Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » 31st century Justice League (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 31st century Justice League
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I love the ethnicity of the League of this era.
I wanted to show some of them and some who might be possible.
I haven't decided if they all have to be xenophobes.

I hope not, since the original Justice League line-up included a Martian and a Kryptonian.
And many others from other worlds or dimensions, over the years.

The first - from South America and a plant elemental:
 -
model is Florian Bourdila. photographer is Micolas Valois

[ February 06, 2011, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
2nd entry.
Since none of these feature subject names or photographer credits, I'm not going to list credits (I don't want to take away from the . . . topic.)
If credits are given, I'll post them as they present themselves. I promise.

This one is so calm, so the opposite of his powers:
 -
NOT Japan's quakester, China's.

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I really like the name "9.9". Coolness.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
these are cool!

i've also been experimenting with a new league ... but present day ... that is more diverse and global.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
MORE!

[Big Grin]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

I'd love to see your experiments!
And anyone who wants to contribute, please do!

Thanks for the comments and thank-YOU, LASH, for the coolness citation!
[Smile]

--------------------

Come, join me!

razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I love the name 9.9 as well! And the irony of someone with earthquake powers being really unshakeably calm. [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Rain Forest is beautiful!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

3rd entry, revised -

She retains the ability to communicate with and control all raptors (Earth types, mythological/magical types and even ET types, which she doesn't know about or presently use.)

She can also morph into a legendary creature, the Sphinx.
The differences in her version is that she is much smaller in that form than a 'normal' Sphinx, since her form is based on the African Goshawk, a falcon.
Her catlike body is small, as well, based on the Caracal, also known as the African Lynx

Her Sphinx powers still include flight, raptor control, wisdom, riddles/wordplay and ferocious strength, claws & teeth, which she uses on the riddle losers.

-

[ March 22, 2011, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

4th:
The second representative from China is a phermone hypnotist.
As she sings, phermones are released that entrance those she has targeted, individuals or groups.
Victims fall asleep or become open to her suggestions, acting upon her commands:
 -

[ March 22, 2011, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Rain Forest is from the Amazon River in South America's Brazil.

Catspaw is a jaguar/panther from Central American forests, Nicaraguan forests, to be more exact.
His powers are the same as the female Catspaw of the SW6 Legionnaire era.

-
model is Thibaid, photo by Nicolas Valois

[ March 22, 2011, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I really like Arial's powerset - if you are not so in love with her name, how about spelling it Aerial to invoke flight more overtly?

Other name suggestions:
Raptor
Avian
Aviatrix
Chimera
Mythos (I really like Mythos as a name, but don't know if it suits this character so much?)

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Thanks for the ideas!
I love 'Chimera' but when I looked it up, it doesn't have wings and/or any bird features.

I've looked up some African and Egyptian goddess names but it's hard to find something that really works.

I think I'm going to simplify her a little.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
This is really inventive, I like it.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candlelight:
I've looked up some African and Egyptian goddess names but it's hard to find something that really works.

Ma'at was the Egyptian goddess of justice and judgement and balance, and was portrayed with a feather in her hair and sometimes with feathery wings (she would weigh a person's heart against a feather, and if it was 'heavy' with unjust deeds, the person wouldn't get to go on to the nice afterlife...).

One version of Ma'at was also associated with (or married to) the bird-headed god of knowledge, writing and divination, Thoth, which could also tie in with the riddles and stuff.

Most of the big name Egyptian goddesses (like Isis) have human heads, except for Bast/Bubastis (cat), Sekhmet (lion), Nephthys (also lion), Hathor (cow) and Renenet (cobra). All of the bird-headed gods (Thoth, Ra, Horus) are dudes, but Ma'at at least has the bird-motif going on with the feather-hair and wings.

I think it's pronounced 'maw-AHT,' if you want to use that for Raptor Lass.

Then again, 'Raptor' is a fine name, too. [Smile]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.