Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMBP: The Black Ops Files

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LMBP: The Black Ops Files
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
----Six Months after the establishment of the Office of Security.----

Cobalt Kid is sitting in his office. The rest of the day staff had left for the night, and the night shift skeleton crew was on duty. He was going over notes from a recent case. He had stacks of paperwork that he needed to get through before he left for the night, but was having a really hard time concentrating on it. He heard a knock at his door, which was slightly opened, and he was surprised that someone had gotten that close without him hearing anything.

"Come in." He said, thinking it was someone needing to ask him some regular mundane question he had to answer throughout the day.

As he looked up to see who it actually was, he saw that Furball was standing in the doorway. Furball maneuvered his way through the doorway and shut the door. He was huge. Covered in fur, and seemed somehow different in demeanor once he had shut the door to Cobalt Kid's office.

"What's up Furball?" Des asked him, pushing his chair back from his desk a little. He knew Furball as well as anyone outside of Dev Em and Candlelight did, but he realized in those few seconds that none of them really knew anything about him at all.

Furball looked at him and tilted his head. He sniffed the air a little and then walked over to a chair and sat down. Furball shut his eyes and Des swore that he looked like he was contemplating something…which seemed odd, because outside of his fighting with Sharklad, Furball just basically hung around and flirted with the ladies, who all seemed to just adore him. Most of the LMBP treated him more like a mascot than anything. Des leaned his chair back and watched Furball obviously think whatever it was through.

Furball suddenly opened his eyes and stood up. "Ri Rhust rhu," he said and shut his eyes again. Within seconds there was a young man standing in front of him. It was everything Des could do to not first fall over backwards in his chair, and secondly, not look like he was in as much shock as he was in.

"What?" Des asked somewhat quietly.

"I said I trust you," the young man said clear as day. "This is the real me. I'm not an animal, nor a mascot, although that has been fun...lots of belly scratches from the ladies is never a bad thing." He said with a sly smirk on his face, "and I know what you're thinking."

Des looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

"Why the hell show you this now? Not to mention, why the hell show you of all people."

Furball waited for a response, when none was verbalized in dispute of his question, he continued, "as you know, I’ve been pretty much given free reign around here to come and go as I please. I happened to be in here the other day and saw a file on the desk out there that had some interesting information in it.”

Cobalt sat straight up in his chair, “this is classified…”

”I know that, but hear me out. I can help you with what needs to be done there.”

“Help me out how?”

“Okay, listen…there are things that need to be handled delicately in certain situations right? “

“Yes.”

“I can do those things for you.”

“Really…I don't think...”

“Hear me out. I have spent my life hiding in plain sight. I also have another existence though that not even Dev knows about. Wait…let me back up a bit. Once he left Daxam to come do whatever it is that he does around here, my dad spent the intervening years trying to figure out what to do with me. Eventually he figured out that I was a shifter, and was just as human as anyone else, but my feral urges were still there. So, being that he was a Military man on Daxam, he taught me the family business…if you will.”

Furball sat back down finally and continued. “My name is Lon Talbot Em. I’m Dev’s brother of a sort…actually, more like sort of twin born quite a bit later and after a lot of genetic manipulation. Long story, but needless to say, we’re related. I started doing jobs for the government of Daxam when I was about 15 earth years old. Nasty stuff that my dad didn’t even know about, and once he found out he shipped me off to Earth to stay with Dev and his family…only his wife doesn’t really like me around the kids much. To be clear though, they don’t know about this aspect of me…look or abilities.”

Furball moved to the fridge that Cobie had in the corner and grabbed a bottle of water.

“Anyway, once I got here, and got kicked out of the house, I found a nice little place downtown that I was able to install quite a few amenities in, Used up most of my money doing it, but it’s a good size and fits my needs. It’s out of sight too, as the only entrance is in a seemingly out of the way alley that most people here don’t want to go near.”

Cobalt Kid was clearly pondering over the information that he was hearing.

“The thing is…I need something to do here. I’m bored as hell being the LMBP’s mascot, but am not ready to give up the perks that go along with having a few secrets, at least for a while.” He chuckled a little bit at that, and smiled a very sideways smile. “If you know what I mean?”

“Which case are you talking about exactly?” Des asked him.

“This one,” he said and grabbed a file form the middle of the stack.

