Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Who is Arthur Adams? (regarding an eBay auction) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Who is Arthur Adams? (regarding an eBay auction)
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, it's almost a shame that things got so sidetracked into all that X-Babies stuff because it seemed to peg Adams as the guy who only did the funny stuff. Looking at things now, it's hard to believe that the X-Men ever had such a whimsical era. Maybe that'd be a good idea for the movie series? No? Well, just a thought.

Oh, I just remembered that Adams also did the Mordru entry for the "loose leaf" Who's Who too didn't he?

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I absolutely loved Art's X-Men annuals. The New Mutants one, where they were transported to Asgard, was breathtakingly beautiful! And I loved his Longshot mini. No one ever drew Longshot as well, in my opinion.

I kind of think of him as a cross between Liefield and Lee, with Lee's attention to detail, and Rob's overly long legs [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Longshot was one of my favorite X-Men back in the day. But Mojo was quite annoying. And I remember that Asgardian annual as well. His art was perfect for that and I always wondered what would have happened if he were to have drawn Thor for awhile.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
That New Mutants special he did in Asgard was the firts time I saw an artist put "easter eggs" in his work -- I remember Kermit the Frog and Mr. Bill (among others) in the background.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Some of his more recent works include the "Monkeyman and O'Brien" backups that featured in early issues of Hellboy, I believe.

He's a self-confessed monkey fan - he also did the covers for DC's JLApe (sigh) crossover of a few years back.

Wayne@OZ [Smile]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
i really liked that X-Men cover !! i think it was for the first issue of those reprints they published ??

and enjoyed his work on the main book around that time !!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.