Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Braniac 5 Mini Bust (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Braniac 5 Mini Bust
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Seriously... I'm not rich or anything but there are certain LSH members I will step over my Mama to buy from you... (when/if you ever sculpt them)...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
i think it would be a good idea if you email to Jesse privately, instead of here in public.

Is it spamming or something? (What exactly IS spamming, for that matter?)
Or are we afraid of a bidding war?
Or?
I'm just pretty ignorant on internet manners.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse321
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse321   Author's Homepage   Email Jesse321         Edit/Delete Post     
There's actually no bidding war, it's strictly a first come first serve basis. I honestly don't look to make money off these, I make them and have them made because I've been a Legion fan for near on 40 years now, and no one is ever going to make these characters the way that I want to see them made. So, as the saying goes, if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. [Smile]

I know there is no relative resale value on these, because they're not mass produced licensed pieces, so these will only appeal to the most hardcore collectors/fans, and/or model enthusiasts.

They're not cheap (relatively speaking) and they have to be painted, which I'll be honest isn't cheap either ... but I learned to paint myself, so I've cut that expense off ... all the ones pictured there were painted by me.

[ September 09, 2010, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Jesse321 ]

From: Sunrise, FL | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse321
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse321   Author's Homepage   Email Jesse321         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Seriously... I'm not rich or anything but there are certain LSH members I will step over my Mama to buy from you... (when/if you ever sculpt them)...

The next ones I plan on doing are going to be, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad and Cosmic Boy ... then Karate Kid, Princess Projectra, Ultra Boy and Phantom Girl ... after that, it's anyone's guess ... but I'm open to suggestions.
From: Sunrise, FL | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jesse321:
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:

The next ones I plan on doing are going to be, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad and Cosmic Boy ... then Karate Kid, Princess Projectra, Ultra Boy and Phantom Girl ... after that, it's anyone's guess ... but I'm open to suggestions.
tyroc!!!!! [Big Grin]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
i think it would be a good idea if you email to Jesse privately, instead of here in public.

Is it spamming or something? (What exactly IS spamming, for that matter?)
Or are we afraid of a bidding war?
Or?
I'm just pretty ignorant on internet manners.

more like to protect from the lawyers of DC....they are a big watchdog...they busted the guy who custom-made dices by putting Green Lantern symbols (and many others - X-men, Superman, Batman, Legion, Skrulls, etc) and selling them in public recently (in www.hcrealms.com - the heroclix game)...without DC's permission to print anything. so I don't want to see that happens here too. so I thought that it would be a good idea if done in private...so none of us knows what s up with this. hmmm so thus more safer that way.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
i see it different kinda way i guess, i was asking as some one who gets contacted all the time in privet for work. most of the time people who contact me that way don't pan out and i find it more aggravating that i have to take time out to respond. that some times i think that a post of a general idea of what it may cost would only keep the response to only people who are Honestly interested..maybe im wrong

from my experience working with a my boss and a few people in the field, for the most part dc and Marvel know that artist do and sell stuff like this

if its a mass product they care if its something small limited number they don't. its when a person is making a ton of money off something they have to put a stop to it. that or if they have something in the works with the same idea or have the same product out there.

otherwise artist wouldn't be able to use any thing with a license attached, how many times to you see artists at con selling prints of license stuff? as long as some one is not making a huge amount off profit they normally look the other way.

do you have more details about this dice thing? im kinda curios cause, i've seen this first hand how they react when you try to sell something they do care about not selling with out their okay

[ September 12, 2010, 02:07 AM: Message edited by: kidflash2fan ]

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse321
Applicant

Trust me when I tell you, NO ONE making these pieces is making money ... I've lost my shirt with these pieces, but I love them, so I don't care.

How often do you get to do something that is exactly your vision of how something should look?

kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
i believe you, as some one who tries to making a living off my art, i know that sometimes even if your charging a bundle your not making a proffit

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse321
Applicant

I was just told that Brainy should be going into rubber tonight, so that he can be cast in resin some time next week. [Big Grin]
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Holy Cow!!

These are awesome!

Please PM me with potential prices, am interesting in commissioning a piece.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse321
Applicant

Commissioning a piece is totally different than buying casting of a piece that I've already done ... WAY more expensive.
Space Cadet
Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Cadet   Email Space Cadet         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jesse321:
Commissioning a piece is totally different than buying casting of a piece that I've already done ... WAY more expensive.

And probably worth every penny, these are beautiful!

--------------------
Readin' Legion since '62

From: Winnipeg | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Looking forward to seeing the painted Brainy!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse321
Applicant

I'm going to try to paint Brainy and Cham at the same time, even though they use totally different colors. I'd like to try to keep as complete a set of the Legion members as possible. [Smile]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.