Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » SUPERMODEL Discussion Thread (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: SUPERMODEL Discussion Thread
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
What is SUPERMODEL, you ask? Well, it's a new contest/challenge fanfic that I've come up with.

Basically, I've done some art and writing that tells the story of the search for the next great super powered female to be chosen as a pinup/cover model for Legion comics. She may be a hero, she may be a villain, but she must have a superpower. I call them SUPERMODELS.

Dream Girl acts as the host of the show. We have some very qualified judges. The contestants are all very different, very lovely. They will go through a series of pinup challenges. There will be eliminations after each challenge until the SUPERMODEL is named.

Sorry, it's not an interactive contest. The results have already been determined. But I ask that you sit back, relax, enjoy the show, and I hope to hear from you on this, the discussion thread.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Looks like fun, my money's on Drura.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
five? why not 10? 12? would love to see Charma and Calorie Queen in this contest. Perhaps next contest?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Tamper Lad,
Thanks for responding. Heh! Gambling on the results! That'd be fun! Anyone know how to set up a pool for that?

superboymddjr,
Well, the truth is, in my original sketches and notes, I picked out ten contestants and came up with ten challenges. However, drawing even the stick figure-like sketches nearly broke my arm in the process. That's a *legion* of characters! (har har!) So, I narrowed it down to five so I can actually get this fun little project done.
Hey, once we get to the winner of this one, it could be quite fun to have another one, with different characters. So I guess it's better not to use them all at once!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Great Caesar's Salad!

Five hot Legion women drawn by Sketchie in competition to serve as a Legion pinup cover?

This is like Christmas in August!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Go Infectious Lass!

Can't wait for the boy version featuring Dean's Mekt & Jungle King!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I think Rainbow Girl will be the dark horse contestant. Glorith is too old. Quicksand too exotic. Drura unfortunately is an aquired taste. Lamprey will be the winner.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

LOVE all the speculation! Thank you.

The first challenge will be done soon!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
OOhhh Will one of the challenges be to babysit a group of toddlers with super-powers?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Can't wait to see what that hussy Saturn Girl and that Empress do to the women that don't meet their high expectations.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well I can see Saturn Girl as the Randy, Marta as the Paula, but would Empress be Simon? I think she'd just as well kill the contestants as judge them [Razz]
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

So, the first challenge has happened and we've had our first elimination.

I hope my characterization is working for everyone. I know not everyone is going to agree with every elimination, but, this time, the results are already determined.

Maybe next time I'll make the eliminations interactive.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Great first challenge. I am stunned that my choice for winner was the first rejected, but I have to agree with the judges.

I love the looks you are giving the judges..

--------------------

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Oh, glad you like the judges! I actually considered not making those scenes part of this, but it was too fun to write/illustrate, so I made it happen.

Yeah, I knew that Lamprey was going to be eliminated when you predicted her as winner, so I felt a little guilty. That's gonna be half the fun, though, the wondering how each contestant will fare.

Thanks for responding! This is a fun (and rather time consuming) project for me, so I hope others enjoy it.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

I am definitely enjoying it.

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.