Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » OneVision: The Seven Seas!

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OneVision: The Seven Seas!
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Fathom’s Below: Located in the undersea city of Atlantis, this restaurant has become a favorite of Earth’s high society. Catering to a variety of sentient lifeforms, the restaurant offers a number of private environmental dining rooms, all of which boast panoramic views of the city.
Encyclopedia Galactica 3005 Edition

Lady Crujectra sat at her table, looking out the large window. The food was, as usual, excellent, but her mind was elsewhere. It had been three weeks since her exile from Psyonia during the Ggrrgg/Psyonia War, and although her mother had tried to intercede, her father was being stubborn. You just did NOT cross King Hrold. Turning away from the window, she sighed.

“Some Venturian Walking Money for your thoughts, Crujeckie,” Cobalt Kid said, looking across the table at her.

“Sorry, Cobie dear. I guess I’m just a little… distracted.”

“Well, then, we must not be trying hard enough,” Loser Lad said, grinning at her in a decidedly impure way. It had been so nice of Cobalt, Loser, Ultra Matt, Invisible Brainiac, Crusader and Maxx to invite her out for the evening. They had known how down she had been feeling since the falling out with her father. Although she hadn’t said anything, they knew how much losing her royal status had affected her.

Loser Lad stood, and with a gallant bow, offered his hand to Crujectra. “May I have this dance, milady?”

Smiling in spite of herself, Crujectra took the offered hand and let herself be twirled out onto the dance floor. The instant their feet touched the dance floor, the couple were lifted gracefully up into the air, thanks to the dance floor’s anti-gravity controls, which were meant to simulate dancing beneath the ocean’s surface. Loser Lad held her close, and she nuzzled her face in close to his neck, enjoying the strength of his arms and the pleasant scent of his cologne.

Look at “Her Majesty”, girls she heard in her mind as the couple twirled closer to a nearby table.

How far the mighty have fallen another voice snickered in her thoughts.

I didn’t realize that this restaurant allowed the riff-raff to dine here More titters.

Eyes narrowed, she looked up over Loser’s shoulder. There, perhaps ten feet away, sat a small group of self-proclaimed socialites. Although they held no titles, their families commanded moderate fortunes. They were part of the newly rich class who were attempting to saturate the United Planets’ aristocracy. How they were loving Crujectra’s fall from grace.

With a gentle telekinetic nudge, the couple twirled in close enough for discrete conversation.

“Elayne, dear, how lovely to see you,” Crujectra said with as much projected sincerity as she could muster. Elayne nodded imperiously in reply. “I take it that ointment must have cleared up that bothersome little… problem… that’s kept you out of the public eye this week?” Elayne scowled, torn between haughty indifference and the urge to scream.

“And Marte, dear, I’m surprised that you have the energy to go out at all. Is your chauffer on vacation?” Marte, not being torn at all, began to rise from her seat, but was held back by her friends.

Crujectra smiled sweetly, but her eyes held a familiar fire. “If you are going to talk about your betters, ladies, might I suggest a little more discretion? You were broadcasting your thoughts all over the room. Even the least gifted telepath would have picked that up.” With another telekinetic nudge, the couple twirled away.

“Feel better?” Loser Lad asked, holding back his laughter.

“A little,” Crujectra answered, turning her face back into Loser’s neck. “Stupid cows.”

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Suddenly, a klaxon sounded, and the overhead lighting changed from soft white to urgent red. “Warning… warning… unknown objects approaching… brace for impact… brace for impact…”

The anti-gravity field quickly shut down, and the dancing couples were lowered to the floor. The other Legionnaires raced out onto the dance floor, and as one they looked up to the plexiglass ceiling. There… they could just make out seven small shapes… growing larger by the second. Before they could react, the objects stuck. Plexiglass exploded downward onto the dance floor, followed by hundreds of gallons of water.

