Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Hampster Legion (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Hampster Legion
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Suncat, you're a dear.
[Smile]

I've been wondering why I want to call the hamsters 'hampy' instead of 'hammy'.
I think I remember something from my childhood.

Our first hamster was named Hammy.
(Long story about names of pets there, sigh)

He was pretty young and every time we picked him up he'd piddle in our hand or on our leg or someWHERE.
So, he became Hampy.

In my family, pets (except dogs and horses) always had the same group names, so all successive hamsters became 'Hampy'.

Of course, my mind could just be making the story up to cover my spelling and typing.

But I THINK it's true.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Bouncing Boy whom I always think of as smiling -  -

and Saturn Girl on a REALLY good day -  -

These are by Star-ness and I found them on photobucket.

These are by Oh Yuzu and I call them XS -  -  -  -
This one's by Hamster Dance and guess who I think that they are -  -

Here's Dreamy -  - by kiss-anuta.

[ January 12, 2010, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

-
From uncredited photo on photobucket.

[ December 30, 2009, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Suncat
Field Researcher

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suncat   Author's Homepage   Email Suncat         Edit/Delete Post     
The trio is from Hampster Dance, right? I used to use that as a screen saver.

--------------------
Laurie (Suncat)
My deviantArt page
My blog at Dreamwidth

From: Minnesota, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

I was kind of frustrated on photobucket.
Whoever downloaded the image was given the 'by' line.

Star-ness', in particular, were shown a number of times in the 20+ pages that I looked at and each one had a different 'by' name.
sigh

I'm sure you have the right of it.
[Smile]

[ December 31, 2009, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Suncat
Field Researcher

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suncat   Author's Homepage   Email Suncat         Edit/Delete Post     
http://www.hampsterdance.com/index.htm

--------------------
Laurie (Suncat)
My deviantArt page
My blog at Dreamwidth

From: Minnesota, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
They're adorable, Candle. [Smile]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

I'm glad you like them, Arachne!
I think they're more than I originally thought they could possibly be, given the subject.

For example, Suncat found an actual site that uses the funny spelling.
There really isn't anything new under the sun.
[Smile]

I had two others, a blue blinking drawing but the poster's site was down. She would have been a perfect Shadow Lass.
The other one with the site down was Sketch Lad's Karate Hamster, only it was moving and had 2 other poses.
That was a HUGE disappointment!
[Frown]

Of the photos, my favs so far are Cham, Tinya and the TRY-OUTS, I LOVE the try-out photo.

[ December 31, 2009, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

You can't have a Legion without REJECTS!

-

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

AND
a place to plan assignments, recreate, sew, snear at rejects, keep weapons and do other kewl stuff -

-

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

And finally (tonight) -

-

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

These next two are for MLLASH's Zombie passion -

-

and

-

Gads!
[LOL]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

To ring in the new year/decade with a smile -

-

--------------------

Come, join me!

Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, that HampyBrin is ugly. [Eek!] Love the muffin photomanip.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Yes, the Hampybrin is right up LLASH's alley!
[Smile]

And I think the photo might actually be real rather than a manip. but I didn't even think about that when I downloaded on photobucket.
[Confused] again.
sigh

It looks like the turning of the cosmic clock to a new year didn't change my state of being like I'd hoped!

--------------------

Come, join me!

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.