Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Classic (Fake) Legion Covers

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Classic (Fake) Legion Covers
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay... Here's thread three of Wayne's artwork.
The following are adaptations of famous comic covers using Legionnaires instead of the original cast members.

Again, they were done for an online e-rpg, so the costumes may look a little odd.

[Wink]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay - this one's real.
It's a redrawn version of the original appearance of the Legion. Done with vector colours in Illustrator.
 -

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

This one takes off the previous with e-rpg characters.
 -

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

The first appearance of the X-Legion. An adaptation of X-Men #1, I believe??
 -

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

This one was a JLA cover - the one where the original 5 fight Starro. I'm really happy with the way I managed to turn a giant starfish into a domineering woman... [Wink]
 -

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

A take-off of the first appearance of the Fantastic Four, complete with cheesy dialogue.
 -

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

And the last one (for now) - the return of Captain America from Avengers #4 - with time-lost Lar subbing for ice-bound Steve.
 -

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

And that's it for now...

Lemme know what you reckon, and if anyone knows where they can find low-res versions of the original covers I've taken off above, feel free to post them here for comparison. I had copies, but lost them. [Frown]

LLL!

(And thanks heaps to Scott for taking care of hosting issues and helping me work out what the frunt I was doing!)

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
they were great !!! how many more do you have ???

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Funny stuff! I really liked the Mentalla cover. The "Free" was a nice touch.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Tah guys...

They're the only ones I completed before my mayfly attention span kicked in. I had one more to draw (mostly Legion ladies, and based on the first issue featuring the combined JSA), but never got around to it. Maybe one day... [Confused]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Very nice! Do more when you can!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.