Des looked at it and shut it. It was a case that he had kept on the back burner because nobody on the Security force or LMBP roster had been able to come up with an adequate plan that would not have had political repercussions.”

“That’s too hot for us at this time. Neither the Office of Security or the LMBP can afford the negativity that would come with it.”

“Off the books then. Watch the headlines in tomorrows paper then. Look for a resolution where there seems to be none. I guarantee that your problem will remove itself from the board voluntarily before the day ends tomorrow.”

“What did…”

“It’s off the books. Case closed.” Lon said as he got up out of the chair. “Check through some old cases that seemingly fixed themselves without you having to get your hands dirty…there are at least seven of them. I need to have someone to give me these cases without me having to try and get in here and slip past everyone as the good natured mascot that cannot control himself when he’s near Sharklad.”

“Let me know tomorrow," he said as he left the room, switching back to the large lovable mascot as he left.

----A Beginning----

[ March 09, 2011, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: Dev Em ]

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timber Wolf   Email Timber Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
Case #37

Timberwolf was running as fast as he could through the streets of Rimbor, with several United Planets Elite Operatives chasing him.

<It had beem a year since the deal was strucck between him and Cobalt Kid, Chief of the Office of Security on Legion World. This was their first attempt at an offworld operation, and it had been going wrong almost since the moment they decided to try it. Getting away from the LMBP Headquarters had been difficult enough. Every time he tried to leave, someone else asked for Furballs help with something. Lardy wanted help moving cases of some kind of alcohol into his quarters. Princess Crujectra had wanted to snuggle a little, and there was no saying no to that. Dev needed him to get something for him for the baby. And so on and so on. He finally had to sneak out in the middle of the night about two days later than he had wanted to.>

"Simple operation. go to Rimbor and create a problem for the gun smuggling operation there. Shouldn't take more than a day or so...enjoy the planet a little, take a vacation afterwords..." He mumbled to himself as he rounded another corner.

<Tinberwolf had found the mark easy enough. Surveyed the area that he would create the accident, and even had an afternoon to take in some local talent at a fine establishment. The thing was, there was another group out there that was trying the same thing, but for an entirely different reason. The Dark Oval had been rising in power over the last few years and wanted to cut off these smugglers themselves to set up their own ring onto Legion World.>

Timberwolf scaled a building to get a better view of what he was looking for. he ran from rooftop to rooftop trying to spot it. "It's near here, I know it...I saw it on the bloody tourist map that kid sold me."

<Lon had found out that there was a hit squad from the Dark Oval in Rimbor shortly after he arrived. He and Des had figured to try to use them to their advantage. Let them do the dirty work, then take them out before they could return home. Everything had gone according to plan until he had noticed the Legion World uniforms on the hitmen three hours ago.>

"There it is." Timberwolf said as he ran across several rooftops and lept off.

<Timberwolf then had no choice. Take out the hit squad, strip the uniforms and get the target himself.>

Several shots whipped by his head. "Grife that was too close," he panted as he found a crowded market to plow through.

<The real trouble then hit. Timberwolf had not been tailed, but the hit squad had. This was bad news for the gunrunners as well, but worse for Timberwolf. Now he had a squad of United Planets Elite Guards after him. Several of them had fallen off after the first 20 miles oof the chase, but the obviously had a few enhanced men on their team, and they were still closing in fast.>

Timberwolf moved throught he crowd with an amazing ease, and barely even brushed by a few people. The United Planet Elite were not as graceful and were now dealing with a marketplace full of angry Rimborians. Lon laughed a bit as he slowed with his target destination in sight.

He bent down and put the duffle bag of Legion World Office of Security uniforms in a pile. He stripped off his weapons vest, slipped one Omnicom (which he made sure was off) and one other piece of equipment out and put the rest of the armory and his clothes in the pile as well.

He could hear the crowd roar getting closer to where he was and he knew he had to hurry. He set the Incineration grenade down in the middle of the pile of his stuff and hit the timer. He had five seconds to get clear and hope that nobody else got too close. Not really his problem and he told himself that there was no real innocents in this neighborhood anyway. he ran towards his destination thinking to himself I hope to the gods that Sharklad never ever finds out about this...

The United Planets Elite Guards rounded the corner in time to be blinded by the grenade going off. By the time they recovered, any evidence was gone and their suspect was long gone as well. They called in reinforcements and searched the area for hours, but there was no sign of him in or around the Rimborian Interplanetary Zoo. Just a bunch of animals in their habitats.

