Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » 31st century Justice League (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 31st century Justice League
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Set.
Ma'at is a wonderful suggestion, as is your pointing out of 'Raptor'.

After some study, I've decided to go away from the Egyptian goddess idea and go more for the natural and the African.

I think.
lol

I always love the thoughtfulness and creativity of your input.
:deepcurtsy:

Edit: I have updated her.
I hope you like my choices.

[ February 23, 2011, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tempest:
This is really inventive, I like it.

[Smile]

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

This the first of 3 in 1, the Triae.
She is the bee goddess(3)
Bees in mythology usually are connected to honey, eloquence, wisdom and gates/bridges into other realms.

In Egyptian lore, bees are the tears of Ra, the sun god.
In Hindu, bees form the bowstring of Kamadeva, the love god.
In Mycenaean the bee is Potnia, the Pure Mother Bee.

I thought I'd combine the 3 under the Greek Triae because of their 3ness, a sort of Triplicate Girl without the Carggite stuff.

They each have a power: instantly causing extreme drunkeness(meade), instant fawning besottedness(bowstring of love), and instant shattering grief(tears of Ra).
They can be in different locations or together or joined.
Their personalities are very different, as their powers suggest.

Together, they open travel portals like Shikari's people.

This is the first & Mycenaean & angry drunk (SHE's just angry):
 -
Brittani by Mike Rosenthal

[ March 23, 2011, 04:42 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

In the middle & Indian & besotted love (SHE's not feeling it, of course):
 -
Mikaela by Mike Rosenthal

[ March 23, 2011, 04:40 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

3rd of the trio, Egyptian & with tears of grief (which SHE's not actually feeling, or perhaps she is):
 -
Hannah by Mike Rosenthal

[ March 23, 2011, 04:47 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

This is the first of the Legacy JLEers.
Meran is a descendant of Queen Mera and Aquaman from a child conceived during the Brightest Day era.
She inherited both of their power sets: commanding sea creatures, telepathy, superfast swimming and water constructs.

Atlantians have become paler and more fishlike as they co-mingled with each other, the mer dynasty and the footed species.
 -
I'm adding this one because it goes with the first portrait and shows her underwater with flippers and some water manipulation.
I also love the work:
 -
This image then becomes her walking in the halls of Atlantis set aside for airbreathing guests:
 -
All 3 originals are from an Alexander McQueen show.

[ May 22, 2011, 05:43 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Japan is represented in the JLE by Mosaic.
She is a member of the royal family, a bit of a black sheep who operates outside of the prefered decoram established for royals over the millenia.

With a word and gesture, she turns whichever person(s) and/or area into a mosaic which lasts as long as she wants up to an hour.
This ability includes all matter and all energy except tacheons.
Time is also, on one level, contained within the mosaics, as whatever is in the 'picture' is held in a type of stasis for the period of containment.
 -

[ March 26, 2011, 07:33 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

The second of the Legacy JLEers is the current Batman assistant, from England.
A Greystoke, his armour is very light and flexable, like Mithran, and his weapons vary from a light sword to the classic batarang:
 -
photo taken from a 2010 Alexander McQueen Paris show

[ March 22, 2011, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I like the mixture you have of Batman lore, combining Robin with his British counterpart.

I need to look at the rest of these later.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Greystoke is Burroughs' Tarzan, Lord Greystoke.
Wayne and Grayson have always reminded me a bit of him.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

The Triae are close to finished now.
At some point, I'll resize them smaller and join the 3 pictures together into one presentation.
If I can figure out how and if I get the right software.
sigh

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Here she/they are, as close to what I had in mind as I can currently get them:
 -  -  -
credits are on full scale presentations

[ March 24, 2011, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Twilight is a descendant of Catwoman and so, not really a Legacy JLEer.
She is an assassin and thief when not working with the JLE.
Her telepathic abilities are unrelated to Titan and it's colonists.
She uses her mental powers to cause fear, panic, confusion of thought and senses.
She also uses thought reading to gather information and to follow and find her unfortunate assignments.
She is also trained in most of the European martial arts disciplines.
Like Squire Robin, she is associated with the Batman Legends, but she is from a branch that moved to the Basque region of Spain hundreds of years ago.
 -
fashion photo of Jessica Alba for Vogue Italia

Second version:
 -

[ April 09, 2011, 05:55 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

This is a fun one for me.
My family name is Crosby and we came to the US not too many generations ago.
We're Clan Bruce, who came from France with William the Conqueror. The Bruce was the ruler of Scotland in William Wallace's time. [Frown]

Anyway, this Bruce is in line for the Scotish throne, but he comes from a splinter group that settled in Colorado late in the 2200s, which he rules.

He, like the Green Arrows before him, and Squire Robin of the 31st century JLE, is gifted with super-markmanism, much better than normal acrobatics/flexiblity and speed.

He has a very small entourage, including a weapons smith who works with/invents The Bruce's many specialty firearms and bullets.

I love this one:
 -
Singer Kix Brooks from a T-Lo featured 'plaids' charity show.

[ April 14, 2011, 02:57 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Okay.
So.
After Plaid Lad was rejected by the Legion, he joined the JLE.

Ummmm . . . .
No.

Actually, he returned home to the Scotish Colony of Colorado and went into service for The Bruce, whom he then, went WITH to the JLE.
P.L. helped L.D.(Lord David) with dressing, tea time and loading/cleaning/packing/carrying his guns.
And . . . sometimes reporting covertly to the Science Police about JLE plans and activities.

Not such a baffoon as he might appear:
 -
Matthew Settle modeling for a benefit

[ April 14, 2011, 02:48 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.