Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » 21st Century Legion - Original Draft Version (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  20  21  22   
Author Topic: 21st Century Legion - Original Draft Version
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
[interlude]

Ummm...

1) Evolvo was IN-STATIS. Hard to be angry when you're being kept in suspended animation.

2) http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000282;p=11#000163

[/interlude]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valor the M'Onell
Anything but a marvel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valor the M'Onell   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
[interlude]
Um you can still feel emotions.
[/interlude]
Devius Emmaer was about to trash Mano..kill him if he had to just to get what he wanted,Mano.The Trapper of Times could revive him no doubt because he revived Devius Emmaer after a thousand years.Evolvo on the other hand was still a giant ape with only a tunic on.A gift from the Trapper of Times.
The Trapper of Times was waiting for a reason to kill Quentin.He had his own motivation but still in this time period he hadn't 'killed' Rex,him.The Trapper looked through time."Yes he will do." he muttered suddenly Mark Raines appears out of nowhere."Where am I?Who are you?" the Trapper of Times replied "Why my dear Mark Raines don't you want fame and power?I can give that to you!"
________
In Italy a famous singer and his band were performing Ronnie D.V. Idar was a sensation he loved the roar of the crowd and the sound of his own voice."Lori wher are you?C'mon I've got another performance in Metropolis and I want to go now!" Lori Morning his attractive female agent turned to him."Ronnie,hon we leave in two minutes and then we board the plane oh yeah Raines has gone missing." Ronnie D.V. Idar stirred,"Then hire a new drummer!Geez do I always have to do the thinking around here?" Lori chuckled she couldn't wait until the flight then she and Ronnie would have the one bedroom."Ronnie don't worry a guy in a cloak has a gift for you a ring." Ronnie only heard ring and he met the guy in the robe."Hello Mr.Idar this is for you a green ring with a certain emblem in it.The only thing you have to do is wear it and join Mr.Raines,Myself,Evolvo and Devius Emmaer in a never-ending battle against McCauly." Ronnie looked at him,"No way freak dude Mark and I are in a band so whatever your plan is count Ronnie D.V. Idar out." the Trapper chuckled,"You and Miss Morning can have an hour for your private time." Ronnie and Lori both smiled and said simultaniously,"Deal!"

From: Australia | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valor the M'Onell
Anything but a marvel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valor the M'Onell   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Across time Devius Emmaer and Evolvo appear at the Fortress of Solitude."Good everyone's here" said the Trapper of Times.Evolvo and Devius Emmaer were given costumes."Put these on Ronnie and Lori are nearly done." Lori and Ronnie come into the hall."So what's happening?" asked Ronnie.Instantly a young man steps out."Ah Cosmos you're ready to lead the Fatal Five?" the young man named Cosmos nods."So this is my team?Not bad."he chuckles as the Trapper suddenly says,"Ah your Code-Names I nearly forgot,Mark Raines you shall be known as Energon,Devius Emmaer you shall be known as Dev M,Ronnie D.V. Idar you shall be known as Green Lantern,Eddy is already known as Evolvo and Cosmos is your leader,Miss Lori Morning will be your agent and Ronnie shall pay the bills for a headquarters." Cosmos and Energon didn't really care they liked thrills but Green Lantern was only in it for spare time as was Lori Morning.Dev M owed the Trapper of Times and so did Evolvo.
3 Hours later as the team moves into a headquarters.Energon and Cosmos knew this wasn't the smartest thing but no-one had a choice.They would set themselves up as heroes steal the spotlight and then have friendly challenges against the Workforce and the Legion.On the second top floor the new team the Fatal Five made their office so people can alert them and they'd be off.They had the meeting room on the same floor above that floor was Ronnie's and Lori's room and below it the rooms for the other members."Our rooms above sweetheart..I mean Lori." said Ronnie to his wife Lori.Cosmos and Energon stayed by the phone the TV station would call for the first auditions/interview.Evolvo went to the special stasis tube for him and Dev M went out to a bar.Ronnie and Lori went up to their master bedroom.This was their new home and their property."Early retirement and I still made a fortune." said Ronnie to Lori she just kissed him and made sure no-one could see what they were up to.
_______
Cosmos and Energon are strange people Energon has white hair and Cosmos has black.The two are the exact opposite of Rex Kline and Garth Raines."So the Trapper of Times set it up so we can have a telepath tomorrow." said Cosmos to his villianous partner,"To cover up our villianous trail." he added gruffly.
_______
Dev M smashed ten men at once a miracle man and bloodthirsty too."Now barkeep give me WHISKY!" he yelled as loud as he could the barkeep gave him whisky and in one gulp it was gone making Dev M even wilder and more stupid."Smash all" he yelled as he punched a guy in the nose."Yeah" he yelled ripping off his shirt.

