Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Hooked On Colors

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hooked On Colors
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, so I'm loving coloring someone else's work besides my own... especially George Perez. I added color and a background to his sketch of Polar Boy.

Hope you like!

-

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, so I slept too late this morning. However, I just finished this one, and now I'm going to bed [Smile]

-

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Classy color jobs, 'Cru. They're both works by Perez, I take it?

And I'll now act on my feeling that 'Cru ought to deem his own works equally worthy of such attention and palettes, as well.

Take a look at this ab fab 'Cru portrait of my sister and me on a mountaintop, enhanced by SatyQ (Jerry Loomis) ... click on it for a larger version.

-

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
These are great, Cru!

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Say, where did you get the Perez art? Have they appeared in comics? Or just convention-type where Perez will do the art and ink for you? I really LIKE the Polar Boy picture!!! Looks cool but menacing at the same time.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

They were convention sketches, I believe, that I found here and there around the net. I have good luck finding stuff that way [Smile]

--------------------

Spellbinder
Founder

Here's another Perez sketch that I colored tonight. Not my best, but not bad [Smile]

-

--------------------

Healex
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healex   Email Healex         Edit/Delete Post     
Great work Cru. I've seen the Saturn Girl sketch on ebay recently I think.
From: Tampa | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for sharing this Cru. They're all great. And I second Grey in that you should share some more of your own work.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

This one is by the Legion's own Chris Batista. I'm not thrilled by the background, but the lines weren't very strong, so they didn't show up very well. I probably should have just erased the existing background and added my own, but I was feeling lazy tonight [Smile]

-

--------------------

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
That's a great drawing from batista -- I wouldn't have guessed it was him. It seems to be a pencil drawing -- where'd it come from?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

I found it over on The Artist's Choice , in his commissioned art section. It was the only one like it there, although the other sections had other things he had drawn.

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Very nice coloring and a very un-Batista like drawing. At least from what we've seen so far in The Legion.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
From the samples I've seen over in Artist Choice, I'd say the stylized bodies on Legion are un-Batista like. Legion seems to be the one that's done in a different style. Good for him to try something different. The fact that I like the style probably influences my opinion.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Great colour jobs, Cru, but I agree with Greybird - your own sketches deserve attention, too.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.