Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMBP - Now in comic book form. (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: LMBP - Now in comic book form.
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Well now I'm not too sure this is the right time to be posting this. Maybe a bit too much competition from another much more popular book launch do you think?

This was a treat to myself as a sort of Birthday present but it has taken a long time to get it all together and working with Scott in America was a real learning curve for me. My original script for this was WAYYYY to long. Scott offered to do a full 22 pages but I could not at the time afford it.

Many thanks to Gary for hosting these images for me. These are saved a little smaller than the originals (which were in TIFF format and about 25MB each page) but you should still be able to click on them for larger views.

Any one interested in the back story this episode came from should look
Here
Anyway now for your entertainment and I hope you enjoy, this four colour adventure of the Legion of Message Board Posters.

[ January 04, 2005, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: Faraway Lad ]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Episode 1 [Big Grin]

-

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

Episode 2 (gosh this is exciting) [Bouncing Boy]

-

--------------------
Faithfull

Faraway Lad

Last Page [Frown]

-

--------------------
Faithfull

Faraway Lad

So there it is. Now be gentle. [Smile]

--------------------
Faithfull

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
More, more, more, more, more!!!

This is the coolest thing I've ever seen!

Great Gravy and Potatos! This just made my whole week! Awesome, Darden!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

Recognize anyone Des? [Wink]

--------------------
Faithfull

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

That’s one good-lookin’ super-hero on page one! [Big Grin]

I can practically feel the females getting worried about his fate!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

You'll have to get all the females on Legion World to mount a rescue mission.

Mind you I thought you might be looking forward to be chained in a dungeon with the "empress" [Wink]

--------------------
Faithfull

Faraway Lad

Or was that handsome fellow me [Big Grin]

or Lardy [Eek!]

--------------------
Faithfull

Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Darden, this is great. It's funny to read about 'enema rays' in comic format as that's not normally the sort of evil do-ers weapons that appear in my usual choice of reading material, maybe it's time I stopped reading only DC and Marvel?

Who's the artist?

[ January 04, 2005, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

The art is amazing! It reminds of me of a 70's era comic (and that is definatley a compliment!).

I'm looking forward to the Empress/Cobalt scenes that follow! [Big Grin]

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
These are great, Far! Thanks for sharing these with us. [Smile]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Those are great! I never thought I'd see the day...
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

quote:
Originally posted by Harbinger:
Darden, this is great. It's funny to read about 'enema rays' in comic format as that's not normally the sort of evil do-ers weapons that appear in my usual choice of reading material, maybe it's time I stopped reading only DC and Marvel?

Who's the artist?

B

What can i say, I have a warped sense of humour. [Big Grin]

You asked who the artist is? this is from his web page which you can find Here

ABOUT THE ARTIST: Scott Reed is a graduate from the Art Institute of Pittsburgh. As a cartoonist, he began his career contributing inks for Greater Mercury Comics in 1990. In 1993, he was hired on-staff as an inker for Malibu / Marvel Comics. There, Reed's credits included Star Trek: DS9, Mortal Kombat, and many others. Reed left Malibu in 1995 to pursue a freelance career, where he provided inks to Dark Horse Comics mini-series Godzilla & G.I.Joe. His Marvel Comics credits include Mission:Impossible, Independence Day, Virtuo Fighter and Spiderman/Ultraverse.

I found him offering to do three pages on an ebay auction.

--------------------
Faithfull

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.