Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » What happened to Beast Boy/Changeling? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What happened to Beast Boy/Changeling?
Comic Addict Lad
Paragon City Protector

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Comic Addict Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Comic Addict Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey All,

After reading through some old DC Comics over the past few months and specifically some Green Lanterns (Kyle Rayner era) I was surprised to see the new Titans fighting a big green dragon called Changeling.

Is this our beast boy? if so...what they hell did they do to him? And what happened to the original titans (wolfman and perez run) inbetween now and the titans run im speaking about?

Can anyone fill me in? [Big Grin]

--------------------
ICQ Work 8642753 | MSN: stueyross@hotmail.com | Email : stu@shadowsrest.com

From: Somewhere in the 30th Century | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't know about about that, but does anyone else hate the name "Beast Boy"? Stupid Johns...

[And yes, I do know him getting stuck with the name again predates the current TT. Specifically, it comes from the Johns-written mini...]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't mind the BEAST BOY code-name at all, but a fan of Silver Age Legion stuff would be likely more accepting of it.

The Beast Boy mini was quite good with some faboo art. It also featured the revitalization of Flamebird. Hooray, Johns!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Comic Addict Lad:
Hey All,

After reading through some old DC Comics over the past few months and specifically some Green Lanterns (Kyle Rayner era) I was surprised to see the new Titans fighting a big green dragon called Changeling.

Is this our beast boy? if so...what they hell did they do to him? And what happened to the original titans (wolfman and perez run) inbetween now and the titans run im speaking about?

Can anyone fill me in? [Big Grin]

That was Gar Logan. He was being controlled by Raven at the time.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
My thing about Beast Boy is that it makes him sound like he's in the wrong series, and Changeling doesn't fit either, it's like he needs a name that has to do with animals.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
"Changeling" is a stupid name. It *might* make sense for someone who copied the appearance of other humans, but still its kind of a dumb name for a hero. Though it might explain the Raven attraction.

"Beast Boy" has nice alliterative pizzaz.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Someone once suggested MENAGERIE on the DC board, and it's a word I like but I still think I prefer Beast Boy.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
"Menagerie" makes him sound like a chick.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
How about Menagerie-Trois? Non? Je suis désolé...
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Comic Addict Lad
Paragon City Protector

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Comic Addict Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Comic Addict Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
And so we've established it was BeastBoy/Gar, and it was Raven controlling him....but not how or why [Big Grin]

More input please...inpuuuuut </NUMBER5> [Big Grin]

[ September 07, 2004, 01:58 AM: Message edited by: Comic Addict Lad ]

--------------------
ICQ Work 8642753 | MSN: stueyross@hotmail.com | Email : stu@shadowsrest.com

From: Somewhere in the 30th Century | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm curious about the purple/green thing. Was he origially purple? When did the color change happen and what was the explanation?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

The purple was part of a mask.

--------------------

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Someone once suggested MENAGERIE on the DC board, and it's a word I like but I still think I prefer Beast Boy.

Wasn't he called that in KINGDOM COME?
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Comet King
No 1 Tellus fan

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Comet King           Edit/Delete Post     
But - with the new Doom Patrol thing going on hasnt his origin totally changed? He's got no connection with the DP any more has he? So none of the Mento stories ever happened now did they? Or have I got that wrong?

--------------------
"What a total entropic mess! Let me at it!"

From: London, England | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Byrne's specifically said he's not going to use Mento. So he still exists almost-as-was, but that only resolves a piece of the puzzle.

Beyond retconning in a DPalike group,...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.