From: Australia | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
[interlude]
quote:
Originally posted by Valor the M'Onel:
Um you can still feel emotions.

In Statis = feel nothing. They're in cryogenic suspension within glass tubes, on ice, no brainwaves, no nothing until they're thawed out.[/interlude]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valor the M'Onell
Anything but a marvel

The hours passed quickly and the self-made group had a laptop with files on every person auditioning."This is WGBS news and I'm your host Richard Kent S. and I'm here to show you the newest super-group in town.Here's their agant Lori Morning-Idar wife of pop sensation Ronnie D.V Idar one of the richest men in the world.So Mrs Idar what is the name of this super-group?The Justice League?"said a reporter who is buff but wears glasses."Well the teams name is the Justifiers,I chose the name."said Lori Morning-Indar beutiful wife of Ronnie D.V Idar,the Green Lantern.The Justifiers sat on a bench with the laptop."Our first try-out Justifier is code-named Power he is powerful like our own Dev M here." stated Green Lantern who voted a no for him.Dev M also voted no as did Evolvo,Energon and Cosmos."Rejected." said Cosmos."Next up is the Queen of Kasmia,Audrey also known as Mind Queen." stated Cosmos."Her powers are useful." added Evolvo.Four yes' were counted with one no."Admitted" said Energon."Next is Daniel 'Dagger' O'Wentim of Ireland he can turn to stone." said Energon.One yes and four no's were counted."Rejected." barked Dev M,with pride "Next is Strong Girl,who claims she has super-strength her real name is Linda Jath." he said bored by it.Unamiously it was decided she was "Rejected" said Evolvo,"Because your powers only work half the time." he added."Next is Ryan Benem the Chlorophyll Kid he can ake plants grow." Evolvo said half mockingly.All laughed and Ronnie said "Rejected.Next is Color Kid she can change colors and id rejected."All agreed."Next is Biron Comet alias Biron the Bowman." said Cosmos."Rejected" they all said."And last is Blackout who can cause blackouts." said Energon and they all said..."Admitted" leaving to headquarters with the two new members and their agent the Justifiers waited until disator struck.
______
Meanwhile some rejected wannabe Justifiers."All I wanted was Rex Kline's attention." sobbed Linda,Ryan and Color Kid tried to make her happey,"But you have super-strength why did they turn you down?" said Ryan the Chlorophyll Kid."Because I can only use my powers at night so call me Midnight." she said."Well I'm renaming myself Rainbow." giggled Color Kid,now Rainbow."Say my name's Ryan what's your C--Rainbow?"said Chlorophyll Kid,"Well my names Emily Vakk." she said in a giggle."Well don't forget me Dagger O'Wentim but you can call me Stone Boy now."then Power said to the group,"Hey look guys I've been thinking howabout we becomes the Legion of Substitute Heroes?We can still be heroes and we can use this cave I know of as a base."the youngsters all say "I'm in."

Valor the M'Onell
Anything but a marvel

In Australia,New South Wales there is a small town that is called Broken Hill this small town is quaint and the desert/town life suited the 17-year-old Darren O'Ryan who had a gift.Well to be truthful Darren thought it was a curse.He went to Cullen's Gifts and Jewellry where he purchased a statue for his mother,her birthday was coming up.This statue had magical gifts and the results where unexpected.He gained the ability to reflect anything that could cause him harm.Darren had saved up money to travel 22 hours to get to Metropolis.Darren had no idea that he was about to do what he was about to do.
Mark remembered the pain he went through as a child,Garth and Ella got all the attention he was five when they were born and he became the resident bad boy of his town.He beat up football stars attacked them and killed one.He was unstable and then the boating trip those lightning beasts they charged him up with power and he asorbed all power he thought Ella and Garth had died and ran he became an electrical battery of unlimited power.Mark Raines had already done what he wanted with the Queen of Kasmia.They walked to the meeting room awaiting to hear from Cosmos he was about to trap all the members besides him,Energon and Mind Queen.The others where trapped by magic in the Zone of Phantoms by Cosmos woman Glorith."The fools!" Cosmos yelled in delight.They where about to become a Legion of Super-Villians
________
The Substitiut Heroes went to Power's cave."Those Justifiers are jerks" Power muttered as he led Ryan,Linda,Emily and Dagger to the ancient meeting place of some old heroes."Cool huh?" Power said."Uh yeah." said Ryan
[interlude]
I am letting anyone interested take over the Legion of Substitute Heroes
[/interlude]

