Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMBP/New Crusaders OneVision (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: LMBP/New Crusaders OneVision
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
As the LMBP Historian, I thought you of all people would appreciate some of the LMBPers that joined in the final assault, such as MightyFanBoyMan, Seahorse and Duplicate Man. I could have elaborated more on them, but decided to just pull a George Perez and throw as many LMBPers as I could into a couple of "panels" [Smile]

Sigh. I miss Sasha and the others [Frown]

Yeah, I thought time balls would be very LMBP [Wink]

Oracle was very different for me, in that I had barely used her before, so I was kind of making her up as I went along. The big thing about her is that prophecy is her entire life, and as such I figured that she would trust the Fates completely, thereby going against common sense to follow the path she must take. I was pleased with how she turned out.

I have to admit that the scenes involving Spellbinder and Crujectra are among my favorites. Crujectra is so much fun to write, and Kyra was always my favorite Crusader. Oddly enough, in my earliest Crusaders stories, Kyra and Brainstorm were a couple. I was still a teenager then, and the idea of writing a gay character was taboo to me. It wasn't until after I came out in my 20s that Brainstorm was revamped into a homosexual, and soon after I paired him up with Powermax (who was named simply because at the time I liked the name Max, and decided to create a character whose nickname could be Max [Wink] )

This story was the hardest OneVision for me to write, simply because I wanted to include a couple of LMBP villains to it (Red Bee, Time Mouse Trapper and Entropy Spinach) who I had never written before, and who I was mostly unfamiliar with (except for Red Bee). Cobie was kind enough to give me some background, and I took some liberties with the Entropy Spinach, as far as appearance and how it would act (the whole cosmic being angle). Hopefully I didn't stray too far off track.

I also knew that other posters had plans for the Red Bee and Time Mouse Trapper, so it was important to me that I returned them to where I found them at the end of the story, hence the Entropy Spinach's actions at the end of the story. Always put away the common toys so others can play with them too [Wink]

Glad you liked the Shadow Queen and Bannata Commando [Smile] There is probably alot more that can be done to flesh them out if anyone ever feels the urge.

As for how powers work, that was something I picked up from reading David Eddings "Belgariad". He talked about the use of magic, and opposing forces, and that just made sense to me, so I've always tried to keep it in mind when writing. There are natural weaknesses to anyone's powers, and the trick is figuring when to exploit them and when to counteract them. I think it makes the characters more human.

Anyhoo, I'm glad that you enjoyed the story!

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.