Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » The "Smoke and Mirrors" Companion (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The "Smoke and Mirrors" Companion
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Bumping this thread because I just finished reading "Smoke and Mirrors."

I absolutely loved it. I am really taken with Mala, I find her to be very interesting, especially at how she became uneasy when Arun called them out about killing him. Very neat.

The epilogues were nice, especially the tub one, it made Kalla really click to me as a character. Speaking of Kalla, can you PM a description of her. I'd like to design a micro of her as Kalla and not as Hot Chick.

I find it impressive at how well you can write some of the other personalities here. Something that I have been afraid of doing because I would hate to get it wrong. But I sensed a true core of realistic Cobalt, Cru and Rocky in your story. Did they have a hand in this? Because it's so dead on to me.

Romaltus, I don't who created this character, but bravo. Well done, exceptionally well thought out and written. A sense of family and religious drive to mask the darkness.

A great read, Lardy.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the kind words, Temp! I consulted with Cobalt and Rocky on their characters, but I didn't run their dialogue by them or anything. I guess I just have interacted so much with them over the years that I just know how they're supposed to act and sound like. It's definitely something I tried very hard to do with them and all of the various LMBers that appeared.

As for Romaltus, I did consult very heavily with Cobalt about the character. It was my idea to create a character that would be Cobalt Kid's long-lost uncle. Cobie was very supportive and lended some insight and specific details as to how his character's family and culture would be like and specifically how Romaltus would have to be like in order to be an outcast in the family. I loved crafting him and all the other various characters that I created for the story.

I'm tickled that you're taken with Mala, especially as she didn't really have too much to do in the story by necessity. She couldn't be present for Mordru's attack, or she would have derailed the plans of the Oval Elite. I hope you'll take the character in "Lord of the Oval" and run with her! It's interesting that both of her children and her first husband are all dead, so that there's only her and Romaltus, now.

What does Kalla look like? Hmmm. Well, I've noticed that, other than Leelee and Dru, all the female characters I create tend to be brunettes! Whether it's brown or black, that's a recurring motif. I guess I've a thing for them? [Smile] Hot Chick is the one who looks like Phoebe Cates. Kalla would have long, flowing raven-black hair that tends to run wild. Her eyes would be such a deep brown that it would border on black. Maybe her makeup would drift toward goth-style, but not all the way there? When she fought against the LMB she wore a tattered wedding dress. I can see her wearing ornate, lacy numbers that somehow show lots of skin while simultaneously seeming like formal wear. And white might be her color, a carryover from her wedding dress days. Maybe she has kind of an Emma Frost look? Hard to say, for sure. But I hope it helps! Can't wait to see the eventual micro!

One of the most exciting things for me to write in "The Covenant" was the reverse of that scene in S&M in which Val Armorr is rescued by Rockhopper Lass! I got to flip it around and show it from Adelie's perspective--something I always intended to do to connect the two stories!

Anyhow, thanks for the kind words!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm looking forward for the long overdue Cobalt / Romaltus scenes to come in "Lord of the Oval"! I've been thinking about it quite a bit lately.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
^Those should MOST DEFINITELY be some of the crucialest (if that's not a word, it is now! [Wink] )scenes in LotO!

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Lace?

Um ouch, I have done it, but it is very time consuming, but it does lend for a rather sexy idea in my head.

Yes, Mala, when the time arises, expect some PMs about her.

Romaltus/Cobalt scenes, very spicy and very much looking forward to that.

--------------------

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Hey, the lace is negotiable. I was just thinking of how she used to wear the wedding dress and how lace is characteristic of many of them. It's not an absolute must.

--------------------

Tempest
Enchantress

Well, I am glad you gave me a description because it looks like nothing that was in my head.

I saw her as blond, with some kind of sexy old style armor.

--------------------

Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timber Wolf   Email Timber Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exo-Lardy:
What does Kalla look like? Hmmm. Well, I've noticed that, other than Leelee and Dru, all the female characters I create tend to be brunettes! Whether it's brown or black, that's a recurring motif. I guess I've a thing for them? [Smile] Hot Chick is the one who looks like Phoebe Cates. Kalla would have long, flowing raven-black hair that tends to run wild. Her eyes would be such a deep brown that it would border on black. Maybe her makeup would drift toward goth-style, but not all the way there? When she fought against the LMB she wore a tattered wedding dress. I can see her wearing ornate, lacy numbers that somehow show lots of skin while simultaneously seeming like formal wear. And white might be her color, a carryover from her wedding dress days. Maybe she has kind of an Emma Frost look?

Me rikey. [Big Grin]
From: Doing the things that need to be done | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Timber Wolf:
Me rikey. [Big Grin]

DOWN, boy! [tease]

--------------------

Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timber Wolf   Email Timber Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....
From: Doing the things that need to be done | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.