Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » New Tales of the Legion of Super-Heroes #1-- An MLL'Ester Joint.

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Tales of the Legion of Super-Heroes #1-- An MLL'Ester Joint.
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
This is a little project Lash and I have been working on. We hope you enjoy it.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

PAGE 1

(Splash Page of Legionnaires with their fists raised in the air)

Caption: Everyone’s read in history books about the great heroes of the past! The Roman Legion, Robin Hood, Joan of Arc, Jesse Owens, the valiant American soldiers of World War II… all are legends in our time! Now meet a group of youngsters for whom the great heroes of the Justice League of America are all historical figures! In a world without heroes, a world that’s forgotten how to fight for change, they proudly proclaim… “WE ARE LEGION!”

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

PAGE 2

Panel 1

Caption: Metropolis, Earth... Science Police HQ... where technology has become so advanced, people sitting in the same room do not speak
directly to each other! Instead, they converse with each other through amazing devices called COMMUNOVISIONS!

SciCop: You say this Legion numbers 75,000 members, eh?

Officer: Not officially.

Panel 2

Officer: Remember, any kid in the galaxy can call themselves a Legionnaire if they subscribe to their space-philsophy! The core team consists of about 20 feat-performing youths!

SciCop: Why can't we track them with our hooligan-sensor device?

Panel 3

Officer: Because their flight rings take them off the Super-Public Service of Space!

SciCop: BAH!!

Panel 4

Officer: This won't make you happy-- a team of Legionnaires has just been spotted in the A.I. district, fighting an experimental space-macrobot gone wild!

Panel 5

SciCop: Names! Which Legionnaires are present?

Officer: We have visual confirmation on SIX Legionnaires from our spy-o-trons!

Eryk Davis Ester

PAGE 3

6 panel grid

Panel 1

(Colossal Boy is wrestling with the macrobot)

Caption: “Colossal Boy”

Panel 2

(Colossal Boy tossing head to Ultra Boy)

Caption: “Ultra Boy.”

Colossal Boy: Sure you don’t want me to carry that?

Ultra Boy: Stop being so eager to please, pal! You aren’t my help-clone!

Panel 3

(Shadow Lass watching Colossal Boy and Ultra Boy, with S.P.’s below)

Caption: "Shadow Lass."

Shadow Lass: You boys and your super-trophies…

S.P. Officer: Halt! You children better let us handle this! This is a Science Police case! Drop that head!

Panel 4

(Energy shots hit Ultra Boy as Sun Boy projects his light beams)

Caption: “Sun Boy.”

Sun Boy: My super-radiance can’t melt that energy fire! Good thing you’re invulnerable, Ultra Boy!

Ultra Boy: Ow! You forget I can only use one ultra-power at a time! While I’m using my ultra-strength, I’m vulnerable!*

Editor’s Note: *Ultra Boy can still fly while using his strength, because he wears a flight ring like all Legionnaires!

Panel 5

(Ultra Boy dropping the head as Science Police Officers scatter, and Light Lass catches it with powers)

Caption: “Light Lass.”

Ultra Boy: Ow! Well, if you want me to drop it…

Light Lass: Those Science Police Officers don’t know I’ve made the head as light as a feather!

Panel 6

(Star Boy using his powers on the S.P’s guns)

Caption: “Star Boy.”

Star Boy: Speaking of dropping things, I’ll give your guns the mass of a white dwarf star!

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
PAGE 4

Panel 1

caption: After having thwarted the Science Police and destroying the Space-Macrobot, the titanic teens of the far-flung future take to the sky, using their flight rings to propel themselves at dizzying speeds!

Ultra Boy: Nice job back there, Light Lass... for a girl.

Light Lass: I don't know why I ever kissed you!

Sun Boy: Was it the ultra-love?

Light Lass: Or why I ever kissed YOU, either.

Panel 2

caption: LEGION HQ

Sun Boy: Here we are, back at our headquarters! It looks like our super-hippie-commune of Legionnaires has grown even bigger! There's THEENA-- who has the unique ability of super-interfacing with news holos and other space-signals!

Theena: And I have news for you-- Legionnaire activity is increasing on Lallor. However, it has been banned on Daxam!

Sun Boy: Well, we'll have to change their minds!

Panel 3

caption: As the Legionnaires depart from the crowd and prepare to enter their HQ...

Ultra Boy: Hey, kid! What are you doing here?

Invisible Kid: My name is Lyle Norg, but my action code-name is INVISIBLE KID! I invented a serum that granted me the power of super-invisibility on all space-spectrum wavelengths! See?

Panel 4

Light Lass: *gasp!* He's... gone!

Invisible Kid: Or, DON'T see, more likely... *chuckle!*

Panel 5

Light Lass: Welcome to the Legion, Invisible Kid!

Light Lass thought balloon: He sure is cute!

Invisible Kid thought balloon: I think Light Lass sort-of digs me!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

PAGE 5

Panel 1

Sun Boy: "Invisible Kid", huh? That's a great name! I'm Sun Boy, and this is Colossal Boy!

