Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » OneVision: Enter The Nanobots (Image Added 11/11/05) (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: OneVision: Enter The Nanobots (Image Added 11/11/05)
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
 -

Okay, so this is something I worked on over the weekend. I'll post a pdf here if you wanna read the story all in one shot, or keep reading and I'll post it in sections below.

Hope you likey!

[ November 11, 2005, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Spellbinder ]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Enter: The Nanobots!

They couldn’t remember the last time they had enjoyed an evening alone together. And tonight was the perfect night: warm breeze blowing in off the ocean, the night sky filled with stars, and the couple walking hand in hand along the beach.

Tonight, they weren’t Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl of the Legion of Message Board Posters, the galaxy’s foremost organization of costumed crimefighters.

They were just Scott and Caroline… friends… lovers… soulmates.

They stopped walking and melted together in a gentle embrace. Life had been so hectic lately, their attention pulled in many directions. Tonight, however, it was just the two of them, celebrating their love… their anniversary.

“Have I told you lately how beautiful you are?” Scott asked quietly, amazed by the starlight reflected in his wife’s eyes as they turned toward him.

“Every time you look at me, love,” she replied, and turned in his arms to bring her lips closer to his.

She wasn’t sure what it was that alerted her to the danger. It wasn’t her telepathy, because they had no thoughts to betray them. It wasn’t the noise of their approach, since they were as silent as death. Maybe it was just woman’s intuition that made her open her eyes and break their lovers’ embrace in time to see them.

Whatever it was, it probably saved their lives.

“Scott! Look out!”

Spinning away from each other, the couple took defensive stances a few feet away from each other. Dark shapes were emerging from the shadows: tall, definitely feminine figures dressed all in black; glowing circuitry creating a patchwork across their bodies; faces framed by blonde hair, featureless except for glowing, soulless eyes.

“Scott, I can’t detect any thoughts from them.”

“Androids, perhaps?”

Suddenly, Saturn Girl was grabbed from behind by a pair of figures that had crept up behind them. “NO!” she yelled, twisting to try to break her attackers’ iron grip on her arms. Unable to break free, she willed her flight ring into action, and rose up from the sand, pulling her would-be captors up with her.

Lightning Lad gestured upward, a look of grim determination on his face. Suddenly twin bolts of lightning blasted upward from his outstretched hands, and with phenomenal precision the bolts struck Saturn Girl’s attackers. The two figures shook violently as the lightning hit them, and finally they released their grip and dropped to the sand, immobile.

The other figures stopped their approach for a moment, standing still as though lost in thought. Then, they began their advance once again. Turning back to face them, Lightning Lad cast more lightning bolts. However, this time the bolts hit an invisible barrier less than an inch away from his targets. The lightning sizzled along the barrier for an instant, as though trying to find some way through to their mark. Then, the lightning faded away as though absorbed.

“Uh oh,” Lightning Lad said as the figures resumed their advance.

“Scott, your flight ring! Get away from them!”

Willing his flight ring into action, Lightning Lad rose up to join his wife above the beach. Once again, the figures stopped as though in thought. Then, suddenly, they too rose up into the air.

“It’s as though they’re… adapting themselves… countering everything we do,” Saturn Girl said incredulously.

“Caroline, we have to get help.” Bringing his flight ring up close to his mouth, Lightning Lad prepared to activate the ring’s communicator. Before he could speak, however, the floating figures fired at the couple. Each was struck by a small dart, and immediately their vision began to cloud. “Tranq… darts…”

The two heroes began to drift downward, struggling to hold on to consciousness. Saturn Girl tried to marshall her thoughts, attempting to send out a telepathic cry for help, but before she could do so, the world faded from view. As one, the Legionnaires fell to the sand, unconscious.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Shadowplay In Candlelight loved this more than almost anything in the world. Every Saturday evening, she could be found in the children’s wing of the Legion World Medical Megaplex, visiting with the sick youngsters. Sometimes it was to play, other times it was to read. Mostly, however, it was to soothe. For a few short hours, she was able to use her powers to alleviate their pain and afford the children some peace. She had been doing this like clockwork for years, and it was something that both broke her heart and filled her heart to overflowing, all at once.

“Read us another story, Miss Shady!” the children cried in unison, barely moments after she had finished the last story. Shadowplay smiled, letting the love in her heart wash over the children, wrapping them in blankets of warmth and affection.

