Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Teen Titans: Cartoon Network (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Teen Titans: Cartoon Network
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
One thing I noticed about Slade was he seemed to have brown hair instead of white -- what's that about?? Just how much are they rewriting the character and his motivations if he looks nothing like the comics version? Is the change merely cosmetic or something more (the shroud of secrecy around his face would indicate that maybe Robin might recognize him?)

btw, I like Starfire's retro costume with the skirt and Raven's Goth look (reminds me of Dusk from "Slingers").

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
not bad not bad...in fact, I was impressed how Robin was protrayed, all with his determination, skills, agility, stealth, etc. It showed how and why Robin is an important part of the Titans. He proved how dangerous he could be when it came to dire situation he's put into. Wow.

As for Batman, I thought I saw a figure that looks like Batman...so looks like I was not the only one who was hallucinating.

Can't wait to see it again this Saturday! (or Sunday)

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Where did you think you saw Batman?

I thought it was cool how they panned up to the roof and the bats flying by as Robin said "I already have a father" (and of course the battle was on top "Wayne Enterprises"). I guess they don't want to confuse the kids by mentioning Batman, but they were certainly none too subtle with the references for those of us who know.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I just caught part two and while the story wasn't too bad (and I did catch all the Bat references but didn't see him) I still think the animation is too much of a turn off for me. It completely ruins the story.

Plus, wasn't this supposed to be set in the future? I just don't see that. Maybe these two episodes weren't enough to see the look but it seems to fit into regular continuity (cartoon wise) to me.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Plus, wasn't this supposed to be set in the future? I just don't see that. Maybe these two episodes weren't enough to see the look but it seems to fit into regular continuity (cartoon wise) to me.

In terms of the animated continuity, maybe it's supposed to be after Batman retires? Robin's still kinda young so I dunno ... I've seen most of the episodes and nothing about it is really "futuristic".
235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
WHAT DID YOU THINK OF BUMBLEBEE ON THIS?
From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
New season starts Sept. 24th with the Doom Patrol guest-starring!
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Can't wait to see that one!! Robin teaming up with Mento?!? Robotman? Elasti-Girl? Negative Man and Raven? but I am more excited about the guest-stars, Gnarrk, Kole, Bushido, etc.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

I'm really looking forward to the Doom Patrol ep. It'll be cool to see Negative Man onscreen (it would be even cooler to see Rebis, but I can't imagine that'll happen).

I'm also glad to see that Hotspot will make another appearance! He's a cool looking character. He's not based on someone in the comics is he? If not, they should bring him in DCU proper somehow.

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Hotspot is based on Joto from Jurgens' Teen Titans.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.