Reboot

[interlude]

Sorry, VtM's stuff got me ticked (again) for a while, then I came up against my writer's block when I finally got round to trying for more. My last post was something of a recap, but if you want more, here's all the sections relevant to my thread, except this post (not all by me, mostly it's the origins that aren't): http://sanityormadness.ic24.net/21stCenturyLegion/21stCenturyWorkforce.htm
or the complete thread without WtM's stuff (again, apart from this post). Look especially for Invisible Brainiac, Juan and Cobalt Kid's posts, IIRC: http://sanityormadness.ic24.net/21stCenturyLegion/21stCenturyLegionNoVtM.htm

And the bios I wrote for most of my prominent characters:http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000339

[End interlude]

Andromeda lay on her bed, lost in thought. Slowly, she removed her earrings, two white stars, and held them in her hands for a few seconds before opening them to look at her only pictures of her parents. Glancing around, through the walls and door, and seeing no-one, she let the tears come.

Two hours before, she'd heard the news that the White Triangle had robbed a US Army storehouse in Texas, but she couldn't pretend, to herself or to anyone else, that the river on her face was for the people who had died there. They were for her, for the loss of her childhood in the orphanage - the "child heroine", who'd stopped the Triangle "after the tragic death of her parents" and had shown "terrific bravery in the face of terrorism." Before being forgotten about. And today's deaths had brought that pain straight back. She felt selfish - so many deaths, so much pain, and only her own mattered to her - but while the shame of the thought made her cheeks glow redder as the salt water ran down them, her mind still cried "WHY?!" Why her parents? Why couldn't it have been someone else who suffered? Why had the man, just out of mind, dumped her in the orphanage? She was a little girl again, the emotional walls she'd built in the orphanage tumbling down in the moment as she cried louder. She didn't want her powers. She didn't want this lifestyle. All she wanted was her mummy and daddy...

She cried for fifteen minutes more, her first cry in over five years, before she stood as her tears tapered off, though her breath still came in gasps. Looking at the clock, she was due to be at one of McCauley's plants somewhere or other in an hour... with Reflecto. She finished pulling herself together and floated to the shower quickly - never mind the PR aspect, if Reflecto of all people saw her like this she'd never hear the end of it. Ever.

Trinity sat alone in the pitch-black room. Her three selves had scoured the room by touch for any sign of an exit, but had found only a toilet and a slot which had lit up once, delivering a single plate of food which she'd had to integrate to eat. Now, the girl who could never be alone felt very alone indeed.

"Ooooohhhhh...."

She arched her back slightly more still at his ministrations, which caused him to redouble his effort. While he was gaining little direct pleasure from this, she was broadcasting a degree of hers as inducement to continue, Perhaps, were he to please her sufficiently, she would allow him full pleasure of his own.

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps...

---------------

After making sure he would sleep for several hours, Meta headed for his showerroom, planning to clean up before returning to her own quarters. At last, she thought as she stepped under the running water, her life was running smoothly for the first time since her telepathy emerged. The adulation she deserved, someone to enjoy herself with... yes, she thought as she dried, dressed, and exited Ultraboy's quarters, ready to preen herself in her own, finally, she could indulge herself as she deserved.

[ July 16, 2005, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------

Reboot

Simon Richards was working at his desk in a classified section of the Australian government when a bright green hole opened in the air beside him and a tall, husky bloke in a blue costume & badly-made mask and a giant insect tumbled through.

Now, Mr. Richards was not a particuarly brave man, and had ended up where he was more or less by accident; and the sight of a giant insect and someone rather taller and stronger than you appearing out of thin air would disturb anyone. It will, therefore, not surprise you to learn that his reaction was less "ice in his veins" and more "brown trousers."

