Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Who's Who 2 - Updated - Absolute-Lee - Clothes Off Fred, Shadowplay -Worthless Girl (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Who's Who 2 - Updated - Absolute-Lee - Clothes Off Fred, Shadowplay -Worthless Girl
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Adrianna McCloud
Click for fullsize image

Its note time Kiddies!
first up - Miss Adrianna McCloud, A perfect example of why one should do ones research before one attempts a venture of this size.
For Who's Who 2 I basically went through
Spellbinder's Masterlist and picked names that I thought I could do something with. hopefully I can get the enntire list completed...but I digress.
I saw Adrianna as a civilian figure, possibly a Lawyer type. So this costume is basically a female version of the Suit worn by Quislet Esq.
I was also going to go with a Cowgirl kinda them as there was a show in the 70's called McCloud starring Dennis Weaver as a cowboy cop.
Apparently though, McCloud is a reference to the Highlander movies. which I totally blanked on.

[ December 09, 2006, 05:40 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Alternative Boy 7
Click for fullsize image

This is more "Emo Boy 7" then Alternative Boy 7...except Emo's arent this colorful. Costume-wise I just went with something Id wear...I really really want this jacket. Alternative Boy 7 also went by the name Mighty Fan Boy Lad, So I may do a version of that costume (possibly with Paper Fans incorporated ala Shi...just for the pun of it)
After going through the LMBP outpost files recently I came across some designs done by the Kid who posted as AB7 and was fairly surprised to find that they were remarkably similar to mine.

[ December 09, 2006, 05:45 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Ample Man
Click for fullsize image

Pretty Straightforward costume - basically gave Amazing Man's costume long sleeves. Nit-picking? cape is a little too orange.
Ample Man also went by the name Bipolar Boy - there's a Bipolar boy in the last set of updates I posted, And I need to scan in Shift Kid.

[ December 09, 2006, 05:48 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Anchor Boy
Click for fullsize image

Hidy-Ho Sailors!
This is the second version of Anchor Boy - The firs had hugemongous Arms like Popeye . This one is a little more Gay (is in gay...not Lame). Im changing it though - Ive been trying to figure out a way to do a male Sailor Senshi costume and Ive finally worked it out.
Anchor Boy is also known as Dev-em and Shift Kid - Ive already placed a Devem costume in Who's Who one but I might do a Shift Kid just because Im a completist.

[ December 09, 2006, 05:52 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Bat-Fem
Click for fullsize image

Had I done this earlier in the year I couldve submitted it to the Livejournal Batgirl Meme that was ever so popular. But that'd mean actually updating my Livejournal Page. Anywho - Based on the Batgirl Suit from the Thrillkiller one-shots. Made it Red instead of the usual yellow in reference to the new Batwoman.
I do so Love Batgirl - Even the new Batgirl from Birds of Prey (I think she's named Misfit maybe?). And oooh that Yvonne Craig was a sexy bitch...Am I right people?
Meanwhile, while Im on a Batgirl Kick - Did anyone watch that Birds of Prey TV series? It was on at about 3 am in the morning here so I wasnt dissapointed by it. (not that I wouldve been if it was on in primetime). Dinah Meyer made a pretty good Oracle. The only thing that annoyed me is that they figured out a way to make Babs walk through some invention or other but she was in severe danger of hurting herself even more by using it. Ine the Final episode though they've fixed the bugs and Babs walks...and Apparently gains the ability to FLY. FLY I TELL YOU! kick arse theme song though.

[ December 09, 2006, 06:05 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

BJ Boy
Click for fullsize image

BJ stands for Big Johnson Apparently - though I though it stood for something else. Anway this is basically street-hustler Superhero. Also, oddly enough, one of the more popular LMBP related characters on Deviantart. Whodathunkit.

[ December 09, 2006, 06:07 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Blujectra and Drujectra
Click for fullsize image

Twin progeny of Spellbinder and STU (Iron Rat) Re-retconed back into continuity and aged...because...umm...because I said so?
Edit : I discovered Blu and Drujectra through researching other characters so I wouldnt have the Adrianna McCloud mixup again. So by searching for the various characters I came upon various Timeline and Continuity threads like This One and Stumbled upon these kids, who were apparently retconned out of existence. Well Im throwing them back in to expand the Jectra Family. Cute arent they? they have all their Mothers powers...and maybe some of their Dads aswell.