It was one of the best nights sleep that Lon had gotten in years.

---- End File ----

[ March 08, 2011, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: Timber Wolf ]

From: Doing the things that need to be done | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Ooohhh...I hope that there are a ton of more files. I really like that we can see Timber Wolf get flushed out from his past encounters and see how he works by himself and how he has interacted with others in the past.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timber Wolf   Email Timber Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
Case #217

Lon looked in the mirror. He adjusted his uniform. "I hate these things," he said as he walked out of the bathroom.

"You look great though," his date said.

"The only reason I'm doing this is for you," he said," flashing a sly grin.

-------------------

15 weeks earlier:

Cobalt Kid was standing alone in the gymnasium of the Security Office. It was late, three twenty in the morning to be exact. He had sent all but the minimum staff home, and he had given them all assignments to keep them occupied for hours. He was starting to wonder if Timberwolf (his new name for these assignments) was going to show. There were times that he would be stuck as Furball somewhere and not be able to get to the scheduled meetings.

Timberwolf came through the doors. "Sorry I'm late. Came across a mugging on the way here that I took care of pretty easily...it just put me a little behind schedule."

"No poblem," Cobalt said, "here's the latest assignment."

Timberwolf took the Omnicom from him and took a look. "That's it?"

"It's not going to be as easy as it looks. He has 24/7 guards pulled from his Military Elite, and he is never alone...ever."

"Not a problem. I read the papers. I know how eccentric he is. I also know he has a daughter...that he will do anything for."

"It has to happen before the big United Planets council meeting. We need someone in power that will sign the treaty."

"Not a problem."

"How are you going to get close enough?"

"Don't you worry about that...I'll think of something."

-------------------

She walked up to him and kissed him. "Zip me up..."

"Only for now," he said and zipped up the back of her dress. "You look unbelievable."

"I am unbelievable," she said as she turned back to him and put her arms around his neck.

"We need to get moving," he said with a wink, "don't want to be late for the ceremony."

-------------------

13 weeks ago:

Lon was standing in the middle of a crowd of people on the streets of Xyler 7. This planet was currently caught in the midst of a tug of war between the U.P. and the Dark Oval. Both needed this planet as a base point for operations, and while the man listened to money...there were other things that he valued more.

The King of the Xyler 7, a self declared hero of the people that had come to power by buying his way into it, was throwing a parade in his own honor.

Showtime... Lon thought as he saw the Kings motorcade coming down the street.

As the motorcade approached, shots rang out from a window high in the city. The first shot hit the front of the vehicle, sending the Kings Elite Guard into action to secure him and get him out of there.

Lon moved as fast as he could without showing what he was truly capable of and threw himself in font of Ayva, the King's daughter, adn next in line to the throne. 23 Earth years old, and currently a sitting duck. The Guards were getting the situation under control, but there were about 5 seconds of confusion that Lon took advantage of.

He took three bullets in the back and passed out.

-------------------

She pouted. "I want to stay here and thank you again for what you did."

"Your father wants you and I there, so we better get moving," he said. "There's plenty of time for that later."

They headed out the door to attend the Kings Appreciation Gala.

Timberwolf was really starting to dislike the excess that this man went to to show how wonderful he thought he was. He just smiled at Ayva while they were driven to the event.

-------------------

14 weeks earlier:

Lon woke up in a hospital room that had guards posted outside the door.

"Where am I..."

One of the Gurads came in the room when he heard Lon speaking. "You're in the hospital. You took three bullets for the Princess. He's taking care of everything for you Mr. Reyse."

Lon tried to get up and went back down just as quickly. "I heard gunshots and just reacted...is she alright?"

"Yes. Shaken up, but extremely grateful to you for your actions. She is very anxious to meet you," the guard said. "You can relax, we ran a backgound check on you and know about your military history on Rinfor 3. Twice decorated for Valor. Impressive for someone your age."

"I just did what I needed to. What anyone should do. Got lucky and lived...looks like I got lucky again."

"You got very lucky. The bullets missed just about everything when they went through. You should be out of here in a week or so with just a few new scars."

"Good. I think my vacation is pretty much a blow out at this point."

"Actually, the King would like to speak to you about staying for a while."

-------------------

They pulled up in front of the Kings Palace. Armed Guards were everywhere. Lon surveyed the situation.