Don't worry. we're not going to hurt you," said the insect, with a discernable accent. You might have thought that the words had been said by a salivating vampire with a fixation on Mr. Richards' neck to judge from his reaction.

"T... Gates, I thought we agreed *I* would say that this time," muttered the tall guy before continuing aloud to Mr Richards, "We just need your help to contact the Legion of Super-Heroes."

Mr. Richards fainted.

-----

"Do you realise how ridiculous you look?"

It was several hours earlier, after Tom had fastened his makeshift mask about his face. Tikhik continued, "The 'secret identity' is a piece of fiction. No-one could mistake your face no matter how much you cover it."

"I need to do something to stop my mum finding out. D'you want my help or not? Now, codenames. I was thinking of "Starboy" to go with my T-shirt..."

"Oh, for..."

Trinity saw a flash of pink light in the corner and jumped. Suddenly, the outline of a elven young woman appeared, illuminated by the pink glow from a short spear she held in her hand.

Trinity immediately split into three, but the woman said "I'm sorry," in a small, soft voice and threw the spear at the floor beneath their feet, whereupon they felt themselves falling...

--------------------

Reboot

The three Trinities landed in a heap on the floor of a corridor. Immediately, all three felt their limbs penetrated by the jab of needles, and suddenly they felt so very tired, unable to offer resistance as they were lifted onto medical trolleys.

A nervous voice was speaking in the background "You got the dosage right, didn't you? They won't pass out before the tests are done? Remember, we need them groggy, not out cold..."
"Relax 'Doc,'" the second voice was another male, but deeper, stronger, "I know my anaesthesia."

The nervous voice kept chattering, but Trinity-Neutral stopped listening after that. Trying hard to fight the chemical cosh that bound her, she needed to focus on getting out of this, not listen to the chatter. She felt mentally for Orange and Purple's minds, but both felt weak, more like trickling streams than the rivers that usually ran through her head. If it hadn't been for Irma passing on her experience in dealing with similar problems day-to-day, she didn't know how... FOCUS, she thought. Orange and Purple felt distant, was that her, them or both? Probably both. She tested her limbs, internally screaming as best she could for her sisters to do the same and hoping they followed. It was like waking up in the morning, she could move, but too slowly and with too much effort to do anything. She reached out her hands to either side, and felt her sisters' hands clasp hers. Besides the reassurance of the touch itself, she felt their minds more strongly with the physical contact, and squeezed Orange's hand tightly to reassure her. Neither of them were in any better condition than her for a fight, so there was only one thing to do.

The nurse and the doctor, still talking, hadn't been paying much attention to Trinity, against orders, and almost jumped out their skins when the three bodies flowed and merged into one red, orange and purple-garbed young woman, who proceeded to jump up and knock both of them out in one flowing move. Quickly, she grabbed the lab coat of the smaller man, and, donning it, swiftly rummaged through their other pockets, grabbing keys, paper, badges and other miscellany without looking and stuffing them into her pockets before straightening up and heading for the first ladies' room she could find at a swift trot.

As she walked, she felt uneasy at how quiet her mind was - when integrated, she could usually feel her three sides gently pulling at her mind, moreso when she felt really conflicted. Obviously, the drugs were still affecting her, even if only indirectly, so splitting wasn't an option and wouldn't be for a while, maybe hours. As she walked, looking around for a bathroom or, in a pinch, another unoccupied and unlocked room, she prioritised. Obviously, her first priority was not to be recaptured. Next, find out where she was and contact the Legion. Then, kick ass.

She smiled at the last as she finally found a toilet which, thankfully, was empty, before entering a cubicle and locking the door. Obviously her "Purple" side was more a part of her than she sometimes realised...

She searched through the clutter she'd picked from the pockets of her captors. Most, she discarded immediately as irrelevant. The keys she returned to her pockets after a glance, as they were all standard types and told her eyes nothing, but obviously might prove useful. She looked at her watch. Five minutes since she'd escaped - the guys she'd knocked out might come round or be discovered at any moment, and she couldn't fight off a whole group of people, especially while confined to one body. She looked through the material again, including the stuff she'd initially discarded, and noticed a common pattern. Most referenced Leonard McCauley, McCauley Industries, the Workforce, or all three. Worth taking on as a hypothesis at any rate she thought, although maddeningly there was no map of the place or information on exactly where "here" was.

