Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Request/Challenge for interested LW artists

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Request/Challenge for interested LW artists
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I wrote a story called "Turning Point" (linked in my sig below) that I'm very proud of, and a thought occurred to me recently. Years ago, Dean Lee did a 'cover' for a story I wrote years ago called "Inspiration" (Remember that, Dean? You have that image anywhere? I don't have it saved.). So I wondered if any of the very talented artists we have here might be interested in doing a cover, or some kind of image, that would be about "Turning Point".

"Turning Point" is divided into two parts, one set in the past (thru flashback) and the other in the present. So it could either be two images, one for each part, or a dichotomy cover that has, I dunno, mirroring scenes from both times or something. Or, in my wildest fantasies, there could be cover(s), plus little b/w drawings per chapter along the lines of what J.K. Rowlings' artist does in her Harry Potter books--hey, just a dream! [Big Grin]

I'm sorry, but I can't pay for any work any one might do. It would basically just be a chance for anyone interested to test their creative muscles a little by taking someone else's written ideas and giving them some visual life.

Anyhow, it's just an idea. My feelings won't be hurt whatsoever if no one wants to do it!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.