Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts: The Back To School Collection (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts: The Back To School Collection
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Nightwind and Lamprey, before Giffen also. I'm working on solo pictures of each of them, more detailed. I always liked these girls and was suprised they'd be given so much panel time in the comics...
 -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Here's a photomanip I did in 2002...
 -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Joe Boy, absolutely exquisite (or however you spell that word)

Sketch: Crystal Kid made me wet myself, and Lamprey and Nightwind where way over due for such a great rendering.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Laurel Kent sat under her yellow sun booster lamp flicking her flight ring restlessly from hand to hand. The butter smooth light glinted of the 'L' insignia as the ring spun in the air. Any of her fellow students would recognise this mannerism, Laurel was deep in thought. She sat lotus position, her lips pursed and eyes closed as the ring jumped from one hand to the other. The warm light kept her Kryptonian genes activated, her invulnerability was the only surviving trait from her galaxy wide famous anscestor. This one power the only thing that seperated her from any other slender pretty girl.

Laurel continued her daily ritual of soaking up as much yellow star radiation as she could. She had to keep herself in battle readiness at the Academy, her position here depended on it.

She had spent much of this afternoon in the dojo with her normal sparring partner, Jed Rikane. The gentle hulking boy with the incredible molectular structure had initially offended Laurel when he had arrived here, his cocky manner and clumsy gait had not appealed to this diplomats daughter. Before arriving at the Academy she had been brought up believing that one's place in the Galaxy was decided by the work one was prepared to put into life. Jed's aknowledgement that he was here for the fame, girls and good time, casually dismissive of the bloody hard work that most of the other students had exhibitted to get here and maintain their place, was not worthy of a Hero to Laurels point of view. Over the months Jed had slowly opened up to his fellow students showing a generous and sensitive side that was pleasantly surprising. He would still never win any quiz not centred around his own achievements but still Laurel was begining to appreciate her bulky fellow student.

Laurel's thoughts spun away from the ditochomy she saw within Jed's personality. Today's session in the dojo had been hard, brutally hard but it still hadn't helped her clear her mind. She had lost in three bouts to Jed and even he had commented that her mind wasn't on the matches, still she fought him. Behind her normal facade of focus and compassion Laurel was worried. Her greatest fear was dying alone and unloved, being the last of her family, leaving no legacy behind. It would surprise most of her peers if they were to learn that their normally intelligent, good humoured and focussed fellow student had these thoughts. She had long ago realised she would never live up to her famous anscestors legacy. No, this slender girl would never shape galactic events. Still her name alone had brought her many admirers but they would never know the real reason for her gentle rebuttle of attention. Her families physicians had been very stoney faced as they announced the unlikelihood of the Kryptonian DNA surviving another generation if watered down by Terran stock and as there were no Kryptonians left alive for her to fall pregnant by Laurel was to be the last of the Family Kent with abilities beyond the norm.

Laurel had lived with this knowledge for three years now, before her entrance to the Academy. If she was to be the last of her family, she had decided, then she would damn well work to be remembered for something. Initially the Legion had been the perfect vehicle, she thought to achieve some greatness. Two years of training, application, study, sweat and tears later and she was still not close to achieving her goal. Until, that was, she had met him in the Metropolis Dance Zone last night.

He had recognised her immediately and sweetly offered to purchase their drinks and stims for the evening. Laurel smiled, her long blue black hair falling over her blushing cheeks. They had danced until 3am then he had suggested they leave for somewhere more intimate, a Couples Nook could be booked for the rest of the night if she wanted, or perhaps she would like a tour..? He did not show any surprise when she declined his generous offers with polished practice, instead she returned to her room at the Academy. It wasn't until she was pulling her covers up over herself that she realised she may have just been offered a way to save her family. He wasn't intimdated by her famly name, was far from being over shadoweed by her B list celebrity status or political conections. And being a fellow meta with abilities that came from the yellow sun radiation that powered her Kryptonian DNA he might actually be exactly what her family needed if it were to survive as anything above the ordinary.

Would she ever feel comfortable compromising her morals for a chance to give her children a chance at greatness? His infidelity was legendary. He most probably would decline to father children with her, but surely she had to try? Laurel continued to gently throw the Academy flight ring from hand to hand as her thoughts troubled her. All she needed to do was turn the insignia to contact him.

Laurel grabbed the ring in her right hand and flung it with all her strength against her wall.

"Damn it!" She rose and went over to pick up her hard earned flight ring. What could she do? What would her famous anscestor have done?

Laurel returned to her position under the yellow sun booster lamp and absent mindedly continued to toss her ring from hand to hand as her thoughts spun.

Was being with Dirk Morgna, Sun Boy how she really imagined her future would turn out?

[ September 04, 2005, 07:12 AM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KidMarvel (Bunny)
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KidMarvel (Bunny)   Email KidMarvel (Bunny)         Edit/Delete Post     
For Lamprey [Lamprey] I wanted to do something a little more 'creature from the deep'...so I added Gills (not ribs [Razz] ) and scales...her ears are supposed to resemble Sea-shells, but I dont know if they work quite as well as Id hoped: Click for fullsize image

--------------------
And therein lies the game my hard nippled friend

From: Newcastle Australia | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Bravo, Joe, she's awesome, now do [Nightwind]

(I'm just joking, do what want)

--------------------

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Harbinger,
I love how Laurel is conflicted about her status as the last Kryptonian. What *would* one do? Would having children with Sun Boy lengthen her family line? What if she chose a "normal" Earth man? Could some recessive gene spring to the surface?

This is a fascinating topic.

I can't help but wonder how Dev-Em could factor into this tale.

Do you have more planned?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Potent reverie, Belinda, and exactly the kind of thoughts she could have as "the last of her line," from one of my favorite second-tier Legion-milieu characters. ... Manhunter? What's a Manhunter? {rueful smile}
From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Alan's always had a soft spot for Laurel so, even though she'd gone by the time he got me reading the Legion by osmosis I've kind of taken to her as well. I meant this peice to fit into the story where she becomes a Manhunter - only her intentions for getting Dirk alone weren't quite so sinister [Big Grin] Glad you enjoyed it guys, thanks.

Bxx

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Another Laurel Kent. Right after the haircut. Did they have to use krptonite scissors?
 -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Y'know, looking at it posted here, it makes me wish I was "Takes His Time to Ink His Pictures Nicely Lad."

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Pec Boy...I mean...Power Boy...
 -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
[LOL] I think they're amazing Dean!! Good show. ^_^

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

-

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Tempest
Enchantress

These are absolutely marvelous, Dean, but I REALLY LOVE that last Laurel!

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.