She looked at her watch again and decided she had to move. This wasn't a defensible position, nor particularly hard to find. She stuffed the more promising things back in her pockets, dropped the rest in the system, rather than the bowl, of the lavatory and returned to the corridor. Most of the rooms had lights off, and fortunately the first key worked on the first door she tried. Locking it behind her, she took the nurse's pencil flashlight from her pocket and played it around the room. Bare office, an air vent far too small for her to fit through and no windows. Underground or just at the centre of the building? Either way, she realised as she rummaged through the drawers and found nothing useful, no escape and not a better hiding place than the toilet. Dare she risk the telephone? No. It might not give an outside line, even if it could it might need to go through a switchboard, and either way it would give her position away immediately. And they had a teleporter in the elf girl if they caught her again, so even if she got through straight away and the Legion traced the call and came straight away to rescue her, she wouldn't be here for them to rescue if they got her before her friends reached her. Catch-22.

She needed a cellphone. Her own had been taken before she woke up in the Black Room - the thought of the place she'd spent a day and a night giving her an involuntary shudder - and it was the only way she could contact her friends and have a hope of staying free long enough for them to reach her. And her selves were still silent in her mind, which worried her more. Would she have to split again and let the drugs pass out their systems normally? She'd never been drugged while split before, and had taken a risk by integrating. For all she knew, she'd have ended up with triple the dose in one body. It had been worth the risk though. Now at least she had a chance.

Then again, taking it was another matter, she thought as she ran down the corridor. She looked left and right as she ran down the seemingly infinite corridor for signs of an elevator or a set of stairs. Nada. Breathless, she pulled up at a random door and tried the keys on it. This time, none worked. She pounded the door in sheer frustration. Looking through the window on the door, she still saw no window in that room either. Or in any of the others she glanced in. Given the length of the corridor, surely she had to be underground. How did everyone reach their offices in an incredibly long corridor with no means of access? She was missing something... En suite elevators? Costly, impractical and you'd be as well building the rooms on the floor(s) above. Teleporters? Not for this number of offices, and the Legion would have heard of it surely. The elven girl teleporting everyone from a lobby to here? Again, if she was doing something like that, this would have to be a sealed community for no-one to have called the Legion about it. They got tons of calls, even unbidden, and Brainy and Lyle would occasionally spend a couple of hours going over the stats for fun and trying to discern the dispersion of powers and the percentage of fake calls. She'd joined in a couple of times, and whatever way you cut it, teleporters were almost as rare as hen's teeth, and if one had been reported Cos would have been off like a shot to have a chat with him or her, flash his earnest smile at them and probably talk them into joining without them realising it. Everyone always underestimated him...

Actually, she realised, that was a thought. What if it was a sealed community? By this point, most people in the Western world had heard of the Legion, and kidnapping her was a cross between kidnapping a cop and a... minor, she had to admit... celebrity. Or perhaps that was why - she checked her watch; it was two in the morning right now, which meant it had been after midnight when she was teleported out of the Black Room - she'd been taken for whatever-the-hell-it-was in the middle of the night, while the place was deserted. Were they scared someone not in on the ins and outs of what went on here might recognise her? What did happen here anyway? Were they... coll..ec...ting metahumans - she pulled the material she'd kept out of her pockets. McCauley. Workforce. Metahumans. She'd been drugged and taken for god-knows-what.... and images of Spark that day she'd visited with Cos, Garth and Brainy played across her head.

«Cos...Garth..., oh God...» she thought. Hang her safety, this was bigger than her. If metahumans, including Cos' brother and Garth's sister, were being captured and brainwashed all over the country, this needed to get out. If she wasn't here when the Legion arrived, at least they could save somebody.

With no regard for niceties, she kicked the door of the nearest office just beside the lock. On the second go it gave way, and she was in. She turned the light on, went straight for the telephone, heard the dial tone and called Cos' private number. Everyone worth calling would be in bed anyway, and proving her identity to the switchboard would take far too long.

She didn't get Cos. Instead, an unfamiliar voice answered and she realised she hadn't had an outside line.

"Hello. We've been waiting for you to call."

