Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB:Tournament Champion

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LMB:Tournament Champion
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Red Arrow was sorting through papers last Thursay when Question Lad tapped her on the shoulder. He said, "The workday is over. Guess what I am going to do?

"You are going to check the tournament results, liek you do every Friday,"She said. Question Lad was about as stable as a helium atom.

He said, "No, today is very different. Stareyes is competing, and it is the champion. Red Arrow was a tiny bit disturbed to see his eyes light up like that.

"Where did you meet this Stareyes?" She said, her eyes narrowing. This really didn't fit with other stories he had told her.

"I met it whenI was finishing my acquisition of the diamond mine," He said. "I went to the Tournament because that's what people in Nasgerian* territory do for fun. And that is when I first met him in person! Yes I had been following it forweeks. is victories against that speedster, that team match against those people from the Khanate of Sol, and of course against itformer lover Silici of Odym."
*= Nasger is like Portugal during the height of it's empire

"Why do you call Stareyes it? Is it a man or a woman?" Red Arrow observed. This was getting alittle weird.

"I...never asked. It has a very effeminite haircut, often died a certain color but looked really flat-chested," Question Lad said.

"You never asked!" Red Arrow shouted.

"I don't-get-any, Emily! Anything romantic with me is incidental," He said. "Wedidn't get very far. He mostly kept a purple aura around him and told me his life story."
~~~
My life began in a Cadmus Laboratory high in the Kirby Mountains outside of Metropolis. I was given the name Hal Ferris, after some famous people that lived a long time ago. Iwas raised alongside several other children, with the hope being that we would be used to fight those evil alien oppressors such as Legionworld. If you press me for details, I could probably give them to you. But are not the details better explained by the records of Jimmy Oleson? The place has barely changed, it's like it exists in another dimension.

At around age 5, we were moved to a Nasgerian colony. Thankfully not the rock of impunity you come from, Sebastian**No offense, but that place deserves to be destroyed. It was about age 8 I first used my powers. I remember visiting a park and seeing beautiful colors reflecting off me into the water. You are well-versed in my powers, aren't you? Right now I am pretty happy with you, so I have the violet light.
**= Sebastian comes from a planet similar to modern day Colombia

Life was going pretty well, but we were sabotaged by Legionworld. Some of us were able to get away with Cadmus, but most of us had to fend for ourselves. I was homeless until I joined the Tournaments at age 15. They thought I would last maybe one match, said I should get the stars out of my eyes. But I stood my ground and managed to take out a 4-level telepath using the yellow light. The crowd quickly fell in love with me. And you fell in love with,me didn't you dear?

But that's the point. Without these looks and powers I am worthless. That is why I am buying a sugar plantation. I want to retire soon, but would get terribly bored just sitting on my plantation all day. So you know what I would like you to do?

When you get established on Legionworld let me know. I would like to buy some property, give some donations. Money can buy you love. You can buy your way into heaven after all. And maybe you can invite your friends here for a tournament? I think we can do alot of business together, Sebastian.
~~~
"I'm sorry to cut you off, but you've just talked for thirty minutes straight," Red Arrow said.

"Oh. Well, I guess we should go to dinner. But after this civil war is over I will contact Hal. He will help with funding," He said.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
"To answer your question, I would never want to live with Uncle Lex Sivana. He wants to marry me off to Leonard Thawne. Talk about gross!" Red Arrow said. "Okay, now your turn. Truth or dare?"

"Dare," Question Lad said.

"You have said that three times in a row! Tell me the truth," She said, mocking him. "Can anyone beat you in battle?"

Question Lad paused. "Of couse, with enough preperation a five year child could kill anyone. But as for individuals, do you think I would tell you?"

Red Arrow said, "I do. Because you trust me."

"That Nrrev who followed you here could probably do it. He got his hands on a cosmic cube afterall. Would really have to absorb all his memories about the cosmic cube before I could face him," Question Lad hypothesized.

Red Arrow laughed, "Nrrev is not the best user of the cosmic cube. Did you absorb the Dr.Doom memories?"

"Yes I did. And I'm sorry to say this, but he was right about Reed Richards. How is that jerk considered a super-hero?" He asked.

"He has invented things that saved humanity," Red Arrow tried to justify.

"He also decided it was a good idea to throw the Hulk into outer space! Really, you should have let Doom kill Richards given all the stuff he did," Sebastian explained. "Which brings me to the second individual, the beautiful Bel Juz. She is the governor of one of Nasger's colonies. She is a skilled telepath with intangibility and a host of other powers. She could easily take me down."

Red Arrow smiled, "You are a sucker for pretty girls, aren't you Sebastian? What about pretty boys? Could you take on your precious Stareyes!?" She teased.

"For the last time, I am incapable of having relationships. The fanfiction writer has labelled me incidently sexual. But yes, Stareyes could take me down," Question Lad said.

Question Lad thought, "There was that weird boy at the stadiums. He said he was pocessed by the demon Malacoda, whoever that may be. He can create intense heat and has a sword that can cut through anything."

Red Arrow said, "It's probably adamantium. I already know about Julian Richards so we can skip him. But what about this Possibility Boy you reference in some reports? Who is that?"

"He inherited a telecommunications business from his father, and owns the stadium where I have the mines. Possibilty Boy can summon any potential character for an hour at a time. A female counterpart of Cobalt Kid? Granted!" He said.

"Kind of like Kid Eternity. Don't know why you would be afraid," Red Arrow dismissed this claim.

"Are you thinking of naming your son Linus?" He asked.

Red Arrow gasped, "Yes. Yes I am."

"The last time I visited he demonstrated his powers to me a potential child between you and some magic wielder," Sebastian shook his head. "Talk about psychological torture."

Red Arrow asked, "And you hate these people?"

"No, why would I hate them? They are all competent businesspeople at heart. Probably going to prod them for investments after this civil war is over," He said.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.