Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Finland, Finland, Finland

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Finland, Finland, Finland
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, the weekend before last was the Comic Expo down in Bristol. Much hilarity, drinking, comics, sharing a lift with Geoff Johns, more drinking and Tony Lee in a top hat with an Eagle award (that wasn't his) taped to it. But the big story of the weekend was the story that Phil Barnett (ten year old son of Lee 'Budgie' Barnett) was telling everyone on Saturday night about Juggernaut, zombie-Batman, Finland and Professor X's evil schemes. He even pitched it to Bob Wayne at one point (not knowing who Bob Wayne was) who objected to it because 'Batman will never fight Juggernaut' and 'Anyway, Juggernaut finds Finland first and that won't happen in a DC comic'. The point being though that this story got stuck in my head so while watching the Eurovision Song Contest i had to draw it. And now it's for all to see over at Budgie's livejournal here

Bear in mind that the whole coptwrite issues and stuff are not intended to be infringed in any way and there is no intention to make any money from this, it's just a chance to spread round the genius of Phil's story as much as possible. Enjoy. [Smile]

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That’s Brilliant I love it.

“wonky panels mean action”

Braiiiinnnnnnnnssssssssss”

“slappitty slap”

[ROTFLMAO]

Makes me wish i had come down to Bristol just to see Bob Waynes face.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Unfortunately I was actually at the bar when Phil pitched to Bob Wayne so i missed that particular delight. One of the funniest things about it was that Budgie had left Phil with about ten of us while he had to go and make a phone call. He was gone about twenty minutes maybe and when he came back he was greeted by the site of Phil holding court to ten comics geeks (including Kieron Gillen, Sam Hart and Tony Lee) and telling this story, acted out brilliantly with his Batman and Juggernaut figures (in the original version of teh story Professor X didn't actually make an appearance because Phil doesn't have a Professor X figure). Tony then proceeded to repeat the story to Budgie who was stood there with this bemused look on his face. Tony then proceeded to make a few sugesstions which was greeted with phil's indignant cry of '*I'm* the story teller', hence the picture on the cover. [Big Grin]

--------------------

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
So geenyus it literally hurts!

And little panels that make no sense ALSO MEAN ACTION! - [LOL]

Bevis, you really beautifully show how sweet, imaginitive and exciting a ten year old's humor can be, while at the same time making some really funny jokes & scenes. Brillant!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Phil is great and believe me half of the stuff that eh came out with I'd forgotten so is missing from there. i also loved how specific it was. Batman didn't just fall into the water and drown he fell 20,000 feet and drowned. And it was very specifically 68,000 people who drowned when the dam burst. hen Tony was recounting the story to Budgie Phil had to keep correcting him on the numbers. [Big Grin]

That fight scene is ever so slightly a bit of a jibe at Infinite Crisis as well. I couldn't resist.

Oh, and zombie-Batman wearing Juggernaut's helmet is officially the most fun thing I have ever drawn.

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
OMG! I think I coughed up a part of my lung laughing mao. I better take a break before the staff calls for an ambulance.

Really, the funniest thing I've read in months and your illustration of the story is dead-on perfect Bevis.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Bevis,

That was great. I especially liked the slappity slap.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkwithcrowds
Skinny wee Scottish guy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkwithcrowds   Email walkwithcrowds         Edit/Delete Post     
"Aaaw Bum"

Bwaa hah hah hah hah!!!!

--------------------
Be lucky

From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.