A black hole appeared in front of her, and five figures appeared from it. One was the elven woman, whose skin, she could now see, was lilac. She looked deeply unhappy at the situation. Another was the man, all jet-black bar his gloves, who had caught her and she trembled slightly at the sight of him. There was also what looked like a horribly misshapen dog, a man who vanished almost before he registered to her eyes, and a half-man, half-something-furry-and-toothy-and-clawy. Immediately, she felt something try to worm into her mind, and resisted. Her unique mind structure helped her resist, and on top of that she'd trained with Irma until her mind was strong enough to repel the most determined gatecrash Irma could throw at it. In comparison to that level of punishment, this was nothing, she thought as she launched herself at the werewolf-thing, catching it square on the jaw with her foot and knocking it down but not out as she sprung back and onto the yellow and purple, leathery "dog", vaulting over it and smashing the glass helmet of the jet-black man, not injuring him that she could see but causing him to collapse nonetheless. Taking advantage of the momentary "break", she ran over to the elf-girl, who'd taken no part in the fight and seemed to be willing Trinity on, and screamed at her to get her out of there.

"I can't," the elf's blue-white, pupil-less eyes showed signs of tears. "I'm sorry, but I can't."
"If you're scared, we - the Legion - we'll protect you from whoever this is. Just, please..."
"No," the soft voice seemed to grow smaller still, "you don't understand, I want to, but I really can't."
"Why?" Trinity was on the verge of panic, she couldn't have more than seconds before her opponents recovered, but she tried to control her voice, "Why not?"
"They won't let me, and unless I'm told to...,"

Her head drooped forward in defeat, but as Trinity realised in horror how right she'd been, she felt herself flattened. The guy who had vanished before had suddenly appeared on her shoulder and grown to human size in a second. Straining, she couldn't lift him off of her."

"Now, come on," she couldn't see his face, but just knew the arrogant bastard was smirking at her, "this really could only end one way."

Something hit her on the head, and her world went black again.

--------------------

Somebody
Banner-Man

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somebody   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The woman opened her story once more, but the young children never tired of hearing of it. Of her true friends she'd met, who she'd lost and was destined to meet time and time again, in different places, different times, different forms. Always seeing the true path back to her original friends, forever kept from it. Her grey skin and pale eyes glistened as she told them of the battles she'd shared, the love she'd lost, the people they'd saved. She wasn't an old woman - indeed, she didn't look like she'd seen twenty yet - but there was something about her that suggested she'd seen more than others saw in a lifetime. But only the children seemed to see the fire and determination in her eyes to, one day, be reunited with her friends...
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

I can talk about it now that they're over, those dark days under McCauley's control, now that... but, of course, you haven't reached that part of the story yet.

Can you imagine what it's like to realise that you don't have control over your own actions? That was the moment I realised. Everything up to that point I'd managed to rationalise one way or another. But after seeing her in that dark, dark room, knowing that I'd put her there, when she begged me to get her away before they recaptured her every fibre of my being screamed to respond, to teleport her - us - out of there. Instead, I let my head fall and murmered something apologetic. Because I couldn't do it. Not from fear, not from a desire not to, I physcially couldn't defy them.

All the psychatrists, all the councellors, they've all been telling me I shouldn't blame myself for what happened. Some of them might even mean it. Either way, how can I not blame myself? Even after Micro had knocked her unconscious, a flick of my wrist and a blink of my eyes would have freed her. Instead, I was ordered to take the whole group to a medical room - and I obeyed.

There, while Wolf recovered and Mano got a new helmet, I had to stand and watch "at the ready" in case I was needed; while they "played it safe" by putting a collar of some sort on Trinity. Then, mercifully, I didn't have to watch what they did next after they wheeled her into the next room, which looked like the chamber Frankenstein's monster woke up in, complete with huge switch. But, an hour later after I'd been allowed to sit down, I did hear her screaming and turned away, trying and failing to block her out while I cried and cursed my weakness.

I only saw her twice more before the big endgame. The first was the following day, when she stood like a zombie while I took her to the office of McCauley himself, and waited outside before returning her to the room I'd taken her from, a bedroom, not the black room. The second was a week later, when I took her and a man I've never seen before or since to a back alley near Legion HQ. He whispered a few words to her, and I saw her wake up from the zombie-state as he directed us to blink us away.

Even though she knows now that it's not my fault, I was controlled the way most of us were controlled, I still haven't been able to face her to say sorry. It seems so... tiny in comparison to what she must have gone through, especially when she first had to face it. It's why I asked to write this bit of this book. Not to justify what I did, since I should have been able to break the conditioning, the way [CENSORED] later did, and I still hate myself for not doing it, especially when I heard those screams. Just to apologise as best I can.