“Now, now, my little loves, you know the rules. I’m only allowed to stay with you for a few hours, and then it’s back off to bed with you. You mustn’t get overtired.”

Not allowing herself to be distracted by the looks of disappointment on their faces, she stood up, ready to usher the youngsters back to their rooms. If they had their way, she would never leave. Truth be known, of course, nothing would have given her greater pleasure. They gave as much to her as she did to them.

As the nurses arrived to help the children from the visitors lounge, Shadowplay stretched out her back. Goodness, she thought. I am getting too old to be sitting on these beanbag chairs. She smiled as the children stopped to give her hugs and kisses before leaving. The smile left her face as she felt something tugging at the corners of her mind.

Distress… fear… pain…

“Keep the children here a moment longer,” she warned, stepping past the line of children to exit out into the corridor. Reaching out with her empathic senses, she felt it: something was coming… something that was scaring the hospital staff and patients. Rushing down the hall, she turned the corner and quickly halted.

Three feminine figures were coming down the hall toward her, leaving a trail of destruction behind them. Orderlies were lying unmoving on the floor, and nurses stood in doorways, trying desperately to protect the patients lying helpless behind them. The figures, however, seemed to pay little attention to the other sentients in the hospital. They seemed focused on one thing: Shadowplay in Candlelight herself.

She let her senses flow over the women, but she had an idea that it was pointless. They were constructs of some kind. There were no minds for her empathy to affect. Her powers wouldn’t be effective here. As she raised her flight ring to her mouth, the women stopped, each one raising a hand to point toward her.

“Shadowplay in Candlelight to LMBP Plaza,” she said quickly into the ring’s communicator. “LMBP Plaza, can you read me?” The static she received was her only reply. The robots must be jamming the radio signal somehow. She was alone.

The robots resumed their approach, arms still extended. She had to get out of here… lure the robots out of the hospital before someone else got hurt. Looking frantically from side to side, she spotted an “EXIT” sign just down the corridor to her left. Stepping sideways so that she could keep and eye on them, she moved toward the door. Confident that the robots were following, she hurried through the doorway .

Just beyond the door were three pneumatic tubes. These tubes provided anti-gravity access to the other levels of the hospital. Stepping into the central tube, she clearly spoke the words, “Rooftop access.” Suddenly, she began to rise upwards. Looking down, she saw one of the women step into the lift and begin to rise after her. She kept glancing down, but only one of the robots appeared to be following her.

Where are the other two?

A crash from above drew her attention. She looked up, and her breath caught in her throat. The other two robots had taken the remaining two lifts, and somehow had gotten past her. They had broken through to the central lift, and were now blocking her escape.

She was trapped!

--------------------

Spellbinder
Founder

Nightcrawler stood in the Mission Monitor Room, eyes focused on the displays before him. Holographic symbols floated in the air before him, each one representing a LMBPer. His three-fingered hands danced across a control console which had been specially-designed for him, and at his command one of the symbols glowed to life, and a text box appeared next to it:

Subject: Spellbinder
Last Known Location: Swan Memorial Highway
Current Location: Unknown

The frown on Nightcrawler’s face deepened as his fingers issued another command. The text box disappeared, and the symbol moved across the holographic display, coming to rest at the bottom of a list of symbols.

Saturn Girl
Lightning Lad
Shadowplay In Candlelight
Lash Lad
Cobalt Kid
Spellbinder

Each Legionnaire had disappeared suddenly in the last three hours, and each time eye witness reports said the same thing. Robotic women were seen just prior to the disappearances. There was nothing in the database that came close to the descriptions given. If there was a former LMBP villain behind the disappearances, it was a completely new tactic.

He pressed another series of button on the console before him, and a text box appeared before him. Just as he suspected: this particular group of LMBPers had never been on the same mission team at the same time. That ruled out revenge by someone they had brought to justice.

If it wasn’t revenge, then what was the connection between those who had been captured?

Suddenly, the air before him became hazy, and shimmering figures began to appear. Shimmering, circuitry-covered figures. As the figures solidified, the alarms began to sound, and the voice of the computerized security system began. “Warning! Warning! Intruder alert, Mission Monitor Room! Security teams to Mission Monitor Room!”

How on earth had they gotten in? LMBP Plaza featured special shielding that operated on rotating harmonics to prevent teleportation into and out of the compound. Even he couldn’t teleport beyond the outer walls of the property. Not that it really mattered at this point, but if he made it through this, he would definitely bring the matter up to Reboot.