"Your dad likes a show of force."

"After you saved my life, he's been a little overboard with the guards."

"Well, you are worth protecting," he said as he took her arm and walked her into the Palace.

-------------------

11 weeks earlier:

"Mr. Mykyl Reyse," the King said gently shaking Lons hand. "It is such an honor to finally meet you. I’m so glad that you are finally out of the hospital."

"I'm glad to be out. Never liked being laid up in bed with nothing to do."

"A man of action 'eh," the King said as he took a seat behind his desk. "I had my fill of that when I was younger as well...so I completely understand."

Lon sat in a chair that was placed in front of the desk for him. He loved how every single person always wanted to compare what they had done to whatever it was he had done, or at least according to official records had done.

"I appreciate your hospitality while I was in the hospital," he said, "and I heard that you wished to speak to me."

"Yes. As you may or may not know, I have a big diplomatic meeting coming up with the United Planets soon, but I want to take the time before that to thank you properly for saving my daughter’s life."

"I...that's not necessary Your Highness. I just did what came naturally to me. I think the Rinfor 3 Military might object though..."

"Nonsense. I already spoke with your superior officers and they have agreed to let you stay here for a few more weeks, until I can get something together. I have tot go off planet for a while, so it will have to be when I return. Does that sound alright?"

"Far be it from me to deny the request of a King that can get me a longer vacation," Lon said flashing a smile.

"My daughter has volunteered to show you around. She is very...taken with you."

"I didn't..."

"I know that son...but you did save her life. You have the exciting background in the military. She has been very persistent since she came to meet you in the hospital, and I have a hard time saying no to my daughter."

-------------------

They entered the reception hall. Timberwolf looked around.

This room is bigger than the Office of Security building., he thought as they approached the front table reserved for them.

"What's through there?" he asked Ayva, pointing towards a couple sets of door along the west wall.

"The balcony overlooking the Ocean," she replied, "Do you want to see it?"

He nodded and they walked over to the doors and slipped outside. The night air was cool, and he smelled the ocean far below. He looked over the edge.

"That's quite a drop," he said with a chuckle.

"Yes. I heard that someone fell off of here years ago, but I think it's just a myth set up to keep people away from the edge. A fall like that would kill someone."

He leaned out over the edge a little and memorized the layout of the rocks below.

"Come away from there, you should be by my side," she said.

He went over to her and she kissed him again.

"We better back inside before someone misses us."

-------------------

10 weeks earlier:

Lon was liking this assignment. He was given pretty much anything he wanted, and he was being escorted around by the Princess. There were other 'perks' to the job as well, but he'd leave those out of the official report.

The next several weeks passed without anything much of interest for his report happening.

-------------------

They re-entered the reception hall and took their seat after the King entered.

Lon was presented with some sort of medal for his actions in saving Ayva's life.

Dinner was in full swing when Lon stood up and approached the Kings table.

The King looked at him, "what can I do for you Mykyl"

"Can I speak with you in private sir?"

The King rose from his seat and motioned to the balcony doors. "By all means..."

They walked to the doors, followed by several undercover guards. The King motioned for them to remain inside. "I think I'll be safe enough for a minute."

After they exited the hall, the King closed the doors and looked at Lon with a deadly serious gaze. "Who are you really?"

"My real name is unimportant. You know why I'm here by now don't you?"

"I figured as much, I just needed this final proof," he said and all the bravado left him, "please don't harm her..."

Lon laughed. "I'm not here to harm you or her. I just needed to talk to you."

The King looked confused. "Then why all the false names and..."

"The United Planets got a tip off about an assassination attempt that was going to happen. That was when I took the bullets. My people took the guy out seconds after he fired the shots, but we had no way to know how safe she would be after that. Plus we had to wait for him to show himself, that's why I was in place, in case he got too close, which he obviously did."

The King looked even more confused.

"It wasn't an attempt on your life. It was an attempt on hers. To show you that they could take away anything at any time. Have your people check into the information on this Omnicom," he said and tossed it to him.

"But why did you stay?"

"Again, we didn't know if they'd try again. It was always about trying to keep the power they had over you."

The wind was picking up. The President looked at the Omnicom.

"How did you find out..."

Lon just looked at him with a sadistic grin forming on his face.

"...but..." the King stammered

"What do you think happens now?"

"I don't understand..."

