Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » 2004: What's happening in the current Teen Titans series? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 2004: What's happening in the current Teen Titans series?
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
What issue number is the series up to? Are the back issues hard to find? Naturally, I'll check this out when I get to the comic shop again, but any more info would be great.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I know it's up to issue 12, maybe 13... I'll have to check.

And the first issues have already been given the TPB treatment.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super Lad Kid   Email Super Lad Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Ok, so this thread didn't ask what we THINK about the new Titans book, just what happened. But for what it's worth, here's my two cents:

Sounds like I'm in the minority here, but TT is the one Johns book I just don't enjoy. I find myself buying it every month and I don't really know why. I guess I keep expecting the quality to match the work on Flash and the recent JSA.

The first few stories were long and drawn out and didn't really have a satisfying conclusion. I really want to see more of Starfire, Cyborg, and the old Raven, but I keep getting the Young Justice kids and Raven seems to have had her personality altered in order to fit with the younger group.

The art is good, not great. The characters look like real people and aren't cartoony (about the only qualification I have about art in comics) so I have no complaints about that.

I'm not sure why I'm not clicking with this series. I'll probably drop it as soon as the Legion is gone.

From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
You know... few things bug me more than the notion that by de-aging adult characters to teens, that makes them suddenly fit in with teens. They should still have the minds/personalities of adults, even if their bodies are youthened.

De-aging characters to toddlers, however, is of course accompanied by a vast reduction in their mental powers.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with SuperPowers:
quote:
Originally posted by rtvu2:
I agree with Cobie about John's embracing continuity. That's why I can't wait to see the new Hawk and Dove and have no reservations about him doing GL:Rebirth.

is doing the new "H&D" then ??? and are they gonna appear in "TT" first ???

Matthew.

Well Dove is alive from the pages of the JSA and she left to go find the new Hawk somewhere. So H&D well be in the JSA or the Titans.
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by deantitan:
What issue number is the series up to?

TEEN TITANS #16 is on sale Sept. 22nd. It directly leads into the TEEN TITANS/LEGION crossover special due out Sept. 29th.

TEEN TITANS #15 will be out this Thursday. It's part two to the Beast Boy saga, in which we learn his origin.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I'll betcha Johns will be saving Dove and the new Hawk for when he uses the Titans L.A. cast!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rdstr2:
Well Dove is alive from the pages of the JSA and she left to go find the new Hawk somewhere. So H&D well be in the JSA or the Titans.

This after it was established that the Hank Hall Hawk & the Dawn Granger Dove would be the last of their respective lines, since the Lords of Chaos & Order who empowered them died & bestowed their remaining power on them...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the responses to my questions. I'll be going to the comic shop soon and see what I can dig up...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Crulith:
I wonder if he'll use any of these folks?

Click for fullsize image

He's using Beast Boy, so I guess that answers your question. I don't anticipate Gnarrk, Golden Eagle, or Dove since they're all dead. Harlequin was retroactively removed, Mal and Karen are retired, and Roy, Dick, and Wally are on other teams. Hawk and Troia appear to be dead, but we'll see if that sticks. Also, Garth is fairly occupied with a wife and daughter (assuming they're back together). So...we've got that one definite.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rdstr2:
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with SuperPowers:
quote:
Originally posted by rtvu2:
I agree with Cobie about John's embracing continuity. That's why I can't wait to see the new Hawk and Dove and have no reservations about him doing GL:Rebirth.

is doing the new "H&D" then ??? and are they gonna appear in "TT" first ???

Matthew.

There's irony in the above, right? Johns _embraces_ continuity but sends Dawn off to find a new Hawk? If the H&D series told us anything it was that Hank and Dawn were the very last H&D because the beings who powered them were dead.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

As Johns does embrace continuity, let's figure he has found a way to bring back a new Hawk. There's other ways to get powers. Maybe the new Hawk will be some joe who assists an injured alien trapped under a fallen tree, or had a scientist father that experimented on him. Or maybe those wacky Lords of Order & Chaos are back!

[ September 06, 2004, 07:14 AM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll give Johns the benefit of the doubt until I see what he has planned. After all, I think what they did with Hawkman was excellent, and probably one of the most honest attempts at pleasing all fans that I've ever seen. And recently working Daniel/Dream into JSA to connect him with both Hector and Lyta, as well as Sand and the crime-fighter Sandman legacy was a very nice touch.

I mean, he's had Cave Carson show up in a respectable way! I'm pretty sure he doesn't use characters unless he knows their histories, so he'll have something in mind for Hawk and Dove.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Didn't Dove say something about Order and Chaos just being energy? You can't destroy energy, it just takes a new or different form. There is the loophole.

The H&D series from the 90's was one of my favorites. What ever happened the the artist on the series?

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Hank, Don and Dawn were chosen by a specific Lord of Chaos & Lord of Order, who were together against the wishes of their fellows. Even if the energy was still around, it wouldn't go to a new host, it would just dissipate, since the sentience that granted it is gone, whereas in JSA #51, Dawn was automatically assuming, despite what she knows, that there'd be a new Hawk.

[ September 06, 2004, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.