Pressing a button on the console, he said, “Attention, all personnel! This is a general alarm to all Legionnaires! Plaza Security has been compromised! All Legionnaires return to Legion World immediately!”
Suddenly, tranq darts were shooting out at him. Seconds before they struck, however, he was gone in a flash of light and brimstone. BAMF! He reappeared across the room. “Computer, scramble all security codes by my command: Nightcrawler-LWF-001.”

“Voice match confirmed. Security Code Nightcrawler-LWF-001 accepted.”

Confident that the robots wouldn’t be able to break into the Plaza’s computers and security protocols, Nightcrawler turned his attention to the intruders. Eyes narrowed, he saw them gesture at him. Thinking that they were about to attack again, he tried to teleport. Nothing. What the…? How can they be jamming my teleportation powers?

Luckily, teleportation was only one of his talents. Bursting into action, Nightcrawler began to run along the wall of the Mission Monitor Room. As one of the women moved to intercept him, he leaped upward. Sticking to the wall as though his body was covered in microscopic suction cups, he scaled the wall above the intruder. His long, prehensile tail lashed out, wrapping around the robot’s neck. With adept muscle control, Nightcrawler lifted the intruder off the floor and tossed her across the room.

Nightcrawler leaped from the wall to avoid a second intruder, who had crawled along the wall just as he had done. “Hey! No fair using my powers! Get your own!” He somersaulted over the head of the third intruder. He crouched in the center of the room, gaze shifting to take in the locations of the intruders. They were spaced out across the room, forming the points of a triangle around him. The figures stood still for an instant, and then they raised their arms toward each other.

Suddenly, a force field appeared around Nightcrawler, forming an energy dome above him that stretched out to just within the confines of the invisible triangle. Then the field began to contract, coming closer and closer to him at an alarming rate. Blast it… where is the security crew?

When the field was mere inches from him, it stopped contracting. The intruders moved forward to stand just outside the field. Then, each lay a hand upon the field, and suddenly electricity shot around inside it. Nightcrawler screamed out in anger and pain as the power surged through him. His screams ended when he collapsed into unconsciousness. The electrical surge ended, and then the three figures and their captive began to shimmer and fade, just as the Mission Monitor Room doors opened and the Plaza Security team rushed into the room.

--------------------

Spellbinder
Founder

Spellbinder slowly opened her eyes, wincing against the bright lights overhead. Her whole body ached, and she was torn between the decision of getting up or just laying there. Maybe just for a few more minutes? She felt a gentle hand behind her head, supporting it as another hand slid behind her back, easing her up. Apparently the decision was being made for her. Torn between annoyance and gratitude, she opened her eyes again.

“Cobie?”

“Easy, Crujeckie. Give yourself a few minutes to adjust. I’m not sure how long you’ve been out, but you aren’t going anywhere fast, so take your time.”

Eyes narrowed against the light, Spellbinder slowly looked around. There were six LMBPers there with her: Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl sat together on the floor, backs against the far wall; Lash Lad appeared to be helping Shadowplay In Candlelight in much the same way that Cobalt Kid was helping her; Nightcrawler stood with his back to them, apparently studying an energy grid that blocked the only way out of their… cell?

“You know, I’m getting tired of waking up in prison. Who’s writing this story, anyways? I feel like Adrienne Barbeau.”

“Who?”

“Never mind, Cobie dear. Nobody else remembers her either.” With Cobalt Kid’s help, the Psyonian noble got to her feet. Shaky, but workable. “Does anyone have any idea what’s going on?”

Lightning Lad looked up. “No clues so far. The energy grid is preventing up from getting out of this cell, and it would appear that there is some sort of inhibitor field around us, keeping our powers locked up. There are robot guards in the room beyond the grid, but so far they haven’t said a word.”

Saturn Girl looked down at her hands, which were now adorned only by her wedding rings. “They must have taken our flight rings while we were unconscious, although I don’t know where they think we’re going to go inside this cell.”

“Lash, is Shady all right?”

“I’ll be fine, Crujectra dear,” the empathy replied as Lash Lad helped her to sit back against the wall. “I’ll have to remember to complain about the accommodations, however. I think a chair or two wouldn’t be too much to ask. I’m getting too old to sleep on the floor.”

Nightcrawler turned from energy grid. “Look alive, Legionnaires. There’s something coming… something big.”