Colossal Boy: Or Micro Lad, as I'm also known!

Panel 2

Invisible Kid: "Micro Lad?" But you're so tall!

Sun Boy: He comes from a race of space-giants! His power is that he can shrink to six feet tall!

Panel 3

Sun Boy: Come inside the clubhouse, and I'll show you around!

Panel 4

Sun Boy: Here's our Hall of Heroes! Each Legionnaire has his own statue here!

Invisible Kid: Wow!

Panel 5

Sun Boy: And here's our meeting room! Since you're a new member, we'll have to make you a plaque with your name and super-powers on it!

Panel 6

Chameleon: Hello there!

Invisible Kid: *Awp*!

Sun Boy: Ha! Don't let Chameleon's alien appearance or ambiguous space-gender scare you, he's really a pretty nice guy, or gal, or whatever!

[ January 22, 2005, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

PAGE 6

Panel 1

caption: meanwhile, as Legion Leader COSMIC BOY converses via communovision* with Political luminaries...

*editor's note: Communovisions can also be used for long-range chat, as well as short-range!

Cosmic Boy: I promise you leaders of various space-provinces won't be disappointed by The Leion of Super-Heroes! We'll be super-careful when it comes to Lall...

Ultra Boy: LALLOR! Come quick, everyone!! To the hyper-transmatter omniroom, which we use for instantaneous transport to any locale in the galaxy!

Panel 2

caption: The Legionnaires emerge from the portal to a grisly sight on Lallor!

Ultra Boy: Popping parakats! These teenaged Lallorian Legion-supporters have been stunned and beaten with opti-nightsticks!

Panel 3

Invisible Kid: Some of them are bleeding!

Panel 4

Sun Boy: We must strike FAST and strike HARD, people! Element Lad-- Karate Kid-- Phantom Girl-- on my mark--!

Panel 4

caption: Suddeny, an image of Cosmic Boy is emitted through Sun Boy's flight ring*!

*editor's note: All Legion flight rings contain mini-communovisions!

Cosmic Boy: STOP!

Sun Boy: WHAT?!?!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Eryk Davis Ester

PAGE 7

Panel 1

Cosmic Boy: I told these delegates from the United Planets that we wouldn't interfere on Lallor! They're currently negotiating to get the Lallorians to pull back and sign a peace treaty...

Sun Boy: Negotiating? With these space-commies? And we're supposed to sit and watch as our fans get beaten for exercising their space-rights? I don't think so!

Panel 2

Delegate Takron: You must make him stop, or there'll be interstellar war!

Cosmic Boy: And if there's war, they'll draft all the young people to fight, just like they always do!

Panel 3

Sun Boy: Look, I don't care what might happen tomorrow! We're the Legion of Super-Heroes. We've got to save people.

Injured Legion Supporter: They... just hit us... they said they knew better... because they were adults...

Panel 4

Cosmic Boy: B-but...

Takron: Child... we forbid you to...

Panel 5

Cosmic Boy: Eat it, Grandpa! Go get 'em, Legionnaires!

Panel 6

(Panel of the Legionnaires in action against the Lallorian troops)

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

PAGE 8

Panel 1

caption: Victory plus one day...

Star Boy: Hello, Invisible Kid! Shadow Lass told me all about your trial by fire on Lallor.

Invisible Kid: People were being hurt and we stopped it. That's what heroes do!

Panel 2

Star Boy: I've seen my share of bad luck during my tenure as a Legionnaire, but I've seen some amazing things also...

Invisible Kid: Like this throng of Legionnaire fans outside our HQ! Why don't we just let them inside?

Panel 3

Star Boy: They're free to come inside whenever they want. They choose not to.

Invisible Kid: *gasp!*

Panel 4

Star Boy: 6 months ago, the Science Police tried to bulldoze our HQ with grav-impact space-bulldozers, which have the power to level moons! Those guys down there stood up, all of them, and formed a human shield around the entire plaza! It was the second most amazing thing you can imagine!

Invisible Kid: What's first?

Panel 5

Star Boy: That they'd do it again if it came to it. Never forget... they're not here because of us. We're here because of them.

Invisible Kid: Long Live the Legion!

END

****And that, my friends, is how they told 30-page stories in 8 pages back in the Silver Age! [Wink]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Hey, Eryk... maybe we should pick an old goofy Silver-Age tale and retell it in "grim-n-gritty" style?

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Mark Waid hates us!

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

We should've kept doing this for the entire series!

I can't believe I had Sun Boy call the adults "Space Commies"!

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Ultra Boy: Stop being so eager to please, pal! You aren’t my help-clone!
Oh hey, I just noticed this again while re-reading the entire run last night.

Where can I get a help-clone? Preferably one of Dream Girl. I'm in dire need of some, uh, 'help.' With stuff...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Is M'LLester intentional? Kind of creepy...
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.