Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Donna's powers as TRIOA !!??

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Donna's powers as TRIOA !!??
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
i loved Donna's new origin story from "The New Titans" [ #50 - 54 ] even though her original history as being saved by WONDER WOMAN was cool !!!

i thought it was an inventive spin on the original, and i liked the fact that she was linked the TITANS OF MYTH !!!

so when she became TRIOA, she got this massive power increase [ which i loved, as she was already my favourite ] but .... she never really used any of those new ones !!??

why ??

i'll have to did out the issue for the complete list, but she had LIGHT powers, a forcefield, even the ability to make people remember past events as well as her usual strenght and flight powers .....

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Unfortunately she never really got much chance to use those powers. She wasn't Troia for all that long before becoming that dreadful Darkstar, and then came Team Titans [Frown]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Crulith:
Unfortunately she never really got much chance to use those powers. She wasn't Troia for all that long before becoming that dreadful Darkstar, and then came Team Titans [Frown]

i remember her using the memory power just before the start of the "TITANS HUNT" [ which she was missing for most of it !!! although i loved her return from Greece to see the wreck of TITANS TOWER ]

and then she pretty much became the goddess version of TRIOA before giving up her powers ???

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Crulith:

HUH?

The sequence of events went Troia --> Team Titans --> Darkstar --> Byrning --> Troia (again) --> Winicked, surely.

[ September 05, 2004, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
HUH?

The sequence of events went Troia --> Team Titans --> Darkstar --> Byrning --> Troia (again) --> Winicked, surely.

yeah, i think that is the correct order !!?? i seem to remember a "TEAM TITANS" issue where she asks the gods to return her powers, but they refuse her !!! then she becomes the DARKSTAR a little later .....

Matthew.

Astrid Seahorse
Green Lantern Core

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Astrid Seahorse           Edit/Delete Post     
[Wonder Girl - Cassie Sandsmark] Cronus & Rhea - Titans of Earth (probably her strength & durability)
Oceanus & Tethys - Titans of Ocean (the cool net weapon she used)
Hyperion & Thalia - Titans of Sun (the light powers)
Coeus & Phoebe - Titans of Night (her starfield costume)
Iapetus & Mnemosyne - Titans of Memory (ala Dead Zone)
Heckyll & Jeckyll (Themis?) - Titans of Justice (her moral code I suppose)

I guess I could have gone online and researched this a little but this is just what I pulled from memory, Matthew. I agree that the Troia powers were a great touch by Wolfman. Too bad, the Darkstar mess, Team Titans fiasco, and John Byrne each took a turn at wrecking it! [Wonder Girl - Cassie Sandsmark]

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: Delegate of Lythyl, the Omega Colony | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I rather liked her "touch that destroys evil" power from Devin Grayson's run. I'm probably the only one who does.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I rather liked her "touch that destroys evil" power from Devin Grayson's run. I'm probably the only one who does.

i liked that power too !!! although it could have been too powerful ..... she should have just gone round all the DC villians and shook their hands !!!

Matthew.

Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
Ha! That sounds like how Miss Manners would vanquish the Foes to Civility!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
When all the Titans were signing that book to gain entry to that Marilyn Manson-looking demon's dimension, and it wouldn't work for Donna... that was kewl!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Didn't she use her Troia powers in that GirlFrenzy Special that she had?
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.