Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts : The Jan Arrah Era (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts : The Jan Arrah Era
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, it's a riff on Adventure #323!
 -

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
That's a re-creation of a famous scene from "Eight Impossible Missions"!

Element Lad has to get rid of that highly radioactive thingamabob without using his power!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll have to re-read that now. I can't remember what that Cosmic Eye thingie was!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Mordru later tries to steal it, only to find out Jan got rid of it ages ago!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Click for fullsize image

About this time Jan is thinking "Why couldn't I have gotten the kangabronc riding mission? Or the chess-playing one? I'm pretty good at chess..."

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Jan soaking in the Trommium moonlight...

-

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's Jan and a few of the other ES members fighting with Superman in the battle against Brainiac and Lex Luthor.

-

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the info, guys!
sigh

If I see an Eye, it's immediately the Emerald one, OR the Luck Lord one.
Glad to know there's a THIRD!

I like things in 3s.

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Your Jan on Trom is a beautiful drawing, MLLASH!
[Element Lad]

Here's one from the motivational thread by kidflash2fan:

-

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

This is one of my favorite pictures of Jan.
Well, and the rest of those Legionnaires.

In 'Superman' #697, second part of the story is by Javier Pina and colored by Blond.

This issue has my favorite cover of all time, too, by Santiago Arcas!
 -
I'm working on this one for a Legion of Light entry, too.

PS, I decided I like it really BIG!
Isn't Tellus beautiful, too?!

[ June 01, 2010, 01:55 AM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

This is a very short story from a possible moment in time for Jan and Tasmia:

quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
4. Tasmia's last born child is Zariah, daughter of Jan Arrah.

When she approached Jan for this child, he had resisted, at first.
After she'd removed her clothes, he'd given in, rather ferociously.

She'd loved the look of him, his fair skin against her blue, his blonde hair mingled with her black.
They'd made love for days and weeks, even though they really didn't need to.
They were beginning to fall in love.
They might have gone deeper and deeper into each other, never to come back.

But, Shaugvhn found them.
Shady never knew how, but she suspected Lar and Dawnstar.

Jan had been so torn, but his commitment to Erin was real and he couldn't hurt her any more.
And Tasmia had just wanted a child, right?

So, they'd had a final kiss after Shaugvhn left.
Long and long, pouring what 'might have been' into every glorious, greedy, grieving moment.
Then, he left.

And Tasmia had Zariah.
Too young for a codename, she had her father's powers and personality and blue eyes.
Tasmia loved her dearly and protectively and longingly.

Afterwards, a year or so later, Jan had gone to Trom and begun his memorial work.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry Candle, that's not Manapul's artwork, Forgot who the artist for that is.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

You're right.
It's from 'Superman' #697 where Lar finds out about the Legion, faints, spends some time with Superboy and Krypto on the Kent farm and then meets the Legion again on the last page.
The artist/inker is Javier Pina and the colorist is Blond.
I LOVE Jan in this picture, he reminds me of Heath Ledger, my favorite of the 'young' actors.
sigh
Such a waste.

Any way, the Legion appeared in so many DC issues this last year, I got it a little confused.
Sorry.

I'll correct it on the picture, too.

[ June 01, 2010, 01:58 AM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

-
original photo posted by lucienrose04

[ June 02, 2010, 03:14 AM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

I didn't notice how sad and tired Heath looked in this picture until I started working with it for an entry here.
His look dictated what the poster now says.

-
original photo posted by SLemene

[ June 02, 2010, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.