Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Some of my artwork (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Some of my artwork
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
The linework is really nice on the Wildfire pic, and the Mano & Persuader pic, and the Validus pic.

I think the coloring buries some of the linework in the other pictures.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loitering Lad
Reject

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loitering Lad   Email Loitering Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Set!

I do agree with you. I've always been a pencil guy. When it comes to inking or coloring... not so much. It definitely does cover up a lot of the sketchy details and can take away from the character of the piece.

quote:
Originally posted by Set:
The linework is really nice on the Wildfire pic, and the Mano & Persuader pic, and the Validus pic.

I think the coloring buries some of the linework in the other pictures.

From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Sweet!

[Cool]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
WOW!! I love all of them! Thanks for sharing with us!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loitering Lad
Reject

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loitering Lad   Email Loitering Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I appreciate all the comments! Thanks everyone!

I do need to get back to drawing again, hopefully I'll have more to share soon!

From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
More, please!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loitering Lad
Reject

-

Started this one a while back but never was totally ahppy with it...

Loitering Lad
Reject

-

Timber Wolf!

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
In the first one, I think Garth came out particularly good.

I love how the nature of group shots tends to have people flying forward, and background characters like Gim standing there, and yet somehow having kept up with the fliers. (Teen Titans covers were the best. Robin would be swinging on a rope, Starfire would be flying, Kid Flash would be running at six times the speed of sound, and they'd all be arriving to the scene on the cover at the same time...)

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
The coloring on the TW piece is striking! Lovely textures! Please feel free to reveal your materials and/or technique, if you wanna'.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loitering Lad
Reject

Thanks!

The picture is a pencil drawing that I tried to ink and color with pencils. I played with the background in MSpaint once I scanned it in.

quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
The coloring on the TW piece is striking! Lovely textures! Please feel free to reveal your materials and/or technique, if you wanna'.

Loitering Lad
Reject

I think he was the part of the picture that I was most pleased with. I didn't quite get the others proportioned as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Set:
In the first one, I think Garth came out particularly good.

I love how the nature of group shots tends to have people flying forward, and background characters like Gim standing there, and yet somehow having kept up with the fliers. (Teen Titans covers were the best. Robin would be swinging on a rope, Starfire would be flying, Kid Flash would be running at six times the speed of sound, and they'd all be arriving to the scene on the cover at the same time...)

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't see anything wrong with the group shot.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loitering Lad
Reject

Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
I can't see anything wrong with the group shot.

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I LOVE that group shot!
They all have such wonderful expressions.

I think that BB is often a problem for artists.
If you include him, his body distortion, which is true and correct for the character, historically, tends to 'skew' proportion perceptions for the others.

Gim does the same thing with perspective, since his size makes our minds want to put him close, but the picture usually puts him in the background.

I think that you got the foreshortening on Brin beautifully correct!

They seem to sort of glow with good will, just like they did in the Adventure era.
Thanks.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.