Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Countdown Arena II - The Sequel

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Countdown Arena II - The Sequel
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, Countdown was abysmal, but I just L-O-V-E-D Countdown: Arena, with all the alternate versions of heroes fighting one another. The original series had:

Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Nightshade, Starman, Blue Beetle, Ray, and Captain Atom.

And I want MORE. So, we have alternate versions of these heroes. Some good, some bad. Some real, some of my own design. And please note I'm not TOO worried about the Earth numbering, it IS fanfiction.

Now we have: Catwoman, Poison Ivy, Ice, Aquaman, the Atom, Timber Wolf, Dawnstar, Lightning Lad, Batwoman, Superboy, Dumb Bunny, and Guy Gardner.

You basically vote for which version of which character you think should win the fight. This is either for fun, to kill boredom, or a future fic.

Now then, vote - or ELSE.

Catwoman
*Catwoman of Earth-1099: A heroic Catwoman who protects Gotham City from the likes of the psychotic Batman. She operates out of the Catcave underneath Kyle Manor, alongside her sassy blond maid and confidante, Brooks.
*Gata: Shelia Romero, the mayor's daughter and pop star Gata, became Catwoman to challenge the rising popularity of the new Batman in futuristic Gotham City.
*Talia al Ghul: A cat-woman, the daughter of the cat man Ra's al Ghul, the head of the House of Selene, branded as heathens by the House of Lords.

Poison Ivy
*Poison Ivy of Earth-12: The new home to the DC Animated Universe, you all know this Ivy from "Batman: The Animated Series", which spearheaded the "Harley and Ivy" team.
*Poison Ivy of Earth-594: An Earth where ten metahumans revealed themselves to the public in a world where they are feared. This Ivy merely has a poison touch and pheromone manipulation, and head the more violent half of the Ten.
*Arsenic and Ivy: An original creation, Ivy's mind has been split into two hosts. The first, Arsenic, is a robot created by Will Magnus, which personifies Ivy's poisonous abilities. The second, Ivy, is a plant elemental.

Ice
*Black Ice: Original creation. An amalgamation of Tora Olafsdotter and Black Orchid, a clone of the original Tora who merged with some plant DNA and cryokinetic abilities.
*Ice of Earth-9: An evil version of Ice who is a member of the Fatal Five. They were responsible for killing Atom II.
*Frostbite of Qward: An evil version of Ice from the antimatter universe of Qward, she was a member of team of villains who caused natural disasters and then got paid to fix them.

Aquaman
*The Hand: From an Earth where all superpowers were erased during the "Black Light" event, Aquaman reinvented himself as the Hand, who has a wrist-port which contains a variety of interchangeable "hands".
*Aquaman One Million: From the 853rd Century, this Aquaman is the king of Neptune, and a member of Jutsice Legion A.
*Aquaman of Earth-1950: An Earth which combines most heroes and villains with horror movie monsters. A combo of Aquaman and the Creature from the Black Lagoon, this Aquaman fell in love with a marine biologist named Mira.

The Atom
*Atom III of Earth-9: Adam Thompson, the grandson of the original Atom, and the original superhero, Adam must deal with the sins of his grandfather's past while trying to avenge his father's death at the hands of the Fatal Five.
*Atom of Earth-40: From a world where all heroes are secret agents in the 1940s, this Atom has see through skin and glowing, radioactive skeleton. He has super strength, and his touch can burn.
*Super Sentai Atom Ranger 01 - Blue: From a world inspired by the Japanese cartoons of the 1960s, Godai Palmer is a super teen genius and leader of the Atom Rangers.

Timber Wolf
*Timber Wolf of Earth-Prime: Brin Londo of the "Threeboot Legion" who, although human, contains feral instincts and certain bouts of psychotic rage, a berserker Legion who is always threatening other members but loves Princess Projectra.
*Sumo Timber Wolf: From a variation of the Earth-Prime timeline, a version of TW with a fatter, bulkier physique, giving proper size to his strength and an unexpected bonus to his agility.
*Super Wolf: A version of Kal-El who was found by the Londos, combining Superman and Timber Wolf together, with Marella Tao as his Lois Lane.

Lightning Lad
*Lightning Lad of Earth-2007: Garth Ranzz of the Legion cartoon universe, up to the point where he grew the goatee and gained his cybernetic right arm.
*Garth Ranzz of Earth-20: Original creations. Part of the Lightning Siblings, this Garth is an archaeologist adventurer, and his sister is a "good girl" secret agent.
*Lightning Lad of Earth-1944: An Earth where the Legionnaires are Golden Age heroes during the height of the war, Garth Ranzz is a Canadian who created a "transformatron" device which can fire lightning bolts.

