Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Dawnstar and Violet coloring contest (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Dawnstar and Violet coloring contest
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
 -

My Dawnstar entry.

edit: Whoa. That was huge. I'm going to break that link and put a thumbnail to a smaller one.

-

[ September 19, 2004, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: Yellowbeast Kid ]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Here's Jeff's Koriand'r in color...

-

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whitelighter   Author's Homepage   Email Whitelighter         Edit/Delete Post     
Holey cow! Great work!

--------------------
Lady Kat - The White Raven

From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

I know, sometimes I just hate Dean. Every time I get better he gets better too. It's not fair.
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's my Dawnstar. I actually finished this a while ago, but didn't get around to uploading it until today.

Full size is, well, huge, so here's the thumbnail...

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks you guys!

Lou, great Dawny!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Dean, gotta ask you this - how come you always make the cheeks so prominent on people?

EDIT: Face-cheeks, before anyone starts [Razz]

[ September 20, 2004, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I guess it has to do with adding depth to their faces. Your question prompted me to look back over some of the pictures I've colored. I do try and keep the light source in mind as I color, so the little highlight on the cheek should be in the right place each time, as well as the little highlight on the nose. In this recent Vi picture, her eyes are actually the most prominent features. She's wearing almost goth-like make-up, so even though I didn't really sculpt her cheeks, I did need to apply some color there. Dawnstar should always have prominent cheekbones. Kory is smiling and is in fairly contrasty light, so her cheeks should be rounder and have the highlight. I tend to color breasts and legs that way, too.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Yk
between boots

Very very very nice Loser. Lookin' fanfriggintastic fellas. Did you show off your doll prizes to the rest of Legion World yet? They really do look pretty cute y'know.
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Yeah, Lou and I both posted our LMBP doll prizes in the "Kat's Contest Voting" thread.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whitelighter   Author's Homepage   Email Whitelighter         Edit/Delete Post     
I have a feeling this contest will be REALLY close.

--------------------

From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Dean and Yellow!

In case anyone missed them in the other thread, here are the dolls that Kat made for Dean and I for winning last month's contest:

Loser Lad

-

and Sketch Lad!

-

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

*chuckles* I made a slight change in one of them...  -

I like that belt better [Smile]

--------------------

Loser Lad
Stressed

Works for me!

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

Hey YK, you finish the Jesse Quick? I just remembered it! [Smile]

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.