across in rereadings.

Examples: I think perhaps the best portrait of Cham was done by Starlin & Rubinstein in SB/LSH 239. I don't have it handy right now, but you'll know it when you see it. It's around middle of the book I believe. Everyone should take a look at that to see what I'm talking about when I say great Legion portraits. Other obvious examples are Adam Hughes' dead-on talented depictions of the L's in Legionnaires #7. Again review this book for some of the best Legion portraiture. But every major Legion artist has done at least a few such top notch portraits. It would be great to start to bring these together in one remarkable topic.

Even members without imageing capability could contribute with offering what key panels they recall or come across them.

Well, I don't know if anybody's interested, but I'm just pointing out that there are great possibilities out there and a very rich visual history to draw upon. You just have establish suitable and intriquing topics that draw members to contribute info and images.

Here's hoping some of you consider and try a few of these.

[Chameleon Boy]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll note that imaging on this message board depends on your having a place to host them, whether you've obtained them from others' scans or postings or from your own scans.

It also calls for the hosting space to allow "remote linking," where an image can be made to display on a message-board page such as this by simply using a link. Here, with the IMG tag. (See the Instant Code button on the posting screen.)

Most ISP customers have some such Webspace thrown in as part of their monthly access fee. Unfortunately, sites such as Yahoo! Groups or Fortune City rarely allow such hosting and linking -- you have to visit their sites to view personal image files, or be a member in some other manner.

Scott (Lightning Lad) has very generously offered such hosting space for those wanting to post images, and is already doing so for Nightcrawler's Legion smilies.

Another possibility that you can control directly is what has appeared to be an underused offering at Netscape, usable in any browser. You can get 20 MB of space at MyWebpage that allows remote linking, file folders, file management, and uploads of up to 1 MB of files at once.

(You don't have to use their Webpage-creation function, although any HTML pages you upload will display with a Netscape header and ad banner.)

Those currently using AOL, AIM, or CompuServe will have a "screen name" that allows access to individual Web space at this service. For others, applying for a "screen name" is easy to do and requires little personal information.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Count me as another that has NO skill, but lots of wishes.

I'd like to see some of the artists recreate some of the famous scenes.

My favorite scene is the induction of Ferro Lad, KK, Projectra, and Nemesis Kid.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
 -
From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeh! That one's in a lot better shape than my copy.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.