Dawnstar
*Dawnstar of New Earth: The original Dawnstar, who first debuted in comics during the 1970s. A girl with wings and one of the greatest tracking senses of all time.
*Bounty: Dawnstar of the Five Years Later Legion continuity, she was possessed by a demon called Bounty, who amputated her wings and turned her into a mercenary.
*Morningstar: An original creation, Dawnstar from a colonial-era Earth who acts as sidekick and partner to this world's Wonder Woman. Her abilities are a blessing from the gods her people worshiped, until the white man wiped them out for being "sinners".

Batwoman
*Batwoman of Earth-22: A Batman follower from the Fourth World who rides on the back of a giant Bat Hound.
*Batwoman of Earth-1: Kathy Kane, the original Batwoman, whose niece, Betty Kane, was the original Batgirl.
*Batwoman of New Earth: Kate Kane, the newest, and most popular, Batwoman, who has no romantic feelings for Batman at all.

Superboy
*Quetzal: From a far future where Earth is long dead. On the planet Aztlan, which combines Aztec and futuristic designs, Quetzal is the latest in a long of Superboys, meant to succeed the chosen Quetzalcoatl. This Superboy helped dispose the current, corrupt one.
*Black Zero: An evil, psychotic version of Superboy who has been travelling through timelines and killing versions of himself.
*Superboy of Earth-4: Captain Allen Adam, the Quantum Superman's, first attempt at creating life, a quantum Superboy with a good portion of Adam's abilities, but tampered for fear of him going on a rampage.

Dumb Bunny
*Pink Bunny of Earth-50: A 1940s Maxi hero, Suzy Fury has since married Judge Fury. In the town of Tranquility, her husband is the mayor, and Suzy is owner of the Chik'n'Go. She may be in her eighties, but she's looks at least thrity years younger than she should, and still has plenty of her superstrength. (She's not really a version of Dumb Bunny, but I put her in anyway)
*Dumb Bunny of Earth-26: An original creation. An actual bunny, from the anthropomorphic Earth-26, home to Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew.
*Bunny Trevors of Earth-90210: An original creation, a teenage version of Dumb Bunny who lives in a universe where all superheroes and villains are currently in high school.

Guy Gardner
*Gail Gardner of Earth-11: Original creation. A female version of Guy Gardner. God help us all.
*Guy Gardner of Earth-18: An Earth currently in the 19th Century, he's a famous Pinkerton agent.
*Little Guy Gardner of Earth-J: An original creation, an Earth where all the heroes and villains are babies. Yes, it's a world in the same vein as the Muppet Babies. Could there be anything scarier than a baby Guy with a power ring?

[ April 08, 2010, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I've always been intrigued by Mirror Universe deals where, such as the Crime Syndicate universe, and the potential to then have good-guy versions of their villains.

Imagine the 'evil' Flash, Johnny Quick, having a 'Rogue's Gallery' consisting of good-guy versions of Captain Cold, Mirror Master, etc., etc. or Superwoman's heroic arch-nemesis being a good-girl version of the Cheetah.

Crime Syndicate-earth versions of Catwoman, Poison Ivy, etc. sound very cool.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
They actually did a comic like that.

Luthor, Mirror Master, and Clayface were good, the others were bad.

So, I take it that's a vote for Catwoman, and which Ivy?

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

Yes, Countdown was abysmal, but I just L-O-V-E-D Countdown: Arena, with all the alternate versions of heroes fighting one another. The original series had:
You basically vote for which version of which character you think should win the fight. This is either for fun, to kill boredom, or a future fic.
Catwoman

1) Talia al Ghul: A cat-woman, the daughter of the cat man Ra's al Ghul, the head of the House of Selene, branded as heathens by the House of Lords.
Poison Ivy

2) Arsenic and Ivy: An original creation, Ivy's mind has been split into two hosts. The first, Arsenic, is a robot created by Will Magnus, which personifies Ivy's poisonous abilities. The second, Ivy, is a plant elemental.
Ice

3) Black Ice: Original creation. An amalgamation of Tora Olafsdotter and Black Orchid, a clone of the original Tora who merged with some plant DNA and cryokinetic abilities.
Aquaman

4) Aquaman of Earth-1950: An Earth which combines most heroes and villains with horror movie monsters. A combo of Aquaman and the Creature from the Black Lagoon, this Aquaman fell in love with a marine biologist named Mira.
The Atom