[ December 09, 2006, 06:14 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Brainbox
Click for fullsize image

This is obviously Krang from the Ninja Turtles. In his little walker that you got with his first action figure.
Anyway with alot of this stuff I pretty much get free reign to do what I want with the characters - I did ask Cobie about a few of the more obscure Characters. I couldnt find many mentions of BrainBox anywhere so I did with him what I wanted to...Brainbox - Brain in a Box - Krang..its a natural progression (least in my mind)
I was going to make him look like :megalaro: Megalaro but the Krang thing worked better.
Also works as a Villian...but I like him better as a human.

[ December 09, 2006, 06:24 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Bucky
Click for fullsize image

AAA-AAA-AAANGRY BEAVERS! Fuck I loved that show. this is Dagget dressed as Bucky...nuff said. (theres also a Psycho-Beaver in LMBP history right? expect a pic soon)

[ December 09, 2006, 06:27 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Captain Lightbulb
Click for fullsize image

Erik Davis Esters' Character, Suggested by Cobie - who said he was a guy in Speedos with a lighbulb on his head. I added the cape and boots..cause...Well...."Shutup. Thats why" Anyway I think he's appearing in the Omnia Tagteam thread at the moment - or is set to reapear.

[ December 09, 2006, 06:29 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Caraculla
Click for fullsize image

A snippet of convo between myself and Cobie -
"Caracalla - a vampire car? (thats what I initially thought lol)"
"Caracalla - on the vampire car. This is actually the High Priest of the Black Sun. I see him very much as the embodiment of every interpretation of what a scary religious extremist leader would be (i.e. Ayatollah in Iran in the 1980’s, the Pope in the Middle Ages when he terrified the country side, etc.)"
And thats basically it...I drew the Evilist character I could. Made him kinda young though (but I make everyone young) - which Cobie referenced in Omnia ("He was younger then he expected").
Im really pleased with how he came out. My goth friends want to marry him.

[ December 09, 2006, 06:34 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Carggaphile
Click for fullsize image

This was another easy one - just ripped off Triad's costume. I like the different coloured streaks in the Neutral bodies hair - I think I might have stolen that Idea from Dean.

[ December 09, 2006, 06:35 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Carina Winters
Click for fullsize image
(As Wynter/Adrianna McCloud)
Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image
(As Carina Winters - Super Traitor)

And now we're back to Miss McCloud. As Ive come to understand it Adrianna, Also going by the name Carrina Winters, was a regular poster in "ye olden" days of the DC boards, who went a little nutty over a misunderstanding and is now refered to the Super Traitor of Space. I found this out after a bit of research...definately an oopsie moment.
So the first costume, Adrianna Uses as a hero, Wynter (nevermind the LSV belt). She then wigs out, changes her name to Carrina Winters and becomes the Traitor.
The Costume above Ive stolen from myself - just changed the colour scheme..I like the sweater/hoodie look.
The costume below is Vampire Willow from Doppleganger Land, mixed with Evil Willow from season 6 (Buffy incase you were wondering.)
I like the first of the two bottom versions, but added the second as it has more detail.

[ December 09, 2006, 06:41 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Chips Ahoy Boy
Click for fullsize image

Chips Ahoy!
if it looks a bit familiar thats because it is. HELLOOO its Robin. OBviously. Well ok its Robin, mixed with the colours of Robin Stand in the Protector .
The insignia is stolen from Chips Ahoy themselves.

[ December 09, 2006, 06:47 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Cookie Monstress
Click for fullsize image

I had a lot of fun designing this. The costume itself just sort of appeared...it was originally something a little more generic but became this on its own...I dont think I had anything to do with it - sometimes this drawings have a life of their own. I shouldve referenced Monstress but I always hated her so she can stay in Legion Limbo for all I care. So I made a female Cookie Monster.
Just a thougt - did DC have to change Monstress' colour scheme because she was so blatantly a Hulk ripoff?

[ December 09, 2006, 06:52 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.