Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Moy Sketchboard Officially Open!! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Moy Sketchboard Officially Open!!
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whitelighter   Author's Homepage   Email Whitelighter         Edit/Delete Post     
Check it out at:
http://kat.of-the-night.com/~moy

And here is a preview that is NOT on the page yet [Good] Cause it's me! (well, my name on here anyway)

-

Laters,
Kat [Good]

--------------------
Lady Kat - The White Raven

From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JR Loflin
Stay Ace!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JR Loflin   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Wowzers! That is stunning! But then I'd expect no less from Moy... [Smile]

--------------------
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

From: Outpost Gallifrey | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Totally Cool! Thanks Kat, we miss you around here. Stop by more often!
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Sweet! I wish Moy were more active these days -- I'd love to see a current ongoing with his art.

And you've got a nice site there! [Cool]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I hear he's going to be at the Con. I hope I can get him to do a sketch of Garth for me. That Mysa is just awesome!
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
That's incredible! It makes me wish we could have seen this version of Mysa rendered by Moy instead of her flesh-toned, red-head counterpart!

I've always been impressed by Moy's work, both with having seen how fast it developed when he was on Legionnaires and in how consistent he could be with the various characters and backgrounds in the series. His teens really looked like teens.

As for his return, I remember reading on LegionPics that he volunteered to pencil Legion Worlds #2, which featured his favorite character, Spark, but was ultimately not tapped for the job because then-editorial wanted to move toward new and other pencillers. With a new editor these days, I think it would be fun to see Jeff come back for a fill-in issue. It's always great to see old Legion artists come back to their roots!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I hear he's going to be at the Con. I hope I can get him to do a sketch of Garth for me. That Mysa is just awesome!

He's been there the last couple of years. I've gotten really good sketches of Spark, XS, and Lyle from him.

He's usually available for sketches, but get there early: His request list fills up very quickly.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:

Get to him early on the first day. His sketch list fills up quick. I got to him just in time in Columbus.

And the site looks awesome, Kat. It's great to see all that Moy work.

[ June 29, 2004, 05:54 AM: Message edited by: Suddenly Seymour ]

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whitelighter   Author's Homepage   Email Whitelighter         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey guys, if anyone has any Moy artwork, please let me know, I'd REALLY like to put them on the site [Smile]

--------------------

From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gina DC
Metacontinuity Cop

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gina DC   Author's Homepage   Email Gina DC         Edit/Delete Post     
Sure! I've got a Phil Jenni and a Jeff Bart from SDCC '97. I couldn't go, so Kynn took a photo of me and a sketchbook and made the rounds, getting speedster sketches.

They're at http://surl.linuxrus.org/~gina/random/pmoy-jenni.jpg and jmoy-bart.jpg [Wink]

--GD [Cosmic Boy - Post-Boot]

--------------------
---livejournal.com/~evilbeej/---
Jo wants the beer.

From: Denville, New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, I sent coloured versions of both of the contest images to you before the close date, and you've not updated it or anysuch.

-  -

[ June 23, 2010, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

I really hate yahoo... I got those two images, but my yahoo didn't get them til after the date... really disappointed me too [Frown] Cause those are fantastic works.

The contests were moved to:
http://kat.of-the-night.com/Contests/

I keep forgetting to update the Moy pages, got over 60 new pics to add to the page... I keep putting it off.

I'm really sorry about that [Frown] [Frown]

Not this coming week, but the one after I'm gonna be restarting my dollmaking... lots of Legion.

Kat

--------------------

Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Ah, it's okay (although I swear I did send them off on Thu 24 Jun and Mon 28 Jun repectively [Frown] ). BTW - you really need to fix the link in your sidebar, which doesn't go to the new Contests page.

[ August 09, 2004, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Sanity or Madness? ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

You did, but yahoo didn't get them to me in time [Frown]

Link is now fixed.

--------------------

Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

It's updated!!!!!
TONS of updates, but I didn't add any of the contests pics to the main page, they're all on the Contets page.

http://kat.of-the-night.com/~moy/

[Good]

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.