"You got your power by buying it. Now you’re going to lose it."

The King was getting obviously nervous.

"What about..."

"She's the one that tipped us off about you."

"That means nothing, I'll just..."

"Do nothing. That information has gone out to everyone on the planet, expect a revolution."

"Where are you going to go? There's no place to go except..."

Lon was already standing on the balcony railing. "I've survived worse drops."

The King pulled the gun he carried for personal safety and aimed it at Lon. "I'll kill you..."

Lon got an extremely agitated look on his face and said, "I'm hoping you do...nothing like killing the person that saved the most beloved person on the planet. That will cement her place here."

the guards inside heard a gunshot and ran out to the balcony.

The President was holding a gun, and the man that had saved the Princess was gone.

-------------------

Two weeks later Lon met with Cobalt Kid at the Bunker.

"Good job Lon. Have you seen the headlines?"

Lon pointed to the Omnicom on his desk. The headlines read King of Xyler 7 revealed as Dark Oval sympathizer. Kills hero from Rinfor 3. Princess Ayva now Queen.

"Yep."

"She's in charge there now. She's signed the treaty, and is setting up a memorial for poor Mykyl."

"Good for her, she's a good kid...little needy, but has a good head on her shoulders."

"That all you have to say about her?" Cobalt Kid said with a big grin.

"You know we don't tell." He said with a wink.

"Any regrets?"

"Nope. It was a just another job. Never get emotionally attached, and you never get hurt."

"So, you're saying you've never been in love?"

"Nope. Never will. Too much crap to try to explain to someone about my life, who wants to put up with what I do?"

[ March 11, 2011, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: Timber Wolf ]

From: Doing the things that need to be done | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
-- Case 477 --

How he had gotten to this point was not important. Timberwolfs only thought was how to get out of this with his life, and the life of Cobalt Kid.

They had been ready for the two of them. Tranquilizers for him and hard plastic weaponry for Des. It was clear that someone had sold them out...and he really wanted to get ahold of whomever that was.

He could hear Cobalt Kids screams coming from the next room. No shame in that, he thought...he had done his fair share over the last few days. Constant torture was not something that anyone could endure for long and maintain a stone cold tough guy face, no matter what you see in the movies or holo-tv.

Lon looked around the room. There was nothing he could use here. They had him in a sterile room with nothing else except the contraption that he was secured in. They were keeping him drugged enough to numb his body to just this side of paralysis. The best movement he could muster was shaking his left hand a little...not enough to try to escape.

He imagined that Cobie was in pretty much the same situation. That plus the lack of anything metal was good enough to insure that they weren't going anywhere soon. No way that either of them were going to talk, and that meant more torture.

From the next room he heard Cobalt yell "I've had one night stands that could inflict more pain!"

Lon laughed...it was a weak, cough filled laugh, but it was worth it...he felt a little better...and he had an idea.

-------------------

The next day, as they entered the room for the daily sedation, Lon spoke up, "wait...I know that he knows the information you need. He doesn't know he knows it though. I have the trigger phrase that will bring it to his conscious thought process...and no, it has certain inflectional triggers that only my voice can hit."

"You Lie."

Lon smiled, "maybe, but what the hell are we going to do. We're drugged, exhausted, and totally incapable of moving. What's it going to hurt to let me try?"

The two men looked at each other. "If they are in their restraints, there's really no harm in letting this one see the other."

"True. I do not like this, but there is nothing for them to do but give up the information we need to know...or die."

Lon grinned to himself. suckers...all we had to do was hold out long enough. Then they get desperate.

-------------------

Shortly after Lon made his plea, he was being moved to the room that they had Des in.

"What...the hell...did you tell them?" Cobalt Kid asked him.

"Nothing yet. Told them that I have the trigger phrase to give them what they want."

Cobalt looked at him. He had no idea what he was talking about, but he understood that Lon had come up with something to help them...that was all the reasoning he needed.

"Don't do it Timberwolf...don't give them anything."

"Look, they deserve answers...and I can't take any more of this," he said looking around the room.

The man in charge came up to Lon and hit him in the face with a hardened plastic rod. "Stop wasting my time," he said and struck Cobalt in the stomach with his weapon.

Lon looked at Des, "The procedure was a success..."

Des raised one eyebrow...

"We could not save the bone..."

Des started to form a grin at the corners of his mouth as he realized what Lon was doing.

