Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Healex's Custom Tonner Legion! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Healex's Custom Tonner Legion!
Healex
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healex   Email Healex         Edit/Delete Post     
Hello Guys... I rarely post on here I know, but there is something I wanted to share with you all.
Introducing Princess Projectra

For Christmas I got a Robert Tonner Wonder Woman doll. She is 16 inches tall. I started looking at what other dolls they make and found this one. So I started looking for someone that sews doll clothes. I found this marvelous woman named Dawn, and sent her some pictures of the Legion women. She is going to do all the female Legionnaires for me in the 70's style. I told her that I was going to post the pictures here. She said that if anyone wanted to have any made she would be willing to be commissioned to do it. She is a professional doll maker. I hope you all enjoy these pics. I have never posted with pictures before so I hope the links work.

Click for fullsize image
 -
 -

[ March 21, 2007, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: Tampa | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, it looks like it was intended to be Jecky! Lovely.

I'd love to see more details. Great job!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
How fun! The eyes look amazing.
Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, really cool! Bet she could kick G.I. Joe's butt.
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Now, that's Jeckie!! That lady does amazing work Healex. (Love your avatar, btw).
From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healex
Applicant

Thanks guys. I'm going to try and get better pictures. I agree that they need to be a little bigger for the details. I can't wait till I get the ext one she is currently working on. [Smile]
From: Tampa | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Who is she working on now?

the Princess never looked better. Who was the doll supposed to be originally?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tekwych   Author's Homepage   Email Tekwych         Edit/Delete Post     
I've never picked up a Tonner but heard nothing but good about them. How's the articulation? It does appear that Dawn does excellent work, does she have a website or eBay store?

I can't wait to see Irma and Dawnstar.

--------------------
I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure

From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
That may be the kewlest doll EVER!!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Healex
Applicant

She is working on Light Lass now. I figured I'd be easy on her and do what I thought would be hard then easy. LOL. She was originally a Sydney Chase doll I think.
Tek I don't think she has an e-bay store, but she did say I could pass on her e-mail if anyone wanted. The picture that I first sent her was a photo manip that had the ladies in it. Dawn naturally picked DawnStar as her favorite and she can't wait to start on her, but I just haven't found the right base doll for her.

Oh and LASHY....she is going to be doing Drura for me as well. hehehehehe

[ March 21, 2007, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Healex ]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I can't WAIT to see the Dru doll!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tekwych   Author's Homepage   Email Tekwych         Edit/Delete Post     
Time for me to REALLY show off my uber geekness - One of the best customizers bodies on the market today is from the Obitsu company of Japan (Bring your Bablefish). These are raw bodies that allow you to adjust hight, bust size, and facial contours. Hair, eyes and clothes are sold separately. The easiest way to get the bodies here in the states is through Hobby Link Japan but their selection is limited. Figures, wigs, eyes and other accessories can also be purchased through Parabox who have an english shopping cart.

--------------------
I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure

From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
That's very fine work on the costume. It's going to be an impressive collection. Next you'll need a dollhouse-clubhouse for them!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knowjack
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knowjack           Edit/Delete Post     
I have a Tonner doll (bought it used) that would make a GREAT Cockrum costumed Shrinking Violet.
From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healex
Applicant

knowjack...I just got one that is either going to be Violet, Phantom Girl of Night Girl. I haven't decided yet which to have her do. LOL
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.