The LMBPers got to their feet and joined Nightcrawler before the energy grid. The room beyond was plain, with no real furnishings. The walls were lined with blonde robots, and directly across the room from them was an open doorway. In the hall beyond they could see a huge figure moving toward them.

The figure moved into the light: it was much larger than the robots, and where they were featureless black, this one was shiny and golden. It was hard at first to determine whether it was battle armor or robot, at least until you got to its face. It had a humanoid face, although it was obviously made of metal. And there was an intelligence in it’s features that spoke of sentience. There was more to this being than met the eye.

“Greetings, LMBP. I trust you’ve been enjoying my hospitality?”

“Oh yeah,” Lash Lad said, his voice dripping with sarcasm. “I guess you were all out of ditches to toss us into?”

“Lash…” Nightcrawler warned.

“Well, dear LMBP, I just figured I should show you all the hospitality and kindness that you showed me. You do, of course, remember me?”

He was met with seven blank faces.

“Come now, Legionnaires. I know that it’s been a year, but I know I must have made an impression.”

Still blank faces. And Cobalt Kid apparently had a itch.

Metallic features shifted into an annoyed scowl. “I can’t freaking believe this! How can none of you remember me?”

“Maybe a hint would help,” Shadowplay offered.

The armored figure drew himself up to his full height and said, “I… am Stan Biercht!”

The Legionnaires looked at each other, but apparently no one had a clue. Stan looked at them, crestfallen. “C’mon…” he whined. “Stan Biercht… the Nano Tech!” Still blank faces.

“Maybe another hint would help,” Lash Lad suggested helpfully.

Stan started pacing back and forth, his footsteps clanging noisily against the floor tiles. “Man, I can’t believe this! I captured the Legion of Message Board Posters to have my revenge, and they can’t even remember who I am!” He stopped pacing and turned back to face the imprisoned heroes. “Maybe this will help.”

Suddenly, the front of Stan’s armor began to shift, flowing like metallic water. The armor peeled back to reveal a short, balding man. Thick black glasses were perched atop a large nose, and a big Adam’s apple protruded from a thin chicken neck. He wore a jumpsuit that seemed to strain over a pot belly, and sagged in all the wrong places.

“Hey!” Cobalt Kid shouted. “I remember you now!”

“You do?” Stan asked hopefully.

“You do?” echoed the other Legionnaires.

“C’mon, guys,” Cobalt Kid said, staring at his friends incredulously. “How do you forget a face like that?”

The armored shimmered and flowed back over Stan, covering the scowl that was on his face. “Stupid LMBP! I can’t believe I ever tried to join you!”

“Now I remember you,” Nightcrawler said, snapping the fingers on his right hand. “You applied for membership a year ago, when the seven of us were serving on the Membership Committee. You had developed some kind of nano technology that you could somehow control mentally. You weren’t wearing armor at the time, though.”

“Exactly, Legionnaire. I offered my remarkable nano technology to the LMBP, but you refused my offer and sent me away in disgrace.”

“If I remember correctly,” Nightcrawler said evenly, “your nanites got out of control and threatened to devour the Outpost. If it hadn’t been for Reboot, you might have literally eaten us out of house and home.”

“Bah! A minor mishap! I was nervous, that’s all. But I wasn’t good enough for the mighty LMBP. I left you in shame, but I vowed to have my revenge on you. So I’ve spent the last year developing my Nanobots. They have the ability to analyze your powers, and using my remarkable nanobyte technology, they can generate any device necessary to counteract them.

“I also developed my own suit of nano armor, which I can link into and use to control my beautiful androids. With it, I am no longer just Stan, the Nano Tech. Now, I am… Stanobot!” With that, he struck a dramatic pose.

Spellbinder turned to look at her teammates. “Seriously, who is writing this crap? Why is it that all of our villains feel like rejects from the Legion of Substitute-Villains?” The other heroes just shook their heads and sighed.

“And now, I will leave you alone for a few minutes to agonize over your doom before delivering my Final Blow!” With that, Stanobot turned and left the room.

Lightning Lad turned to face his teammates. “Okay, so does anyone have anything remotely resembling a plan?”

“Well, first things first we need to get out of this cell.” Nightcrawler looked over his shoulder to the outer door across the room. “Those seem to be the controls on the wall beside the door. In theory, once we’re out of the cell, our powers will return.”

