Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » FanFic: The First Legion (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: FanFic: The First Legion
Klar Ken T5477
The Future Superman of 2965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klar Ken T5477   Email Klar Ken T5477         Edit/Delete Post     
Author’s Notes:

• In the present day, it is politically correct to transliterate “Draxler” as “Dracksler”. But this is how they spelled it in my day.

• Those who make a study of such things speculate that Dvesha Aanan had some sort of direct link to the Red Spectrum of Emotion, but somehow did not suffer from the side-effects that plague the Red Lanterns. As for me, he seemed incapable of anger, wrath, or hatred. His last emotional outburst I attribute not to anger, but to sorrow, and loss.

• We now understand that Kormons were most probably of the same stock as Daxamites and Kryptonians. Some have speculated that isolated Kormon colonies may still exist, although none are specifically known. Kormo itself is a dead world. Nimbok was a mutant who was able to metabolize even red solar radiation. He was able to manifest these energies in a multitude of forms, all of which we may not have known even at his young demise. Just prior to Leeta-87’s tragic death he had been experimenting with sonic manipulation, or what we might now call “super-ventriloquism”.

• There has never been a Vasmiri like Mog Yagor. His powers of telepathy were unmatched: he could communicate with his family on Vasmeer from his rooms in the Clubhouse. His telekinetic abilities allowed him to not only levitate objects, create force-fields and fly through space unaided, but to alter his own molecular density, allowing him to pass through solid objects. He also had the odd ability to reduce or enlarge himself. Standing about one-and-a-half meters tall, he could grow to a size of seven-and-a-half meters, or shrink down to a size of thirty centimeters. He also had a bizarre sense of humor. At least, I think it was humor.

• Some years after the events described herein, I returned to the Super-Hero Clubhouse to gather the last of the documents and artifacts there before an impending sale of the building. There were two old holo-messages from young heroes requesting tryouts for the SHC: a Terran karate master named White Crane, and a young Green Lantern called Oranx.

--------------------
"So different from the Original Superman of Krypton!"

Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I read this just before work, so I didn't have time to comment on it earlier.

Wow! Totally cool! I like what you did with Hate-Face and Leeta 87, particularly, having done my own takes on them, and Mog Yagor and Nimbok were very cool.

I love how Leeta 87 was like the 'Batman' of the group, and always a few steps ahead of the game.

The one-sentence 'missions' in the Missions, Anti-Hero Club and New Missions entries are inspiring as well, for all new fanfic possibilities!

Cerulean, the Hooloovoo Genius, made me smile, when I finally remembered what a Hooloovoo was!

[ November 28, 2011, 04:20 AM: Message edited by: Set ]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
In addition to your great takes on these obscure characters from the Adventure Era, I'd like to congratulate you on giving Marla Latham a "voice". Even though he was merely the chronicler, a little bit of his personality shone through.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! This is great, lots of good new ideas mixed with nods to continuity that it fits nicely into any of the multiple versions of Legion history. I really really enjoyed this. Thank you for sharing!
Cx

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
This is awesome, Tom! Really great world-building! [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.