Moving in unison, the Legionnaires took action. Crujectra and Crusader reached out, telekinetically pushing a group of dancers off the dance floor and into the nearest private dining room. Moving at ultra-speed, Ultra Matt moved another group into a second dining room. Suddenly, force fields closed off the dining rooms from the dance floor. Reaching upward, Invisible Brainiac closed off the broken parts of the ceiling with solid light. Casting a transmutation spell, Maxx transformed the light barrier into solid inertron.

No longer in danger of drowning, the heroes looked toward the center of the dance floor. There stood seven figures, each one dressed in aquatic styles. The woman in front was tall, with eight tentacles instead of arms. Her lowcut outfit left little to the imagination. “Lissen up, upworlders! It’s time for the undersea citizens of Earth to take back what’s ours. I am… Octopussy!”

The enormous man beside her, dressed in black and white, said, “I am… Orca!”

Next came the woman with little fingers all over her skin. “I am… Jelly-Belly!”

The man with the large, hammer-shaped head said, “I am… Hammerhead!”

A large woman with huge, razor-sharp teeth said, “I am… Great White!”

A tall, thin man said, “I am… Moray!”

And finally, the woman in back wearing a costume of swirling blues and greens said, “And I am… Sue Nahmie! We are… The Seven Seas!”

As one, the Seven Seas struck a dramatic pose, waiting for what they were sure would be an awestruck reaction.

The Legionnaires, however, did not look impressed.

“Uhhhh… charmed, I’m sure,” Crujectra said, arms crossed beneath her ample cleavage.

“Charmed, nothing, Legionnaire!” Octopussy screamed. “You’re about to be dead!”

Loser Lad sighed. “If I had a nickel for every time I’ve heard that…”

“You’d be me, Loser dear,” Crujectra smiled.

“Seven Seas… ATTACK!”

As one, the villains rushed forward. Without missing a beat, the Legionnaires leaped into action.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Ultra Matt met up with Orca, who it seemed had superhuman strength. U-Matt shifted to Ultra-Invulnerability to receive the first blow, which sent him flying backward against a nearby force field barrier. The patrons behind it gasped as the walls shook. Shifting to Ultra-Strength, he dove forward to return the blow.

Cobalt Kid went up against the villains’ leader, Octopussy. The villain darted aside to avoid the metal trays Cobalt was catapulting at her, and them, without warning, she pounced on top of him. She wrapped legs and tentacles around him, pinning his arms to his side. “Octopussy, huh?” he asked, smiling up at the villain. “Y’know, normally I would find being pinned like this to be something of a turn-on…”

Crusader and Maxx took on Hammerhead and Moray. Maxx hastily erected a mystic barrier to hold off Hammerhead, who began ramming the field with his head, trying to break through. Crusader, meanwhile, threw a punch at Moray, who barely ducked around it. He did succeed, however, in grabbing the young telepath’s wrist, which is when Crusader learned what Moray’s power was. “Holy crap on a stick!” he yelled, as electrical current raced through his body.

Loser Lad faced off against Jelly-Belly. Casting a hand out before him, Loser brought forth the Loser Force, altering the probabilities and causing Jelly-Belly to slip and fall on a particularly well-waxed bit of dance floor. Unfortunately, as she fell, she managed to kick out and knock Loser’s legs out from under him. She reached out and touched his leg, and her touch stung him, and he found his legs beginning to numb. “Why… are… women… always… my… weakness…?”

Invisible Brainiac struggled against Great White, whose razor-sharp jaws kept snapping, trying to bite his head off. I-B could barely be seen beneath Great White’s enormous bulk. “Get… off… me… you… big… “ His eyes glowed brightly before twin beams of light shot outward, catching the villain directly in the face.

Nearby, Lady Crujectra tried to maintain her telekinetic shield as Sue Nahmie hammered against it with the waves of water she was creating. “Not such a big shot without your crown, are you princesssss?” Sue Nahmie cackled, sending the water spinning around the heroine. “I knew that you were all hype.”