Sorry Trinity.

[ July 27, 2005, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------

Reboot

Irma was annoyed and worried.

Annoyed because, although - after she finally snapped and threatened to make the next person who called her "Satin Girl" spend a week believing themself to be a hamster - people had stopped calling her it to her face, she still had to hear it running through their minds. She was prepared to swear some of them were doing it on purpose...

Worried because of Trinity. Since she'd appeared back at HQ out of the blue one evening, she'd refused to let her do a proper mindscan to find out what had happened to her. That wasn't like Trinity at all, who she'd spent several sessions with, helping her adjust to becoming three minds in one and training her to resist psi-attacks. And even a cursory scan not only showed that Trinity wasn't lying when she said she couldn't remember a thing, but told her that something was badly out of place in Lorna's mind - what, she couldn't tell without going deeper, and she couldn't and wouldn't go deeper without Trinity's permission. She communicated her concerns to Cos, who she could tell shared her concern... maybe moreso.

"She's been badly traumatised somehow Cos. I know the physical didn't show anything, but the amnesia's proof enough without whatever else I can feel wrong about her."

"So what do you want me to do? Send her away to go rot? Give her time Irma, she's had a bad shock."

Irma got impatient; "I know she's had a bad shock Cos, that's what I'm SAYING! And it's not going to get better... SHE'S not going to get better, without making her face her missing fortnight."

Rex bit his lip. He knew Irma was right, but he couldn't order Lorna to let Irma into her head. Firstly, it seemed wrong to even think about giving such an order. Secondly, it went against the grain to order anyone to do anything - the trick to good leadership was manoeuvring events and people in such a way that you never had to give orders; if you had to order people about rather than just ask, things were already bad. Thirdly, he should really tell Leviathan, who was after all still the official leader even if he'd unofficially demurred to Cos, and Gene was edgy about Lorna being on the team already between her "limited" powers and her disappearing off the face of the Earth for nearly three weeks. If he suspected anything was seriously off with her, Cos could hardly disagree that Lorna should be off the team right now. And he just knew that, whatever was wrong with her, sticking her on gardening leave wasn't going to make her better.

Irma, seeing - and, obliquely, feeling - Cos' thought process, interjected with a softer tone; "It doesn't need to be me Cos, it doesn't even need to be a telepath. But she's got over two weeks of missing memory plus god-knows-what repressed trauma. She needs help. Urgently. You're close to her, you don't need to order her, just try and talk her into seeing someone. For her own sake."

"I'll... have a word Irma. But if she doesn't want to, I won't force her. I can't force her."

-------

At that moment, Trinity was lying silently, split into three, on her king-size bed in her room. To all appearances, the three of her were silent, but they were talking to each other inside their heads. All trying to figure out what it was just behind the veil. There was a glowing stick, a man with horn-rimmed glasses, a syringe... but all so faint, so vague. Why couldn't she... they... remember?

[ August 05, 2005, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
'Boot, I'm thrilled that you're posting this again! This time, I can't sit by and let that cool story I was a part of go to waste, so I plan to go back through, catch myself up on Juan/IB/myself's storyline, and continue it from there.

IB, if you read this--do the same! I wish Juan would drop in too.

Another project for me to do, but those are the things I like best [Big Grin] . And it's good to see you writing again too Reboot.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spark's Boy
Aylafan Extraordinaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spark's Boy   Email Spark's Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Didn't I post about this a year ago in a review thread? What happened to that thread?

Anyway, needs more Spark [Spark] [Smile]

--------------------
I :love: :Spark:

[Not Light Lass]

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
'Boot, I'm thrilled that you're posting this again! This time, I can't sit by and let that cool story I was a part of go to waste, so I plan to go back through, catch myself up on Juan/IB/myself's storyline, and continue it from there.

IB, if you read this--do the same! I wish Juan would drop in too.

Another project for me to do, but those are the things I like best [Big Grin] . And it's good to see you writing again too Reboot.

Ta. I PMed iB about it a week or two back, BTW. He said he's still got plans, but no time to write them up in :/

So, how's this project coming along for you anyway? [Razz]

--------------------

This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  20  21  22   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.