Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » The 20th Century LMBP

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The 20th Century LMBP
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
OK, with all the talk again of One-Visions and stuff I'm feeling that it might be time to actually get around to writing the real origin of Lucien Lad. In the past I've always had a really vague origin to do with time travel and alt Universes and being my own father and stuff, but I think I should work out exactly what the story is (or what it is currently at least. [Wink] )

Anyway, it's long been established that Lucien Lad first encountered the LMBP on Wonder Woman World way back during their first (or possibly second) year and that Lucien Lad's Wonder Woman World was from the 20th Century but he'd been around for a while before that and was possibly *already* time displaced.

Basically this is a very lond winded way of asking which other LMBP, or LMBP related characters, we also know were around in the 20th Century. I'm not sure if any other full members are from the past but has anyone travelled back in time that we already know of? There's going to be a fairly large time travel element to the story (and probably some alternate universes as well) so some LMBPers (or versions of them) are bound to turn up but if it's been established that anyone was running around during the 20th century then I'll try and fit them in too.

I also know that we've had some heroes of the past turn up as well. From the Return of Dev-Em tag-team there was the JSMBP consisting of Super-Duper-Marvelous Man, Leather-Clad-Confirmed-Batchelor Man, Suspiciously Effeminate "Air-Quotes" Boy "Air Quotes", Feisty-Hollywood-Starlet Woman, Slightly-Offensive-Jewish-Stereotype Lad and Retconned-In-At-A-Later-Date Girl. I also have a feeling there was a One-Vision (possibly by Beagz or Lash?) which featured another version of a 40s LMBP. Does anyone remember who the members were of that?

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Try here:

LMBP OneVisions

This page has Lash's "Last Days of the LMBExperience" and Faraway's "Golden Age Story of the LMBP".

Those are the only "modern day" tales of the LMBP Universe that I have.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
There's also a few characters created by Abin Quank/Space Ranger that are from a golden age: Spectacular Aqua-Lungs Lass, Pagan Lass and Stoopid Cat (who have travelled back to the future and are now in the LMB), and a few others in the LMB: The Ongoing Tag Thread, in the last few pages of it.

And I think that's all the modern day LMB tales that we have, thanks Princess! So Bevis, between those two and the ones you created in the "Return of Dev-Em" storyline, that's all the old characters we have.

I'm really excited about you writing a Onevision! I'm interested in the premise of Lucien's origin, which should be great, and also to see you involved in writing a Onevision! Great stuff, I'm eagerly looking forward to reading it!

There are also a few other displaced LMBers over the years:

-Engine Joe: a Superman type figure that takes place sometime after the LMB Experience, who inspired the formation of the LMB. He also came to the future, served for a brief stint in the LMB as "Son of the Eagle", then returned, until he grew old (mysteriously slow) to be Engine Joe Brande, the man saved by Lardy, Lash and Shady which led to the creation of the LMB.

-Rody the Super-Rat: travelled to the past with Dusty Baker (the Chicago Cubs manager) and served with the crew of heroes from the Ongoing Thread. He was there for a brief time.

-The Time Mouse Trapper was revealed to be an alternate timeline version of Lash who kept his retcon powers and grew to hate the LMB and any version of himself who didn't keep the retcon powers. Thus, he retconned himself into this universe to fight the LMB.

-There's also Umber, an alternate version of Amber. Check out my post in the "Sidenotes on the Price of Security" though, because there are new parts of her origin created by her 'true self'. She may actually be the child of Thora and I, sent back in time to an alternate universe fifteen years in the past. Since it was always assumed that she was an Earth-2 counterpart of Amber, this is strange. However, perhaps there is a reason that the universe pulled her into the past into another timeline, to serve as a counterpart to Amber and then eventually join the LMB? Could there be a major role in store for her someplace in the universe for some upcoming Crisis/storyline? There seems to be major room here for a great LMB story. Umber pulled through time and space to serve a major role in something...

-and I know there are more! I'm interested!

Check out my post in the "Sidenotes" thread for a few more!

Can't wait for the Onevision!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
There's also Umber, an alternate version of Amber. Check out my post in the "Sidenotes on the Price of Security" though, because there are new parts of her origin created by her 'true self'. She may actually be the child of Thora and I, sent back in time to an alternate universe fifteen years in the past. Since it was always assumed that she was an Earth-2 counterpart of Amber, this is strange. However, perhaps there is a reason that the universe pulled her into the past into another timeline, to serve as a counterpart to Amber and then eventually join the LMB? Could there be a major role in store for her someplace in the universe for some upcoming Crisis/storyline? There seems to be major room here for a great LMB story. Umber pulled through time and space to serve a major role in something...

Hmm... just a thought: do we know Amber's origins? Perhaps *she* is the daughter of the Earth-2 Cobalt Kid and Thora, who was sent fifteen years into the past in our dimension...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Hm, that could prove interesting too Eryk! However, Thora had told me a few weeks before our babies 'accident' that she had named the baby Umber because of her beautiful eyes (this was when Thora and I still talked occasionally). So I had thought that perhaps it was Umber that was our child, since the Taltarian scienctists said there were traces of time travel (about fifteen years in the past) and possibly inter-dimensional travel. Still, this could be an interesting twist, especially if what we think we know now is actually wrong!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Cobie, what I was suggesting was that Amber and Umber were both your daughter, only of alternate versions of you. Perhaps the events on Earth-2 transpired roughly as they did on our Earth, and so when the daughter of the Earth-2 version of you was sent to an alternate dimension, it was in fact ours. This way, Amber and Umber are still alternate universe versions of one another, only originating in the opposite universes than we originally believed, since both were sent back in time to each other's universes. Hope that makes sense..
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

In case that still wasn't clear:

Amber = Daughter of Cobie and Thora of Earth 2. Gets sent back in time to Earth 1.

Umber = Daughter of our Cobie and Thora. Gets sent back in time to Earth 2.

Thus, they are still alternate versions of one another.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Holey Moley! That is indeed a possibility, and a crazy one! I suggest that Amber should tell us everything she knows about herself right away!

EDE, this is extremely interesting, and begs the question: why did this occur like this? What purpose does it serve? And why are they both here right now? And even more, this means I have yet, ANOTHER child (kinda in a weird Earth-2 counterpart way).

I wonder if the Earth-2 Cobalt is really married to the Earth-2 Thora and they actually get along? Very strange...

And Kewl!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.