Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » MEL&LSH Fan Art (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: MEL&LSH Fan Art
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
There are some GREAT characters in Lash and EDE's series, so of course I was inspired to sketch. I figured they've moved on from the vertical stripe uniforms with the utility belts. Their outfits are individual choices. One trend I'm depicting...facial art. Almost all of the girls have some decoration on their head of some sort.

I kinda wish I drew them smaller in order to show whole designs. I'll have to add that later I guess!

I'll start with just a few and I'll add more as I create them....

[ February 16, 2006, 12:58 AM: Message edited by: Sketch Lad ]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

First, Nightwind. I've taken elements from the various looks we've seen in the books and plut them into this design....
[IMG]  - [/IMG]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Calorie Queen...
More than all the other drawings, I wish I'd drawn her whole figure....
[IMG]  - [/IMG]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

LOVE the Battling Blondes of MEL&LSH!
Thunder doesn't get much of a change. If I may say so, I LOVE Andy's design. Imagine her in her white cuffed booties at the end of *those legs*.
[IMG]  - [/IMG]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Dreamer...

In the story, there are references to her beauty, her eeriness and her Khund training. So basically, I've styled her to look like the Khund women we've seen in the books. I've drawn Glorith looking a lot like this, in the past. I don't know if I ever shared that picture. I'm sure it's buried though...

Anyway, I also think that Nura would try many different looks on, since she's always awake. So, I imagine her being in something different whenever it fits into the story.
[IMG]  - [/IMG]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Lessee...there are some problems with this group shot....

1.Dreamer, though enchanting, doesn't have that eerie, Khundish quality.

2.Andromeda has her short haired look. That look won't do for this series!

3.I didn't use a reference for Storm Boy or Insect Queen, so details aren't quite right on them.

4.Nightwind is close to being how I want her to look, but not all the way there.

5. I didn't use reference for Athramites, so I know that Sensory Lad is way off...

6. I pretty much put Tenzil in his preboot outfit. Not sure about that.

I'm pretty happy with Lester and Dirk and Taryn.

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I love girl facial art since Dazzler. Plus to me it's a 80's comic trend. [Smile] I love the 80s!

Great art Sketch!

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
ohmiGAWD, those are H-O-T!

Love Thunder's whole "talk to the hand, sister" pose with Andromeda.

I'll agree that Dreamer, who never sleeps, is going to look different from arc-to-arc/story. This sort of thing (lack of sleeping and extra hours in the day every day)is bound to have an effect on physical appearance.

Taryn's GORGEOUS in blue!

And Nightwind is stunning! IMO, you can't have a kewl-looking wind-based heroine without her having tons of billowy hair for special effects!

The group shot is fab! Love Dreamer's floaty pose. Our Storm Boy is the one from the old Super-Companions story, so he wouldn't be wearing glasses-- unless he's emulating everyone's favorite team-leader, and wearing Umbra 3000 sunglasses that is. I'll bet that's what he's doing!

Lester! Dirk! Insect Queen! Tenzil! Oh, perfect!!!!

[Love] Thanks, Dean! Keep reading and Eryk and I will keep trying to inspre you to draw more from MEL & LSH!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Yay! It'll help to have these visual designs to keep in mind while were writing.

And I love them all! You've captured the characters incredibly!

I can't wait to see what you'd do with some of the other folks, like the new female Nemesis Kid and Blast Off, or with the updated Murdermaton!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Glad you guys like! I've done sketches of Drura and Nemesis Kid, but they're not that great.

I want to do a picture of EVERYONE in the story, but some of them require reference.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow Dean, these are all fantastic! Really like the Nightwind one you posted first, and the post-Khund-training Nura! [Smile]

Keep 'em coming!

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Classics, or soon to be! They're all great, but Taryn is my favourite. She looks so capable. Nura looks pretty scary, which is good.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
great pictures as always Dean !!

love that redesigned costume on LAUREL !!

keep them coming ......

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm found of the Nightwind!

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
With Dean turning heads in his new MODEL threads, and me trying to needle EDE into returning to MEL&tLSH scripting, now seems the time to bump this thread chick-full of awesome Dean Lee designs!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.