5) Super Sentai Atom Ranger 01 - Blue: From a world inspired by the Japanese cartoons of the 1960s, Godai Palmer is a super teen genius and leader of the Atom Rangers.
Timber Wolf

6) Sumo Timber Wolf: From a variation of the Earth-Prime timeline, a version of TW with a fatter, bulkier physique, giving proper size to his strength and an unexpected bonus to his agility.
Lightning Lad

7) Garth Ranzz of Earth-20: Original creations. Part of the Lightning Siblings, this Garth is an archaeologist adventurer, and his sister is a "good girl" secret agent.
Dawnstar

8) Morningstar: An original creation, Dawnstar from a colonial-era Earth who acts as sidekick and partner to this world's Wonder Woman. Her abilities are a blessing from the gods her people worshiped.
Batwoman

9) Batwoman of Earth-22: A Batman follower from the Fourth World who rides on the back of a giant Bat Hound.
Superboy

10) Quetzal: From a far future where Earth is long dead. On the planet Aztlan, which combines Aztec and futuristic designs, Quetzal is the latest in a long of Superboys, meant to succeed the chosen Quetzalcoatl. This Superboy helped dispose the current, corrupt one.
Dumb Bunny

11) Bunny Trevors of Earth-90210: An original creation, a teenage version of Dumb Bunny who lives in a universe where all superheroes and villains are currently in high school.
Guy Gardner

12) Little Guy Gardner of Earth-J: An original creation, an Earth where all the heroes and villains are babies. Yes, it's a world in the same vein as the Muppet Babies. Could there be anything scarier than a baby Guy with a power ring?

I voted for my favorite version of the ones offered, rather than who I think will win in a fight.
I hope that's okay, 'cause that's what you get, my young friend!

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

And I noticed most of your favorites were my creations.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Guys, come on, I'm not starting this fic until I get enough votes, and so far, an average of only ONE of each participant has gotten ONE vote.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:

Well, I checked and you're correct!
It was an accident!
[Smile]
I guess I DO like your ideas.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Catwoman
*Catwoman of Earth-1099: A heroic Catwoman who protects Gotham City from the likes of the psychotic Batman. She operates out of the Catcave underneath Kyle Manor, alongside her sassy blond maid and confidante, Brooks.

Poison Ivy
*Poison Ivy of Earth-12: The new home to the DC Animated Universe, you all know this Ivy from "Batman: The Animated Series", which spearheaded the "Harley and Ivy" team.

Ice
*Black Ice: Original creation. An amalgamation of Tora Olafsdotter and Black Orchid, a clone of the original Tora who merged with some plant DNA and cryokinetic abilities.

Aquaman
*Aquaman of Earth-1950: An Earth which combines most heroes and villains with horror movie monsters. A combo of Aquaman and the Creature from the Black Lagoon, this Aquaman fell in love with a marine biologist named Mira.

The Atom
*Atom III of Earth-9: Adam Thompson, the grandson of the original Atom, and the original superhero, Adam must deal with the sins of his grandfather's past while trying to avenge his father's death at the hands of the Fatal Five.

Timber Wolf
*Sumo Timber Wolf: From a variation of the Earth-Prime timeline, a version of TW with a fatter, bulkier physique, giving proper size to his strength and an unexpected bonus to his agility.

Lightning Lad
*Garth Ranzz of Earth-20: Original creations. Part of the Lightning Siblings, this Garth is an archaeologist adventurer, and his sister is a "good girl" secret agent.

Dawnstar
*Bounty: Dawnstar of the Five Years Later Legion continuity, she was possessed by a demon called Bounty, who amputated her wings and turned her into a mercenary.

Batwoman
*Batwoman of Earth-22: A Batman follower from the Fourth World who rides on the back of a giant Bat Hound.

Superboy
*Quetzal: From a far future where Earth is long dead. On the planet Aztlan, which combines Aztec and futuristic designs, Quetzal is the latest in a long of Superboys, meant to succeed the chosen Quetzalcoatl. This Superboy helped dispose the current, corrupt one.

Dumb Bunny
*Bunny Trevors of Earth-90210: An original creation, a teenage version of Dumb Bunny who lives in a universe where all superheroes and villains are currently in high school.

Guy Gardner
*Guy Gardner of Earth-18: An Earth currently in the 19th Century, he's a famous Pinkerton agent.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:

Well, I checked and you're correct!
It was an accident!
[Smile]
I guess I DO like your ideas.

I guess so. Thanx. And thank you for voting, Dev Em.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Now get more people voting, so far it's seven people and I'm one of them.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.