Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMBP - Now in comic book form. (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: LMBP - Now in comic book form.
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
The art is amazing! It reminds of me of a 70's era comic (and that is definatley a compliment!).

I'm looking forward to the Empress/Cobalt scenes that follow! [Big Grin]

Scott does have a pretty old school style and i for one think it works well for this story.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! That is so much fun!!! Excellent work. Can't wait to see more!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
You took up Scott Reed's auctions! I've seen them for some time. He'll do individual pages or a three-page story, with those being auctioned off, and will contract to do a "full" story. I was tempted myself.

Great action and storytelling! It gets a conflict across in a compact way and with distinct LMBP characters. Reed clearly knows how to pare a story down to its essential actions, as hard as it may be for those like you or me to prune back our own words.

What a gift not just for yourself, but for all of us! (And thanks for getting my sister into the first page.)

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
this is cool Darden, can't wait to see the rest of it .....

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Darden, that is just so great! Is there more coming?

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks guys, I wish there was more to come but finances prevented me from getting any more pages than that.

However! [Wink]

if any of you LW artists want to, I would love to work on another set of pages. I could even stump up a bit of money to pay for it (not huge sums though guys, I have food and stuff to buy you know [Big Grin] ) Anyone intersted PM me.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Darden, this is awesome! I love it! [Bouncing Boy]

One small quibble...you never got around to Vee! [Big Grin]

More please!

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

colour me chastised Vee [Smile]

AS I SAID UP ABOVE (shouting in cas no one heard me) [Big Grin]

if any of the LW artists want to work with me I'd be more than happy to put up another couple of three pagers I have in mind. And actually I need a LMBP'er who can grow and shrink. So unless you have had a power change to match your avatar change you made the cut. And i want to put Harbinger in there as well. gosh damit I need an artist, stat! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Faithfull

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Man, but Scott made Lardy look almost......heroic, really.

That was a fun read, Faraway. Thanks for posting it!

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I think Vivian/High Priestess ought to have a power like the Wasp. Shrink and grow fairy wings and shoot indeterminate "magical bolts" (they twinkle like Tinkerbell's energy wake) at her opponents.
Hey, it fits with her "Priestess of the Holy Isle" personna AND is a bona fide super power.
Would that help?
There's always Gay Green Giant who grows like Colossal Boy (the old one) [Big Grin]
It takes two characters to do it but we get the job done!

btw- those pages are wonderful! Thanks for going to so much effort, I love 'em.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Wonderful idea - and execution - Darden! This must be the first LMBP comic book. The Legion Star - the LMBP comic - what's next? Good show!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
I think Vivian/High Priestess ought to have a power like the Wasp. Shrink and grow fairy wings and shoot indeterminate "magical bolts" (they twinkle like Tinkerbell's energy wake) at her opponents.
Hey, it fits with her "Priestess of the Holy Isle" personna AND is a bona fide super power.
Would that help?
There's always Gay Green Giant who grows like Colossal Boy (the old one) [Big Grin]

Hey, hey, hey!!!! Hold on there! Size changes is what Vee does. He ggrroOWWSS and SSHHRRIinnkkss things (himself, others, or anything!) Check out my listing on the LMBP powers thread.

[ January 06, 2005, 03:30 AM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
These are great, really enjoyable.

quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
quote:
Would that help?

Hey, hey, hey!!!! Hold on there! Size changes is what Vee does. He ggrroOWWSS and SSHHRRIinnkkss things (himself, others, or anything!) Check out my listing on the LMBP powers thread.
That's ok, it was a nice idea. Hey the Scarlet Witch and Jean Grey are still open... [Wink]

[ January 06, 2005, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: HighPriestess Viviane ]

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Would that help?

Thanks for think of me, that's awfully sweet of you. [smooch] (on the cheek)

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
This is awesome Darden (although sorely lacking in Loser Lad content, but hey, just how many characters can you cram in to 3 pages before you have to call in George Perez?). Must be exciting to see your story actually drawn out like this.

Geez, first you donate the Legion World Star and now this. You come up with the coolest gift ideas ever! I think next year you're coming along with me when I do my Christmas shopping!

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.