Suddenly, the cocoon of water blasted outward, showering Sue Nahmie and hurling her backward. Crujectra stood silently, hair dripping with water. She reached out with her mind, bringing the Legionnaires into a mental rapport. With a silent battle plan passed along, the heroes went into action.

--------------------

Spellbinder
Founder

Loser Lad turned from Jelly-Belly and reached out a trembling hand. With enormous effort, he unleashed the Loser Force on Great White, just as she was about to sink her teeth into Invisible Brainiac’s arm. Acting quickly, I-B erected a light shield around his forearm. When she bite down on it, the Loser Force took effect, and her teeth all broke out of her gums. Great White howled in pain, and Invisible Brainiac knocked her backward with a hardlight battering ram.

Crujectra stood still as Sue Nahmie raised her hands to send more torrents of water at her. As the water was unleashed, Crusader telekinetically hurled Moray into the water’s path. Water and electricity being what they are, the backlash to both villains was… impressive.

Maxx ducked around Hammerhead and cast a repulsion spell on Jelly-Belly, hurling her backward against Octopussy. Suddenly going numb, Octopussy’s tentacles slid down off Cobalt Kid. Reaching out with his magnetism, Cobalt torn metal railings from around the dance floor and fashioned a cage to hold the two women.

Ultra Matt switched to Ultra-Speed to flash across the room and grab Hammerhead. Switching back to Ultra-Strength, he used the villain as a sledge hammer against Orca, pummeling him into unconsciousness as the other Legionnaires contained the fallen villains.

The Science Police arrived shortly to transport the captured villains to Takron-Galtos. The Legionnaires helped evacuate the patrons to safety after the force field barriers were dropped. Then, they stood together in the Transmatter Bay just outside the restaurant.

“Sorry that your evening was spoiled, Crujeckie,” Loser Lad said as the former princess towel dried her long blonde tresses. His legs were slowly regaining feeling, but Ultra Matt and Crusader were helping him walk it off.

“Actually, Loser dear, I think the Seven Seas did me some good. I realized that being a princess was a large part of my life, but that’s not all I am. I refuse to be defined by my crown.” She smiled at the men in her life. “I may not be daddy’s little girl anymore, but that’s fine. I am Crujectra of Psyonia, and no one can take that away from me.”

“That’s enough for us, Jeckie,” Cobalt Kid said, putting an arm around her shoulders. “Now what say we move this party back to Legion Plaza? I hear there’s a couple of kegs of Silverale just itching to be drunk in Faraway’s quarters. He’ll never even miss it.” With a wink, Cobalt led the group of friends toward the transmatter platform.

--------------------

Spellbinder
Founder

And that's it! Kinda short, but I really didn't have much to say [Smile]

Hope you enjoy! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
I do love the way you write.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Thanks. To be honest, I'm not really a fan of my writing [Smile]

Originally I had wanted to call the villains "Ocean's Eleven," but I had a hard enough time coming up with enough names to round out The Seven Seas [Wink]

I always feel that my stories rush along too much, especially when I'm writing fight scenes. I just have trouble drawing out the blow by blows.

Oh well... you're always your own worst critic, I guess [Smile]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I for one loved it! You have a very easy way of writing that makes the story flow very smoothly.

Can't wait for more!

I really like the idea for Fathom's Below too--little tidbits like that make it so much more fun!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Great Story, Princess! Oops, I mean M'Lady Crujectra.

But why no mention of your new abode?

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

I haven't picked out the right trailer park yet [Big Grin]

--------------------

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Fight scenes are so visual that I believe when writing about them, I'd rather keep them simple. Add a little description but keep it short, it adds to the pace, a fight shouldn't go really slow, you know...am I making any sense?

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Can't believe I didn't see this until now! Great job, Cru [Big Grin] This was a fun read, and I could really picture the whole thing in my mind.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.