Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts: WaK Wing - On Deck Circle (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts: WaK Wing - On Deck Circle
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
I hope Loser or others will follow up on the rest of Newcru's attractive redesigns on the previous page. Chuck is much more plausible without a belt. Mysa ended up especially smooth in color, especially her cloak, though I still can't envision her as a redhead (wasn't that TMK? well, we won't get into that again).

F.C., you shouldn't put yourself down. The Trapper-as-owl concept is a good one. If someone made the turned head a bit more realistic, it would work even better.

[ January 13, 2005, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: Greybird ]

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
That looks really cool, Lou! Thanks!

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
In her Adventure era debut, Mysa was a redhead.

Cru and Lou are an EXCELLENT team!

FC, I like the owl idea for the Time Trapper.

As for my Dawnstar, I did want to give her a new look, yet keep a lot of the familiar, so the color scheme stayed (maybe a bit more tan than yellow, I guess). Really, I should do some research on the tribe of native Americans who sported the mohawks. I could get some good costuming ideas from actual history. I think Dawnstar is beautiful enough to wear even that drastic look. Obviously, that was my plan, to get away from the long hair. Please don't apologize (Greybird) if you don't care for it. Everyone's entitled to their opinion!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Beautiful coloring to go with a beautiful pic.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
In her Adventure era debut, Mysa was a redhead.

Cru and Lou are an EXCELLENT team!

FC, I like the owl idea for the Time Trapper.

As for my Dawnstar, I did want to give her a new look, yet keep a lot of the familiar, so the color scheme stayed (maybe a bit more tan than yellow, I guess). Really, I should do some research on the tribe of native Americans who sported the mohawks. I could get some good costuming ideas from actual history. I think Dawnstar is beautiful enough to wear even that drastic look. Obviously, that was my plan, to get away from the long hair. Please don't apologize (Greybird) if you don't care for it. Everyone's entitled to their opinion!

Mohawks are a hard thing to sell, I kind of like it, but see I read X-Men and I had to get use to Storm having it so it grew on me.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Greybird:
Mysa ended up especially smooth in color, especially her cloak, though I still can't envision her as a redhead (wasn't that TMK? well, we won't get into that again).

Like Sketchy said, Mysa was a red head in her debut (Adventure 351), and then again in the Post-Boot. I thought she looked good that way.

-

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Princess Crujectra:
That looks really cool, Lou! Thanks!

No problem. That was fun! If I get the chance I'll take a crack at your other designs. I really like the Dawnstar design.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I like the way Mysa's tights seem to be her skin color with groovy markings. No evidence of shoes or toes. Another Swan costuming triumph!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Heh. Silver Age colorists practiced their craft with such attention to detail.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Loser Lad
Stressed

Here are Princess Crujectra's two other designs colored.

Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Those are great, Loser! I couldn't have picked better colors for Chuck, and those were exactly the colors I envisioned for Dawny! We must have been on the same wavelength [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Any surprise who I'd like to see in the new Legion? It's not quite a bold reinterpretation, but that Cockrum costume was so perfect, it's hard to get away from:
Click for fullsize image

[ January 19, 2005, 02:50 AM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

And with Drake, could Dawny be far behind?
Click for fullsize image

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Drake, love 'em both! Do you envision the reimagined Wildfire with a body of flesh & blood or would he still be in his energy form?

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Wildfire always has to be a former humanoid turned into an energy being -- that sense of loss is integral to the character, imo...
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.