“Any ideas on how to access the control panel, Gary?” Saturn Girl asked. “We don’t have anything long enough in the cell to reach them.”

“Oh, I don’t know about that…” Cobalt Kid said, a wolfish grin on his face.

“I wouldn’t get it too close to the energy grid, Cobie,” Lash Lad replied with a smirk. “You might get a nasty burn.”

Nightcrawler rolled his eyes. It was amazing sometimes that the LMBP was as effective as it was. Reaching out, he plucked one of the metallic discs from the chest of Cobalt Kid’s costume. “Leave the energy grid to me.”

Spellbinder looked at the robots lining the room. “So what do we do about the Bimbots?”

Shadowplay In Candlelight crossed her arms and leaned back against the wall. “We’re definitely going to have to keep them too busy to set up an inhibitor field.”

Cobalt Kid nodded. “And our powers aren’t going to work on them. They’ve already analyzed our abilities and have countermeasures worked out.”
Lightning Lad knit his brow in concentration. “Our powers won’t work on them directly… but what about using our powers on their environment?”

Spellbinder turned back to face her teammates. “That could work. What about the Geek Lord? He’s bound to come running when the fireworks start.”

“Stanobot is up to us, Lady Crujectra,” Saturn Girl said. “Our telepathy was ineffective against the Nanobots, but Stan has a brain we can contact. Shut down Stanobot, and the Nanobots won’t be far behind.”

Cobalt Kid clapped his hands. “You know, that’s more of a plan than we usually have! This might just work!”

--------------------

Spellbinder
Founder

Nightcrawler stepped up to the energy grid, the other Legionnaires spaced out behind him. Holding the metallic disc up between two fingers, he brought his tail around to grab it. He focused his eyes on the control console across the room. He would only get one shot at this, but one shot was all he’d need. The LMBP were all trained in the use of their powers, but part of Nightcrawler’s power was his body itself. Acrobatics wasn’t the only thing he was trained in.

In one fluid motion, Nightcrawler snaked his tail through the energy grid, whipped it around and hurled the metallic disc across the room. With a precision that even the best marksman would envy, the disc struck it’s target and the energy field dissolved. “LMBP, go!”

As one, the heroes rushed out into the room. As soon as they left the cell, they could feel their powers returning. Arms stretched outward, Lightning Lad unleashed a flurry of lightning bolts at the ceiling. Debris rained down upon the Nanobots, most of which were able to avoid the avalanche. That was fine, however, for Lightning Lad had achieved his primary goal: the LMBP now had ammunition.

Lash Lad reached within himself and brought his power into play. Suddenly, long energy whips uncoiled from his hands. With the skills of a master, he used the whips to snag two large pieces of debris from the floor. Whipping the debris around, he launched the rubble directly into the face of the nearest Nanobot. He smiled at the satisfying dent that appeared where the robot’s face should have been. The robot twitched once before falling to the floor.

Nightcrawler disappeared in s cloud of smoke. BAMF! He reappeared behind one of the Nanobots. Before she could react, he grabbed her arms and BAMF! They disappeared. They reappeared across the room. Well, technically, Nightcrawler reappeared, standing next to the wall. The Nanobot had reappeared within the wall, and only one arm and a leg was visible, sticking out of the steel. Spinning around, Nightcrawler ran up the side of the wall, keeping in motion.

Cobalt Kid reached out with his magnetism, grabbing as much of the metallic debris as he could. Fists clenched and teeth gritted in determination, he lifted the debris from the ground. Round and round the debris soared, like a wild hurricane of metal. The debris plowed into the Nanobots, absorbing a group of them into it’s fury. When the whirlwind stopped, the broken bodies of the Nanobots fell to the ground.

Shadowplay in Candlelight knelt down to pick up two small pieces of debris as one of the Nanobots advanced on her. The robot gestured toward her and suddenly a tranq dart shot out at the heroine. Shadowplay spun to the side as the dart flew just past her, then she quickly advanced on the robot. “My empathic powers might be wasted on you, dear,” she said, throwing a punch at the robot’s face, “but that doesn’t mean I’m powerless.” Using the debris as makeshift brass knuckles, the usually passive LMBPer showed the robot that even an empathy can fight dirty when she has to.