"It had to be replaced," Lon said and smiled from ear to ear for the first time in 2 weeks.

Des was grinning that special grin of his. "I remember now. I can give them what they need."

The man in charge looked betwen them... "what are you two doing...this is nonsense, KILL THEM!"

"You first..." Lon said and gritted his teeth and moved his left hand towards his body.

Cobalt Kid reached out with his magnatism and latched on to the one piece of metal in his proximity that the drugs they had been pumping into him allowed him to manipulate, it was part of the Ulna bone in Timberwolfs left arm. It had been operated on years ago after a really bad mission and had been partially replaced with metal supports to rebuild what was left of it.

Lon screamed with pain as the metal tore out of his body and killed all their present captors but one in the matter of about 5 seconds. Lons initial scream of pain lasted longer.

Cobalt Kid had left the one guard alive, with promises of his life. the man quickly freed the two of them and tried to back away, hoping to surive this ordeal. Timberwolf all but took his head off with his blow.

"That may have been a little much Lon." Cobalt said as he helped Lon to the door.

"Nah...if I had any more strength, they'd be looking for his head for the next week...that would have been a bit much."

"You screaming like a little girl is a bit much for me," Cobalt said as he bent down and stripped the weapons off one of the guards. He handed Lon a gun and a knife.

"As soon as I can stand up straight, I'm ripping something out of your body...then we see who screams like a little girl."

They both laughed as they ventured out into the hallway and looked around.

"Not a hell of a lot around here is there?" Des said.

"Nope...nothing I can sense...my senses are way too screwed up with the drugs."

They finally found a door, and got it opened.

"Stairs...up or down?"

"Target has to be down..." Lon said.

"Good. We have a few minutes if we're lucky.

-------------------

By the time they got down to the command level, they could hear the alarms going off.

"This is just going to make things more interesting..." Lon said.

"Straight up tactic?"

"Got it."

They busted through the door, and were somewhat shocked to discover that they were on a ship in orbit around the planet Tergan.

"Didn't see that coming." Cobalt said quietly.

"Nope...smooth running. Still straight?" Lon asked.

"Hell yeah."

They quickly dispatched the majority of the flight deck crew and herded the others away from the consoles.

Lon went and disabled the main doors, and blocked the way they had come in. "who has a stairwell going to the bridge?"

The General on the bridge, the man they had come to terminate, spoke. "I had it installed to provide a means to leave in a hurry. Obviously, I never thought that it would be used to my undoing."

Cobalt Kid walked over to the main operations console. "You ready Lon?"

"No, but that's never stopped us before, besides this is mostly on you."

"Cobalt let out a pulse of magnetism that fried every computer on the bridge, which in turn overloaded the ramaining ones on the ship.

The General looked at them and laughed, "There is no escape for you two now. With the power down, my men will be through that door in seconds."

Lon looked at him, "We're counting on that...because without it, only you die."

The Generals eyes went wide. "You'll k-k-k-k-kill yourselves" he shouted as Lon raised the gun to the main viewport and fired every round in the gun.

The Window cracked, but didn't break.

Cobalt Kid smiled and let go of the metal rod that he had been carrying. It shot through the viewport and shattered it as the main bridge doors burst open.

In a matter of seconds, everyone was blown out of the ship, and without the power, soon everyone on board was gone as well.

-------------------

A few hours later, aboard a United Plants ship that had been waiting for them to signal a rendevous, Timberwolf and Cobalt Kid were recuperating in that ships medical suite.

Timberwolf lookes at his heavily bandaged arm. "Let's not have to resort to that again okay..."

Cobalt Kid looked at him, "Alright, but it stays in the arsenal in case of dire emerencies like that."

"Sweatheart," Lon said to one of the nurses, "could you tell the good Doctor that my friend here needs a metal plate shoved into his..."

"Alright Lon...alright."

"I'm just glad you were able to maintain the metal sphere around us long enough for these guys to pick us up."

"Yeah, we still have the problem of how they knew we were coming...and how they knew the ways to dampen our powers that easily."

"We'll find out who it was soon enough...and whoever it is better pray to whatever gods they hold holy for a quick death...not that it'll help."

They both were quiet for a while and while not feeling 100%, looked at the two nurses on duty.

"What time do you ladies want to get off?" Cobalt asked.

Lon just started laughing.

[ March 26, 2011, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: Dev Em ]

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.