Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Dream Boy and the Amazers - Prophets and Heretics (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Dream Boy and the Amazers - Prophets and Heretics
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
As the group made their way out of the caves Rol advised them all to keep their eyes closed. The sun was beginning to set but still the light burned at their retinas as if it had a personal vendetta against them for being out of it's light for so long.

"Tre, I need my beltback, I can't activate the control AI without it and it won't accept your orders."

"You can keep it Prophet, flying is not something I really aspire to doing anymore."

Rol smiled at his guide as he took the belt back, putting it on in one easy move he approached one of the Amazers saucers.

"Door." The saucer extended a ramp and a door appeared in the otherwise sleek side. As they entered the ship the AI's voice welcomed them offering refreshments and medical attention. Rol gladly allowed the small auto-med ball to examine his painfully cut legs. An extended arm smeared a salve over the wounds before the ball rolled on to Tre and examine the young guide who had acted so bravely at Rol's side in the caves.

Rol told the ship where they were to go adding he wanted them to approach from the north side of the castle.

"I did ask your mother to keep the north tower light on Tre after all." He turned to his friend as he said this, Rol smiled as he saw Tre was asleep already in the comfortably padded chair.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
It seemed everyone in the castle and the surrounding towns had been there to see them return, the crowds in the castle's courtyard cheered and shouted as the saucer silently landed on it's telescopic legs.

The queen stood with her back ramrod straight, her eyes clear and her jaw firmly held high. At her side Anagastru, the royal advisor, local witch and Tre's mother held onto her staff as if it was all that stood between her and an early death. The queen waved aside her security as the ramp descended from the saucer and the crowd roared with renewed vigour as the princess ran down towards her mother.

It was twenty minutes and a hasty, though well earned and necessary shower later, before Rol stood before the queen in the library again. with them this time were princess Rabecka, Gahald, Elizabori, Anagastru and Tre.

Rol and Tre gave their stories quickly, both exhausted and slightly overcome by the reception they had received.

"So why did he suspend you above that cauldron?"

"I guess he wanted to test us, we had gotten through the caves and maybe Tariq wanted to have a little fun. He had probably been in suspended animation for a couple of centuries before his androids had awoken him again. Who knows what goes on in a psychopath's mind? Maybe he planned on boiling off our skin to put over an android," Rol smiled wearily as he answered.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

"You look tired Prophet..."

"Please Anagastru, call me Rol." he had said this several times already to the older woman.

"Of course Prophet, but now please accept our hospitality and stay the night so we can show the people of our small estae the man who has saved their mostbeloved princess in the morning." The offer sounded sincere but Rol knew that the older woman would be spending the night organising a rally that would cement him into a position of the Last prophet if he stayed and the morning would be embarrassing if he stayed.

"James is waiting Anagastru, my apologies but tonight I have to return to the Amazer's Spire, if nothing else I must give a full report."

"Prophet... Rol, " the princess spoke now, "you are welcome here any time, now Anagastu leave our saviour be and let him go home." Rol smiled at the young woman.

"Thank you, I do really need to get back to the Spire tonight though I promise I will visit you all again. Though hopefully next time there won't be as much excitement."

Tre, Gahald and Queen Sheyneyna all laughed as Rol took Tre's arm and left the room.

"What is it Rol? Do you want me to join you to the Spire?" Tre looked worried as he asked. It was obvious the young guide was at home here in this anachronistic castle.

"Just some advice Tre. You really do deserve to have some fun you know." Tre looked surprised.

"listen Tre, your Seer commands it. Relax, try to get some fun back into your life, you're not responsible for everything that goes on here. Outside, in the crowds there's a young girl just for you okay. Go find her and call me in a couple of days okay? Okay?"

Tre looked slightly angry, as if Rol had somehow insulted him.

"How many times do I need to tell you? I get the impression you haven't had to many laughs Tre so go have fun."

"You mean like you and James?" There was a sarcastic challenge in his tone.

"Yes Tre, like me and James. Go find someone you want spend time with, cuddle up to, talk to, listen to, argue with and fight, make up with and repeat the cycle." Both men are smiling as Rol finishes, both realising how loud their conversation had become as they walked up through the castle towards the waiting Amazer saucer, and the crowds.

"As my prophet commands!" They are both smiling broadly as they walk up the stairs towards the courtyard.

"If I haven't heard from you in a week though I'll start to get suspicious." Both laugh.

"Rol..." Tre's voice almost breaks, there's an emotion that neither young man have wanted expressing but both have felt.

"Take care my good friend Tre, you really haven't seen the last of me you know."

And with that Rol opens the doors into the courtyard and flies up over the crowd. They roar and cheer as their princesses rescuer flies above them.

Rol activates the Flight Ring's speaker mode.

"Thank you all, your princess and townsfolk have been returned to you..." The cheering increased "... and my thanks to you all for your support. Take care of yorselves and We will meet again."

With that he flew down to the Amazer's ship and within minutes was sat restfully as he was flown across the continents towards his home in the Amazer's Spire.

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Once in the Spire Rol went to the monitor board where he met Atom'x and the Vyrgan trainee Gates as they patiently co-ordinated the Amazer's activities.

"You have a good holiday Rol? James missed you." Atom'x and Rol had never been close but even so Rol was surprised by the barbed remark,

"We missed your combat class Dream Boy sir, the group was lessened without your input." The teleporting insectovoid had virtually no accent but Rol knew the comment was genuinely meant.

"Thanks Gates, the classes will resume tomorrow at 0800 hours don't worry. Have I missed anything else?"

Atom'x moved away from the consol and walked out the door casualy saying, "I'll be beck in five minutes, more than enough time for you to catch up and leave."

"Meow."

"Pardon Drean Boy sir?"

"Nothing Gates my friend, now what have I missed?"

"Well it seems you are the focus of a religious campaign, could you explain this phenomena to me please?"

"Sorry, what?"

"here's a camp been set up at the bottom of the Spire, approximately six thousand inhabitants at last count though the numbers are doubling daily. Can you explain why they call you the Silver Seer, have you decided you no longer want to be known as Dream Boy?"

"I... oh florg! Gates, thank you. I'll... ummm... I'll see you tomorrow at unarmed combat training."

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Once in the quarters he had shared with James he flicked on the holotube and sat back on a Manilian beanbag. The semi-organic fibers adapted to his posture and mass and molded itself around his torso and legs and gently massaged his tired body.

Rol quickly scanned the news channel. His recent adventure was the top ranking story. A small team of Amazer's and the Xanthu Science Police were investigating the tunnels routing out the last of the androids and discovering a previously unknown set of caves that stored the generators and materials that Tariq the Mute had used. They had found a 26th centurry suspended animation tank explaining how the android creator had survived.

On a lower ranking news stream Rol found out that James had been flown back to the Spire and was said to be recovering under full medical attention. So, James was in the Medical Bay. Rol would visit him in the morning before the renewed unarmed combat class.

On a much lower streamed news channel he found what he had been dreading. A sect caling itself the Reunification of the Lost Tribes had announced that the Amazer known as Dream Boy was the Last Prophet and had asked its members to camp at the base of the Amazer's Spire while they waited for their Prophet to come forth and declare himself.

Rol felt sickened. How on Naltor was he going to deal with this situation now?

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

And on that note we've come to the end of this chapter of young Dream Boy's adventures with the Amazers on Xanthu. Coming soon, Rol learns that no good deed goes unpunished, he meets Squad Quantum and the Dreamboats and we learn a little more about Rol's rather strange family. Hope you enjoyed this and look forward to (hopefully) entertaining you some more soon.

Cxx

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.