Saturn Girl and Spellbinder rushed from the room in search of the Stanobot. They found him just down the corridor, already on his way toward the fight. “How did… where are… what the…”

“Very witty repartee, Stanley,” Spellbinder said, throwing her arms out before her. A telekinetic pulse surged down the corridor, sending the startled villain flying back against the wall. “Caroline, I won’t be able to hold him long…”

“Trust me, Crujectra. This won’t take long.” Fists pressed against her temples, Saturn Girl let her mind burst free from her head, shooting down the hall and toward the villain. Usually one to use her power with the graceful finesse of a dancer, Saturn Girl knew that she didn’t have that luxury now. With the force of a battery ram, she let her mind blast into Stanobot’s thoughts.

I’ve never been in a mind like this before. So… alien… so unnatural… With the skill of a surgeon, Saturn Girl sifted through the chambers of Stanobot’s mind, severing his links to his robotic systems like a scalpel. She could hear his whimpers of futile anger as she shut down his battlesuit. Tears streamed down her face as she closed down his sensory pathways, doing what must be done to stop him. Only when psychic barriers closed off his mind did she allow herself to withdraw from his mind.

“Caroline? Honey?”

Saturn Girl turned away from the vegetative form of the Stanobot and allowed her husband to draw her into a tender embrace. “I’m all right, Scott… honestly. And really, Stan is all right, too. I didn’t hurt him, but I closed his mind off so that he couldn’t communicate with his robots. Once he’s safely in custody I can remove the barriers. It’s just not a very… pleasant… thing to do to someone.”

Spellbinder turned to look at Lightning Lad. “Are the Nanobots defeated?”

“Yeah. We had pretty much stopped them, but Caroline sealed the deal.”

The three heroes moved back into the prison room, where the other Legionnaires were cleaning things up. They had pulled the fallen robots into a pile, and Cobalt Kid had pulled sheets of metal from the walls to magnetically wrap them up… just in case. To be on the safe side, Spellbinder sent out a telepathic distress call while they searched for their flight rings.

[ November 09, 2005, 08:36 AM: Message edited by: Spellbinder ]

--------------------

Spellbinder
Founder

EPILOGUE

Although technically not their anniversary any longer, Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl walked the beach once more, arm in arm in the romantic moonlight. Anniversaries come but once a year, but love is something that can be celebrated every day of your life. And that’s just what their marriage was: a daily celebration… of love.

--------------------

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
:claps: Wow. That was a great adventure! We sure make a nice team. Maybe we should consider becoming a publishing company with all of the talent around here.

Michael, thanks for writing such a cool Nightcrawler! Very nicely done! [Smile]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Glad you enjoyed it, Nighty.

Originally I had planned for the Nanobots to be called Hounds, and be cloaked robots (which was a concept I toyed with about 15 years ago with my group, The New Crusaders). They were supposed to be like bite-sized Sentinels. However, having them as male inspired robots made me think they might seem too OMAC Projecty, so I opted to shift them to a FemBot kinda thing, which actually worked better when I fleshed out the main villain of the story. After all, if you are a big geek and you're gonna build a better robot, wouldn't you wanna make them into female robots with big hooters? [Wink]

I wanted to try my hand at different characters this time, so I decided to bring a few LMBP/LW veterans into it.

Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl were my first choice, and I decided to use this story to take a glimpse into their love story.

Nighty was my next choice, since I like him [Big Grin] and didn't really remember him being used in a OneVision before.

Shadowplay In Candlelight was picked for two reasons: 1) she's someone who has an important place in the hearts of many longtime LMBPers; and 2) her powers who be of no use against the robots, so I would have to find another way for her to fight back.

I had written Lash before, and since I seemed to be going the oldtimer route, I decided to add some more LMBP founders to my list.

Cobie and Spellbinder? Well... it just wouldn't be a CruVision without them [Wink]

I did try to give the bulk of the limelight to the characters I hadn't really spotlighted before, hence the scenes with Scott, Caroline, Shady and Gary. I tried to keep the rest of the characters as more supporting this time around.

Anyhoo... that's my creative process for this one! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
[Love] [smooch] [Hug]

Just great Michael!

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Glad you liked it, Scotty!

--------------------

Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
Enjoyed your story, Princess. Thanks for sharing.
From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Just finally read this Cru! I loved it, another great story. Each post flows right into the next one and it was really great seeing Scott, Caroline and Nighty shine.

And I love the lines you give Cobie [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, and I don't be surprised to see Stanobot show up again soon [Big Grin] ...
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

He'll make a stellar addition to the Legion of Misfit Villains. He and the Bannata Commando [Wink]

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.